Reverend Wright's NAACP Speech - Page 24 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #231 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 07:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
B.O. attends this guy’s church, with his family, for almost 20 years.
He writes a book inspired by this Reverend and uses some of
his sermon passages in the book.
In the last 2 years donates over 40K to this mans church.

Tell me again how they don’t have any ties to one another?

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 08:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Really! Nukka gave money to a church!
post #233 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Interesting thread that I've avoided, since the last time I suggested the good reverend might impact the race, I was labelled a racist. I can't help but say, though, that, just like the religious flakes associated with the GOP in this very forum that have been villified by some, that you've got your own flake to deal with. That shoe doesn't fit well on that other foot, does it?

post #234 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 08:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barberhauler View Post
Really! Nukka gave money to a church!
Who or what is Nukka?

Never mind:
nukka sound nigga nigger homie negro anal cracka fool friend g hoe honky knuckle mace nicca nig niggaroach nikka nuca nucca white boy whitey ...

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.

Last edited by Multipurpose; 04-30-2008 at 08:35 PM.
post #235 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140 View Post
What????. Racist?. How is it racist to compare Obama, a black man to Wright, also a black man?. If Obama shares views with Wright do you think he would come out and say it?. Would that be a smart move?. No, he would keep to himself. I just dont understand why you defend this man no matter what. You even sided with Wright at the beginning of this thread. Why did you do that?. I'll tell you why, because you know there an absolute connection between Wright and Obama and you were covering both their asses cause you wont admit that there is a big possibility your candidate is in fact a racist. I wonder what would happen if, for instance, it came out that Clinton was close friends with the head of the KKK.
I said I agreed there is a racism problem, apparently a bigger one than I was ready to acknowledge, as Wright has been saying. The rest of his stuff about AIDS and Farakhan is his own. He provides nothing more than a blurb on both subjects but speaks at length about his view of race relations in America. I think his view is pertinent on the subject of race relations in the US.

I don't think Obama is any more guilty of thinking like him than all the Catholics in the US who have been giving money and supporting their churches believe it is ok to fuck little boys in the ass. But, once it became apparent that is what the Bishops were thinking, and Catholics continued to go to church and contribute money to the church, one might be able to construct a stronger argument they were supporting actual child molestation than you can construct that Obama is really Wright. Wright has yet to actually be guilty of something other than running his mouth off and embarrassing Obama. If not for Obama no one would give a shit about him.

And, what about those born again guys who keep getting caught with their dicks in wrong places, like other men's asses or mouths or with other men's dicks in their asses or mouths? Why do those people continue to go to those churches. They should renounce and repudiate those pastors on a daily basis. It should be part of their greeting to the rest of normal folk. Hell, maybe they shouldn't even be allowed to vote due to terminal hypocrisy. They just haven't repudiated it enough. They had to know those guys were dirt shooting and doing drugs. They hung around together all the time. For years. And those guys actually did something bad, like those Catholic creeps, instead of just talking about it. Yeah, that makes sense. Jim
post #236 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 05:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Catholics have been leaving the American church in tremendous numbers over the past decade. The Pope's recent visit to the USA and his public attempt at atonement for the pedophile priest scandal was a response to that hemorrhaging of the disillusioned.

Now how does that affect the Obama/Wright analogy?

B.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thats what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #237 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 05:43 AM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Are you suggesting that John McCain is a pedophile?
post #238 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 06:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
You are being purposely obtuse.

Swiftboating today is relevant to today. Swiftboating of yore is not good, but the nature of swiftboating is that the damage done is in the past and is no longer relevant today.

Swiftboating is bullshit, that is presented as other than bullshit and believed by many not to be bullshit because it is presented in a manner that takes advantage of some recognized data processing weakness in the target audience by the swiftboater, but is now well recognized as bullshit even by many of the former believers (even though many would rather not admit it). But the bullshit prevailed when it counted and the damage was done.

Moaning about Kerry's experience is like crying over spilled milk.

And yes, go back an read the boards here and possibly at MB Shop OT. I was impressed with the technique then, and I not shy then either. Jim

I am not whining about Lurch personally I could give a rats ass about that guy.

I am simply pointing out your apparent double standard - that swift boating is racist and much worse when used against the "black dude".

Last edited by 430; 05-01-2008 at 07:10 AM.
post #239 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 07:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
Yes it does. Unless credibility is of no concern.

Isn't your declaration of me being racist because I am asking you to focus not on Obama's blackness, but his policies and vision, not racist, belittling hate speech? Maybe you can get off by having called me racisist and not really racist. Maybe racisist is something that isn't quite belittling racist hate speech. I don't know. Why don't you tell me?

Jim
I have very clearly pointed out the policies of Obama that I disagree with and that these are the main drivers for my not voting for him.

No matter how often I state this you go back to the fact that I also point out that there are ancillary matters of his behavior, his actions/inactions, statements, the company he keeps etc. All things that add up and matter no matter the candidate, their sex, religion, their color, etc.

How about all the questions that were raised about the religion of that mormon guy who was running. How are those any different than some of the questions being raised about Obama? They were not focused on his policies but his religion.
post #240 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 07:06 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Catholics have been leaving the American church in tremendous numbers over the past decade. The Pope's recent visit to the USA and his public attempt at atonement for the pedophile priest scandal was a response to that hemorrhaging of the disillusioned.

Now how does that affect the Obama/Wright analogy?

B.

Play it safe Bot, go with Hillary, just don't expect a cup of coffee............

YouTube - Hillary vs. the coffee maker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in