More Good News: No recession in sight! - Page 19 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 286 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Or you can actually read what he said, instead of the headline and see that the near $Trillion in taxpayer dollars has yet to stabilize the situation.
[indent]

So once you count the caveats in the comments, and note that the pressure is just beginning in much of the sector, add to that the warning of enhanced regulation to the entire sector, that headline blurb of "eased somewhat" takes on a relative meaning, contrary to the body of the statement.
..........
.
You are obviously the head Bad News Bear!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 286 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,813
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Why don't you go stand in the middle of the tracks and wait for that light at the end of the tunnel?
LOL
That's a keeper

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is offline  
post #183 of 286 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bush’s ‘R’ Is for ‘Right’

"President George W. Bush may turn out to be the top economic forecaster in the country.

About a month ago he told reporters, “We’re not in a recession, we’re in a slowdown.” At a White House news conference a few weeks later, despite the fact that reporters pressed him to use the “R” word, Mr. Bush refused. And on Friday, after the most recent jobs report — which produced a much-smaller-than-expected decline in corporate payrolls, a huge 362,000 increase in the more entrepreneurial household survey (the best gain in five months), and a historically low 5 percent unemployment rate (4.95 percent, to be precise) — the president told reporters: “This economy is going to come on. I’m confident it will.”

We’re in the midst of the most widely predicted and heralded recession in history. Problem is, so far it’s a non-recession recession. Score one for President Bush. In an election year, it could be a big one..."

Lawrence Kudlow & Company

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #184 of 286 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
LOL
That's a keeper

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #185 of 286 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 12:11 PM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Web address of Jaywhak's picture:

http://www.anthonysylvan.com/locatio...inehurstTX.jpg

Here's a picture of his real pool:

You mean Jay is a poser, well who would have thought.............
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #186 of 286 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 12:28 PM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Web address of Jaywhak's picture:

http://www.anthonysylvan.com/locatio...inehurstTX.jpg

Here's a picture of his real pool:



Don't worry Jay, you can upgrade to a larger one once you get your rebate check, The Check is in the Mail.............

Why you might not have gotten your tax rebate yet - USATODAY.com
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #187 of 286 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 01:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
"President George W. Bush may turn out to be the top economic forecaster in the country.

About a month ago he told reporters, “We’re not in a recession, we’re in a slowdown.” At a White House news conference a few weeks later, despite the fact that reporters pressed him to use the “R” word, Mr. Bush refused. And on Friday, after the most recent jobs report — which produced a much-smaller-than-expected decline in corporate payrolls, a huge 362,000 increase in the more entrepreneurial household survey (the best gain in five months), and a historically low 5 percent unemployment rate (4.95 percent, to be precise) — the president told reporters: “This economy is going to come on. I’m confident it will.”

We’re in the midst of the most widely predicted and heralded recession in history. Problem is, so far it’s a non-recession recession. Score one for President Bush. In an election year, it could be a big one..."
Funny, looking at the Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics calculations for 1990 - 2008 I note that 51 months of the 220 months surveyed were under 5% unemployment, Most under Clinton [July 1997-January 2001] and the highest were under Bush1 @ 7.8% and Bush2 @ 6.3%. It came down EVERY month under Clinton. At least get the simple, easy to check facts correct. It makes the entire article look like BS otherwise.

So far, Bushie has seen ONE good report in the past 36 months. That does not PROJECT "This economy is going to come on. I’m confident it will.”

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #188 of 286 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Funny, looking at the Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics calculations for 1990 - 2008 I note that 51 months of the 220 months surveyed were under 5% unemployment, Most under Clinton [July 1997-January 2001] and the highest were under Bush1 @ 7.8% and Bush2 @ 6.3%. It came down EVERY month under Clinton. At least get the simple, easy to check facts correct. It makes the entire article look like BS otherwise.

So far, Bushie has seen ONE good report in the past 36 months. That does not PROJECT "This economy is going to come on. I’m confident it will.”
Just keep twisting the facts and making it up... But then you are the expert on BearShit, aren't you?

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #189 of 286 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 01:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,813
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Fil...ment_blank.pdf

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is offline  
post #190 of 286 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 02:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBear
Funny, looking at the Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics calculations for 1990 - 2008 I note that 51 months of the 220 months surveyed were under 5% unemployment, Most under Clinton [July 1997-January 2001] and the highest were under Bush1 @ 7.8% and Bush2 @ 6.3%. It came down EVERY month under Clinton. At least get the simple, easy to check facts correct. It makes the entire article look like BS otherwise.

So far, Bushie has seen ONE good report in the past 36 months. That does not PROJECT "This economy is going to come on. I’m confident it will.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Just keep twisting the facts and making it up... But then you are the expert on BearShit, aren't you?
Yep, that's me. Sneaking on the DoL BLS website changing all their numbers just to make Bushie and the Mighty28 look bad when they drift from Fact-based Reality.

You should see what the REAL Public Debt numbers were before I got on the Treasury site and started adding up extra zeros and stuff.


Well not exactly extra ZEROS. There was only ONE ZERO in the factor.

But I got its picture.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    No recession in sight... Jayhawk Off-Topic 116 05-21-2010 01:43 PM
    Good News...Bad News...Good News mcbear Off-Topic 42 03-24-2008 07:53 PM
    On Borrowed Time...Good News and Bad News Charlies84380SE W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 8 11-20-2007 07:05 PM
    More good news: Fox News continues ratings slide, mirroring Bush FeelTheLove Off-Topic 23 12-12-2006 10:26 AM
    Good news, CD changer installed and working. Bad news, C-pillar rub... Brian R170 SLK-Class 11 10-05-2001 12:42 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome