Sami al-Hajj, Al Jazeera cameraman, freed from Guantanamo.. - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 06:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
Every single prisoner released from Guantanamo said he was subjected to various types of torture. I won't take your word against theirs.

Among those captured on the field :

* Sami AlHajj, the cameraman. The only things he was shooting are some clips. Did he hurt a single American soldier or only the way the world sees the US?

* Two Afghani journalists Badr Zaman Badr and his brother AbdulRahman who were both strongly opposed to Taliban as evidenced in their cynical writings.
ÌæÇäÊÇäÇ&# 227;æ

* Twelve Kuwaiti relief workers. Is relief work a crime?!
) المهندس فؤاد الربيعة وهو أب لأربعة ابناء حاصل على ماجستير علوم الطيران ومهندس في الكويتية.
2) عبدالله العجمي دبلوم عسكري ضبط في باكستان اثناء خروجه مع اهل الدعوة.
3) خالد المطيري دبلوم علوم شرطية ضبط اثناء اشرافه على مسجد والدته في باكستان.
4) فايز الكندري حاصل على الثانوية العامة ويعمل في مبرة الاحسان في باكستان.
5) ناصر المطيري موظف بوزارة التربية ضبط في باكستان مع اهل الدعوة.
6) الشيخ الحافظ للقرآن فوزي العودة خريج الشريعة واستاذ بدار القرآن اعتقل في كراتشي في احد مراكز القرآن.
7) سعد العازمي ضبط في كراتشي وبيع للأميركان شهر 2/2001 يعمل في مبرة الإغاثة والاحسان.
8) الشيخ الداعية عبدالعزيز ساير الشمري خريج الشريعة وأب لولدين ومدرس بدار القرآن الكريم ضبط في بشاور وبيع للأميركان.
9) عادل الزامل اب لتسعة أولاد موظف في الهيئة العامة للإسكان يعمل فترة الصيف مع مؤسسة (وفا) الخيرية ضبط كغيره من العرب في كراتشي وبيع للأميركان.
10) عمر الكندري دبلوم زراعي واب لولدين.
11) محمد الديحاني جامعي وموظف في ديوان المحاسبة له ستة أولاد ضبط اثناء قيامه بأعمال الاغاثة على الحدود الباكستانية - الافغانية.
12) عبدالله كامل دبلوم فني كهرباء له اربعة اولاد ضبط اثناء قيامه بأعمال الاغاثة في باكستان وبيع للأميركان.
ãæÞÚ ÇáÇÓáÇã ááÌãíÚ - ÃÓÑÇäÇ Ýí ÛæäÊäÇãæ&# 199; áä ääÓÇßã ÇÈÏÇ - ãÞÇáÇÊ ÇáÔíÎ - ÇáãÞÇáÇ&#202 ;

If you only count the dead, then you already know the war in Afghanistan did cause the death of thousands of civilians and another thousand POWs at the infamous Jhangi fort.
Oh my goodness, people who were incarcerated didn't like it! Amazing!

People in Afghanistan died in war? How could that have happened? I'll bet if they hadn't been involved with Al Qaeda they would still be oppressing women and dynamiting statues without anybody on Earth giving a shit. Taliban publicly execute woman, revocation of rights

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama

Last edited by Botnst; 05-04-2008 at 06:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz-dude View Post
Ex-Guantanamo inmate in Iraq suicide bombing: TV | Reuters

of course this was not the only one,the good news is they will never do it again.
First, Who are the others?

Second, Why was this person released from Guantanamo.
a) Wasn't he interrogated ?
b) Did the torture techniques take presedence over getting information from the prisoner?
c) Was it that the torture and loss of human dignity turn this particular person (and probably other prisoners) into a bomber?
d) All of the above?
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Oh my goodness, people who were incarcerated didn't like it! Amazing!

People in Afghanistan died in war? How could that have happened? I'll bet if they hadn't been involved with Al Qaeda they would still be oppressing women and dynamiting statues without anybody on Earth giving a shit. Taliban publicly execute woman, revocation of rights

B

Here's one voice for Guantanamo, no matter what human rights groups think of the infamous place. Yet, he pretends to feels for the poor, oppressed women of Afghanistan and a few statues. Am I the only one confused here?

People in Afghanistan died because American forces bombed their towns and villages not because of the presence of AlQaeda. Iraq had not a single Qaeda soldier (Saddam made sure of that among other things), yet America invaded Iraq. If America says Mozambique harbours AlQaeda and should be invaded, sorry liberated , it will only take a bunch of liars at a couple of press conferences to 'prove' Osama bin Laden had been hiding there for some time. Thanks to American foreign policies, AlQaeda now exists everywhere and is getting closer to you than you might think. America can perish fighting all the wrong wars against the whole world or make a thoughtful change of policy to save itself from the inevitable fate of a brainless super power.
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 06:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
First, Who are the others?

Second, Why was this person released from Guantanamo.
a) Wasn't he interrogated ?
b) Did the torture techniques take presedence over getting information from the prisoner?
c) Was it that the torture and loss of human dignity turn this particular person (and probably other prisoners) into a bomber?
d) All of the above?
Hmmmm, I'm not familar with any American or foreingn national who has been imprisioned, tortured etc then turns around and NEEDLESSLY ties a bomb to oneself and kills anything in their path. Maybe you know of others.

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Does the word 'Kamikaze' ring a bell?
Suicide attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have a go at the second question, please.

Last edited by Tahloube; 05-05-2008 at 07:01 AM.
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 07:06 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:

memories are either conveniently lost or simply your people are seen like the animals our media and politicians want them to look like for us.
Did you hear the latest from Hillary pandering to Israel? again!
She said she will OBLITERATE Iran if Israel is attacked Oh, and she's sticking to her statement because it's perfectly acceptable over here.
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Old comic book depicts US suicide bomber as hero

Posted by Mark Frauenfelder, April 14, 2008 10:16 AM | permalink

Jay Kinney found an interesting old comic book cover, shown here. He says: "Check out this vintage comic cover (circa the Korean War, 1951) when "suicide bombers" were the good guys -- as long as they were on our side!"
Last year, Jay sent this vintage comic book gem to Boing Boing. It's a story that Dick Cheney undoubtedly read as a boy and later used as his foreign policy blueprint. Link

Old comic book depicts US suicide bomber as hero - Boing Boing

</I></B></EM>
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
memories are either conveniently lost or simply your people are seen like the animals our media and politicians want them to look like for us.

Or both.

Quote:
Did you hear the latest from Hillary pandering to Israel? again!
She said she will OBLITERATE Iran if Israel is attacked Oh, and she's sticking to her statement because it's perfectly acceptable over here

And nobody was surprised, let alone alarmed. An American presidency hopeful only flirting with Israel by promising to destroy a sovereign state. And she's a Democrat!
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 07:56 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

I am quite familiar with those situations however my question was in regards to someone who has been imprisoned then commits an atrocity such as using oneself as a bomb because of the imprisonment. You made that inference to which I asked the question.

Too, what is different about the Japanese, is that they targeted MILITARY sites, not just random everyday people. There is a distinction between the two.

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 08:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Here's one voice for Guantanamo, no matter what human rights groups think of the infamous place. Yet, he pretends to feels for the poor, oppressed women of Afghanistan and a few statues. Am I the only one confused here?

People in Afghanistan died because American forces bombed their towns and villages not because of the presence of AlQaeda. Iraq had not a single Qaeda soldier (Saddam made sure of that among other things), yet America invaded Iraq. If America says Mozambique harbours AlQaeda and should be invaded, sorry liberated , it will only take a bunch of liars at a couple of press conferences to 'prove' Osama bin Laden had been hiding there for some time. Thanks to American foreign policies, AlQaeda now exists everywhere and is getting closer to you than you might think. America can perish fighting all the wrong wars against the whole world or make a thoughtful change of policy to save itself from the inevitable fate of a brainless super power.
Apparently unbeknownst to you, ICRC and lawyers have been visiting GITMO. Also, members of Congress have visited and held hearings. none have reported torture as described by the honest, upright, and objective former inmates whose words you take without question.

If Obama Bin Laden still exists, he is a danger only to the people who hide him.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in