~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Am I racist for hating nascar?
Yeah man I don't car for nascar neither. what say you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 06:45 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
I haven't read it either and thus, have no opinion either way about what he has or has not said in his book.

However, I don't think it is automatically racist to discuss Obama's perspective on race. Do you?

B
I agree with you on this because the man is entitled to explore his race vis a vis society and culture. I do sometimes think about what it's like to be part guido or whatever else I am made of but nothing will come close to seeing things from a perspective where I am automatically suspect until proven innocent kind of deal.
post #33 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 06:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Am I racist for hating nascar?
Don't you find it interesting that the NASCAR demographic tends to turn RIGHT but the cars always turn LEFT.

There is a connection there. I wonder if 28 percent of America follows NASCAR?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #34 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 06:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99CLKcab View Post
Does this make me look fat......err.............racist?
No, it makes you look short, or have no feet.

Did you ride Superman at Kentucky Kingdom? Or the ride they have there?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #35 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 07:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs View Post
on contrary, i am not an BO supporter but that is not based on his race. i think in some ways he maybe onto something but i am not sure if he knows what that is as all i know is that he stands for "change" whatever the fuck that means. i think, if he gets elected, that he'll find it very hard to actually accomplish much. outsiders tend to not do as well in DC. i don't think the congress will play along.
I heard something on Boston Legal last night that made sense. It is time to let the next generation have the keys to the car. We have done enough. It is their generation and future, no longer ours.

As for Congress playing along. I look at this next congress to be an opposing pendulum swing to the 1994 Republican Contract On America. And with a President of the same party, there is much opportunity for that change. Folks are tired of the same shit. Just look at the last three Republican districts that had special elections where both candidates went in with equal money, clout and seniority. All three Republicans got trounced in Republican heavy districts.

Will all of that be good, NO. With Exec and Congress of the same party there will be issues but the pendulum is flying past center at light speed. Some folks might want to duck.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #36 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 07:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
I haven't read it either and thus, have no opinion either way about what he has or has not said in his book.

However, I don't think it is automatically racist to discuss Obama's perspective on race. Do you?

B
i agree with the latter but assume destroyer is truly quoting BO's book. i am sure you have an opinion one way or another.

why is race still a huge issue in Am.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140 View Post
I'm not against him because of his race either, I'm against him cause he's against my race and I dont want a racist fuck like that in office.
he seems to not be as cooky as sharpton or ol' jessy but i surely don't find those quotes to be tasteful at all. i am sure now that some kind of swift race will appear soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
I didn't read his book but I am willing to bet that you took every word of his out off context.
isn't any and every partial quote out of context?

Quote:
Is that a bad thing?
nice. you know what i mean, no? sure i don't want the congress to rubber stamp everything just like i don't want the prez to the that either but i am just afraid that BO will get blocked time after time trying to bring about this "change." i guess i should hope for the best and since he has the kennedys, edwards and all these other people's support now maybe that will translate into good cooperation. but HC isn't completely out of it just yet. almost but the fat lady has not sung. it has been pretty amazing election so far. democracy at work is definitely interesting. not that HC win at this point would be democratic.

GS, do you think that race will be a huge issue in the election and will it be the difference maker?

in political asylum
post #37 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 07:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140 View Post
I'm not against him because of his race either, I'm against him cause he's against my race and I dont want a racist fuck like that in office.
You need to really attempt to get a grasp on reading comprehension. If you glean racism from his book [which I would bet you have not read] you are going in with filters on.

Read the entire book, in context before drawing conclusions. Also, while not possible you have to understand it was not written from the perspective of a Southern white guy.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #38 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 07:11 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I heard something on Boston Legal last night that made sense. It is time to let the next generation have the keys to the car. We have done enough. It is their generation and future, no longer ours.

As for Congress playing along. I look at this next congress to be an opposing pendulum swing to the 1994 Republican Contract On America. And with a President of the same party, there is much opportunity for that change. Folks are tired of the same shit. Just look at the last three Republican districts that had special elections where both candidates went in with equal money, clout and seniority. All three Republicans got trounced in Republican heavy districts.

Will all of that be good, NO. With Exec and Congress of the same party there will be issues but the pendulum is flying past center at light speed. Some folks might want to duck.

Could come to pass........

GOP cancer: Party could lose 20 more seats - John F. Harris and Josh Kraushaar - Politico.com
post #39 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs View Post
GS, do you think that race will be a huge issue in the election and will it be the difference maker?
I hate to say it, but I fear it might. Obama will carry all the blue states he's supposed to carry, but the further we stray from our nation's epicenters of sophistication, the more race will factor in. And remember, just about every candidate who has ever relied on a youth vote to carry him home has been disappointed. Younger voters may show more fervent support for their candidate before election day than their more seasoned counterparts, but it's the older voters who actually take the time out of their busy day to vote. Obama will need to choose his running mate very carefully...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #40 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 07:45 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 2005 ML500
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We treated African Americans so bad in our history that we are worried about one getting elected??

C'mon people... we are electing a president that is more intelligent than Bush and we are bothered about the color of his skin? I drive a black benz so I must be racist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in