post #51 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 06:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
No, I believe that white people are just as susceptible to lying and bullshitting as black people. And, in this case, when someone doesn't cite a policy they disagree with as their reason for not supporting Obama, and base it on lapel pins, it screams chicken shit! Or bullshit, or "a black guy in the White House? Who are you shitting?" And that is what I hear. Sorry if you find the call disagrees with your comfort with the lapel pin reasoning.
See here is a big difference in our view of things. In this case I would that all politicians are likely to lie and bullshit the people and would not drag color into the discussion. What does it matter if they are white, black, brown, yellow, red, or something else? Either you agree with their agenda or at least feel they are the politician to do the least amount of damage to you and the country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
How can I put this delicately.....

Rev. Wright is a horses ass who should either STFU or just admit that he is working for one of Obama's opponents...
I beg to disagree. I think he is a preacher. There are lots of them that perhaps earn the "horse's ass" description, but he has done nor more and in many cases way less to earn it than many others, including McCain's spiritual guide. And, I agree that he is doing Obama no favors. But is that his concern and should it be his personal priority? Given his background and the cheap shots his church is taken, I don't think he sees things from a clearly "Obama as priority one" perspective. This is America. He gets to make his own decisions. I don't go to his church so I don't feel I need to agree with him or him with me.

Jim
post #53 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
We can only hope for change

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #54 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
I beg to disagree. I think he is a preacher. There are lots of them that perhaps earn the "horse's ass" description, but he has done nor more and in many cases way less to earn it than many others, including McCain's spiritual guide. And, I agree that he is doing Obama no favors. But is that his concern and should it be his personal priority? Given his background and the cheap shots his church is taken, I don't think he sees things from a clearly "Obama as priority one" perspective. This is America. He gets to make his own decisions. I don't go to his church so I don't feel I need to agree with him or him with me.

Jim
The man is overtly displaying ego. You know, Edging God Out. A true man of god with no personal agenda would have humility win the day. His church will survive the cheap shots, perhaps even profit from them, Obama may not survive Wright's antics in response. In the final analysis, Wright is riding Obama's coattails toward his own personal glory.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #55 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 06:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Quote:
I don't go to his church so I don't feel I need to agree with him or him with me.

Jim
You should go to his church. Why not? You obviously like him and agree with his rhetoric. Tell us how it went.
post #56 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 06:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Quote:
Wright is riding Obama's coattails toward his own personal glory.
Hey, watch what you say about our next VP. Obama/Wright, kinda has a ring to it!.
post #57 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 06:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
The man is overtly displaying ego. You know, Edging God Out. A true man of god with no personal agenda would have humility win the day. His church will survive the cheap shots, perhaps even profit from them, Obama may not survive Wright's antics in response. In the final analysis, Wright is riding Obama's coattails toward his own personal glory.
Makes sense.

Barak Hussein Obama simply cannot win in this controversy. The absolute best he can hope for is that the voters will tire of it before the Limbaughs do.

If Barak Hussein Obama repudiates Mr Wright then Barak Hussein Obama will appear to be a fair-weather friend willing to jettison a bruthuh to appease whitey.

If Barak Hussein Obama embraces Mr. Write then Barak Hussein Obama alienates whitey.

If Barak Hussein Obama says he just goes to church for the social angle then he alienates the Christians (right & left) who would say that he uses Christianity for his own gain -- a no-no (though damn-near everybody does it).

If Barak Hussein Obama embraces Mr Right's church and all of it's political philosophy then he alienates whitey.

If Barak Hussein Obama repudiates his church then he's a fair-weather Christian.

Basically, he's screwed until some other tempest in a teapot comes along.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #58 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 07:02 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Makes sense.

Barak Hussein Obama simply cannot win in this controversy. The absolute best he can hope for is that the voters will tire of it before the Limbaughs do.

If Barak Hussein Obama repudiates Mr Wright then Barak Hussein Obama will appear to be a fair-weather friend willing to jettison a bruthuh to appease whitey.

If Barak Hussein Obama embraces Mr. Write then Barak Hussein Obama alienates whitey.

If Barak Hussein Obama says he just goes to church for the social angle then he alienates the Christians (right & left) who would say that he uses Christianity for his own gain -- a no-no (though damn-near everybody does it).

If Barak Hussein Obama embraces Mr Right's church and all of it's political philosophy then he alienates whitey.

If Barak Hussein Obama repudiates his church then he's a fair-weather Christian.

Basically, he's screwed until some other tempest in a teapot comes along.

B
Bot I love the way you spell out his full name, it's like you have a fixation about the Hussein bit. I noticed this in the "other" thread too.
How eventually should we refer to him as? President Hussein? How do you feel about that?
post #59 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 07:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
What will it take for you to admit that you're scared that a black man is going to be president?
Is he just a black man to you? You seem obsessed that he is black, why is that?

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #60 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 07:08 PM
~BANNED~

Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
What about Catfish?

sorry, since CLK isn't here...
I'm here bitch, and did someone say catfish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in