post #141 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 12:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs300CD View Post
I think you're right about his demographic, but Clinton is a cunt. She's part of the problem.
Obama simply can't say anything negative about Wright or else he will be seen as an inconsistent Uncle Tom who throws his own under the bus to get ahead.
After "the speach" it would be awkward denouncing Wright now but he had many chances before "the speach" to take care of it. Wright is talking like him and Obama are close BUT for political reasons there is some distancing. As far as Clinton being a "cunt", well, things are what they are. If I feel that a "cunt" is the best choice of the candidates available then its a "cunt" I will vote for. Clinton comes of as some have already mentioned as a cunt, as arrogant and as a bitch. This perception of her, right or wrong may just be what this country needs to get things done. Say what you will but she comes off as tough and intelligent. Obama seems to falter when things get rough. Obama, in his debates, when asked about how he would do considering his lack of experience answered that he would surround himself with smart people. Hillary with her experience and hubby right by her side IMO would be the one that is more prepared to make the decisions that someone in that position has to make and not rely on Cheney's or Rove's or whatever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 12:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
What aload of crap. If she was so well organized and planned everything so well, then why is she behind Obama when she started out with everyone ever her thinking this was finished on Super Tuesday, why has Obama been able to kick her ass in the last 3 months, why has he been able to mobilize so many new voter s and why has he kicked her ass every month by millions and millions in fund rasing ? Most think it is her arrogance.......
At the start he appeared to be a fresh unknown, but as time passes on, the curtain is slowly being pulled back on the man. Just who are his friends and associates?
People are looking deeper and deeper, beyond his speech capabilities and some think it's a shadowy figure lurking in there.

Why has he not been able to close the deal, if you look at it, he really has not done much of anything since the first few primaries.

With Clinton & McCain we should know what to expect.
But then having said that W surprised me a couple of times too!

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #143 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Yeah, business as usual. Some of us believe our government is broken, and requires a fresh perspective. Is Obama that cure? I highly doubt it, but at least he isn't business as usual, and that is part of the appeal.

Go Ron Paul.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #144 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 12:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Exactly. I see Hillary as being the same type of pollitical insider who will be as bad for this country as W, just from the other side of the aisle.
post #145 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 01:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
How do you see Obama as any different? If he had more of a political career he would be called an insider. For the most part he is pushing forward the same tired ideas that Hillary is pushing.

If you take the stance that Ron Paul is an agent of change and has a different perspective I can understand that stance. I just don't see it with Obama.
post #146 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

So you reject my assertion in regard to Obama supporters. Are you suggesting that they feel that he is every bit the insider that Hillary and McCain are? If so, what is it that sets him apart?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #147 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 01:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Obama will win the nomination. The Rev Wright thing only has traction with those who aren't going to vote for him any way.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #148 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 01:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
So you reject my assertion in regard to Obama supporters. Are you suggesting that they feel that he is every bit the insider that Hillary and McCain are? If so, what is it that sets him apart?
Clearly his supporters do not see him this way. They do view him as a agent of change.

I am at a loss as to what justifies this stance.
post #149 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Simply because he has not been in Washington long enough to be swallowed by its fraternity. That's mighty shaky ground, I'll grant you, especially in comparison to a Ron Paul, who has been in Washington for a long, long time, yet remains steadfast and apparently immune to its vast conglomeration of corruptions.

The small appeal Obama holds for me is really quite simple. Of the three remaining candidates, he stands furthest from the current administration and the mass murder that is the Iraq invasion. Simple. McCain and Hillary are both strong proponents of both the invasion and the Bush administration's duping of America in regard to maintaining a permanent presence there. Obama wants out, although I find his plan for leaving entirely unsatisfactory.

post #150 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 02:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Which is why he will win. Republicans have on their side Obama's lack of a lapel pin and a crazy old preacher who even Obama has thrown under the bus at this point, which despite the orgiastic excitement they give to Multipurpose and the other right wing NJ's, they will hold little sway with an electorate tired of war, economic mismanagement and lack of decent healthcare, all areas where McCain is just a Bush retread. The Democrats have not registered 1,000,000 new voters and raised three times the money as the GOP because they are weak on the issues.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in