Why did the new owners here dump The Tire Rack? - Page 8 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 10:32 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To be honest, TireRack was too slow. I ordered my H&R's thru them inititally and they had my springs backordered for 8 weeks!... I quickly cancelled that transaction and got them from All Springs dot com. in 10 days! I'm sure the new owners made the best choice going forward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 10:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Jayhawk, in this Global War on Tires you are either with the new owners or you are against the new owners. They are the deciders. They clearly have access to intelligence that you don't have. But if they made it public, it would just show the enemy how they collect intelligence.

If you can't accept that they just know better than you, then you are clearly an al-tireracka sympathizer.
post #73 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 10:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm against the War in TireRaq.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #74 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz rider View Post
To be honest, TireRack was too slow. I ordered my H&R's thru them inititally and they had my springs backordered for 8 weeks!... I quickly cancelled that transaction and got them from All Springs dot com. in 10 days! I'm sure the new owners made the best choice going forward.
I guess we all have differing experiences... Two years ago I ordered two sets of tires (eight in all) and one set of wheels (four in all) from The Tire Rack (Michelin X-Ice for winter and Goodyear Eagle F1's for summer, which came mounted and balanced on a new set of AMG wheels). I ordered them all on a Wednesday and they were on my car before noon Friday--less than two days later! TTR's local installer called me at 8:00a Friday morning and said they were there and I damned near fainted! From time of order to installation on my car was less than 48 hours!

The real beauty of the deal was that Luke spent a lot of time w/ me, on the phone and e-mails, helping me decide which tires and wheels would be best for my particular wants and needs--and car. I just hope the new Tire company has a "Luke" of their own who will know our cars and be as responsive as TTR's Luke was. That part worries me...

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 05-05-2008 at 10:54 AM.
post #75 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 11:03 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I guess we all have differing experiences... Two years ago I ordered two sets of tires (eight in all) and one set of wheels (four in all) from The Tire Rack (Michelin X-Ice for winter and Goodyear Eagle F1's for summer, which came mounted and balanced on a new set of AMG wheels). I ordered them all on a Wednesday and they were on my car before noon Friday--less than two days later! TTR's local installer called me at 8:00a Friday morning and said they were there and I damned near fainted! From time of order to installation on my car was less than 48 hours!

The real beauty of the deal was that Luke spent a lot of time w/ me, on the phone and e-mails, helping me decide which tires and wheels would be best for my particular wants and needs--and car. I just hope the new Tire company has a "Luke" of their own who will know our cars and be as responsive as TTR's Luke was. That part worries me...

It's a give and take, you worry me and a few others here..........
post #76 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 12:50 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon View Post
Jayhawk, in this Global War on Tires you are either with the new owners or you are against the new owners. They are the deciders. They clearly have access to intelligence that you don't have. But if they made it public, it would just show the enemy how they collect intelligence.

If you can't accept that they just know better than you, then you are clearly an al-tireracka sympathizer.
post #77 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 01:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Be careful, Jayhawk is the leader of the TireRaqi Insurgents.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #78 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ He's also a mental retread.
post #79 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 03:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

^^ And full of more hot air than a dump truck tire in August

post #80 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 06:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post

It's nice that Jay and Luke were tight like that.

I sure hope that one day I'll find my Luke......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in