BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post

On cars I have seen a bunch of Obama stickers and the only Clinton stickers I have seen are on the cars of two of my lesbian friends.
You know what that means. West Virginia must have a shitload of Lesbians.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 09:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Betcha a quarter WV goes McCain.
I would think that might happen. it is about 66/33 D/R. Robert Byrd is the wild duck in the mix. He is a very conservative Dem. Hard to know what he would do.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #53 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 10:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140 View Post
I have read his book and I can tell you that if it was a white person that wrote it and every white reference was substituted for black, there would be no way in fucking hell that white guy would have gotten this far. As for being a southern white guy, not quite. I'm a European American raised in NY for most my life.
I read the same book and did not gain those perspectives. And I AM a Southern white guy who also has lived in NYC a part of my life.

I guess it has to do with perspective. I have worked with so many people of so many different cultures that I don't even see color when looking at someone like Obama. I see a Harvard educated man with an A personality who grew up in a multicultural household. He has a diverse perspective that so few Americans actually have.

Is he perfect, NO. Is any politician perfect, NO. But having read his book, watched him speak, followed his campaign for what seems like 25 years but is only about a year, he does appear to be the real deal. He was not my first choice, but he is a very good second choice.

Some warts, just like everyone. A sense of mental balance that is unusual and that is good. If he builds a quality team, he has great potential and that is all anyone can expect.

The alternative is four more years of Bush policies and that is just not acceptable. We can't afford the lives or the hit to the economy for the middle class. At some point they can't handle more without crashing.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #54 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 10:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140 View Post
You know what that means. West Virginia must have a shitload of Lesbians.
That explains all the plaid shirts in Huntington and Morgantown.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #55 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 05:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Don't you find it interesting that the NASCAR demographic tends to turn RIGHT but the cars always turn LEFT.

There is a connection there. I wonder if 28 percent of America follows NASCAR?
Some guinea named Coriolis forced it.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #56 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 05:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I heard something on Boston Legal last night that made sense. It is time to let the next generation have the keys to the car. We have done enough. It is their generation and future, no longer ours.

As for Congress playing along. I look at this next congress to be an opposing pendulum swing to the 1994 Republican Contract On America. And with a President of the same party, there is much opportunity for that change. Folks are tired of the same shit. Just look at the last three Republican districts that had special elections where both candidates went in with equal money, clout and seniority. All three Republicans got trounced in Republican heavy districts.

Will all of that be good, NO. With Exec and Congress of the same party there will be issues but the pendulum is flying past center at light speed. Some folks might want to duck.
That's EXACTLY the excuse the Repos in the previous 2 elections viewed their role following Clinton.

It's all a matter of perspective.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

post #57 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 05:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

"... I'm a European American raised in NY for most my life."

" ... And I AM a Southern white guy who also has lived in NYC a part of my life. "

That New York this is important. No wonder Hillary is a senator from there, it gives her incredible cred.

I pity poor Barak Hussein Obama.

post #58 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 07:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Yep, he hates white people and wants to destroy America...
(Help me, I'm so scared I'm about to wet myself!)
Attached Images

post #59 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 08:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post

Good vote em all out so these New Republicans can realize that they do not represent the party at all. I am truly tired of the current status quo with all politicians. Good Riddance!!

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #60 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 08:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
aah, well, ...

Umm whats the "token" white guy doing in the upper right hand corner??

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in