BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
"...
There are 26 Americans who have been victims of Hamas. Today Congressman Mark Kirk of Illinois put out a statement reminding us of their names. There was David and Neva Applebaum(ph) who were killed before their marriage. There was Telia Nathanson(ph), who was three-year-old. There was Shamil Tomenfeld(ph), who was three-months-old. This is a violent, dangerous, terroristic organization. And Meshal himself in December of 2006 called on Muslims around the world to kill Americans. Was President Carter not aware of this? This is a man who, after 9/11, encouraged Hamas celebrations of the attack on our soil..."
If I was an American Israeli (or holder of dual citizenship or whatever it's called), I'd definitely live in the US where I was born where I don't have to steal someone else's land and home and live in fear they'll come back to take what's theirs and will definitely choose my children's safety. Unless, of course, Hitler had concentration camps and gas chambers for Jews in America.

No mention of Rachel Corrie. She was just an American peace activist murdered in cold blood by being crushed under a bulldozer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 182 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 07:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
If I was an American Israeli (or holder of dual citizenship or whatever it's called), I'd definitely live in the US where I was born where I don't have to steal someone else's land and home and live in fear they'll come back to take what's theirs and will definitely choose my children's safety. Unless, of course, Hitler had concentration camps and gas chambers for Jews in America.

No mention of Rachel Corrie. She was just an American peace activist murdered in cold blood by being crushed under a bulldozer.
A bulldozer moves at about 5 mph, max. Did it sneak-up on her?

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thats what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #163 of 182 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 09:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Rachel Corrie (10 April 1979 -- 16 March 2003) was an American member of the International Solidarity Movement (ISM) who traveled to the Gaza Strip during the Second Intifada. She was killed while trying to obstruct a Caterpillar D9 armoured bulldozer operated by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).

The events surrounding Corrie's death are disputed to this day. ISM eyewitnesses assert that the Israeli soldier driving the bulldozer deliberately ran Corrie over twice while she was acting as a human shield to prevent what she believed would be the demolition of the home of Samir Nasrallah, a local pharmacist.[1][2] The Israeli Government and the IDF denied that version of events and described Corrie's death as an accident. The official Israeli response stated that Corrie was killed by falling debris pushed over by the bulldozer whose driver did not see her, and that the bulldozer was clearing brush and not engaged in a demolition when Corrie blocked its path.
YouTube - 16-MAR-03 - (1of 3) - Zionist Killed Rachel Corrie (USA)
post #164 of 182 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 09:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
A bulldozer moves at about 5 mph, max. Did it sneak-up on her?
Most peace activists are vegans; not enough protein or essential vitamins in her system to allow her to see, react and move out of harm's way in a timely manner.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

post #165 of 182 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomilla2.0 View Post
Most peace activists are vegans; not enough protein or essential vitamins in her system to allow her to see, react and move out of harm's way in a timely manner.
What is it they say about peace activists? "The only good ones are ..." Can't quite remember the rest.

Don't believe everything you think
post #166 of 182 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Ohhhhh, she deliberately got in the path of a 20 ton, slow-moving behemoth designed to wreck the Earth.

That's what we call, "Natural selection in action."

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thats what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #167 of 182 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
post #168 of 182 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 11:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Aren't you ashamed that Israel gives orders to an American citizen who once was president? And then punishes him for not obeying (by not meeting him nor giving him permission to visit Gaza)?! Carter brokered Israel's first peace agreement with a neighbouring country... Oh, just realised that this is probably why they're mad at him. Who said Israel ever wanted peace with Egypt or anybody else?!

YouTube - ماذا Ù*تعلم الÙ*هود وماذا Ù*تعلم العرب

"State of Israel from the Nile to the Euphrates" as symbolised by the flag.
post #169 of 182 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 02:15 AM
CH4S Artist

Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
When Carter withdrew support from the Shah of Iran, he set in motion the first in a chain of dominoes.
He made possible the birth of the radical fundamentalist Islamic Kleptocracy of Iran, and it's still spreading influence.
IMO, without it the Iraq - Iran War, Iraq's invasion of Kuwait, the present War in Iraq, or even the existence of Hezbollah would not have happened.
Of course, in the early 1950's there was also the Secular Nationalist Mossadegh, who was the best chance to turn Iran into a functioning Democracy.
Well, the CIA took care of that one, and bought the Shah back from exile in Italy.
I guess in all of these, including the present debacle, the respective administrations forgot to consider 'Murphy's Law.'
post #170 of 182 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 12:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
What is it they say about peace activists? "The only good ones are ..." Can't quite remember the rest.
What a thoroughly anti-American sentiment from an old fool.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in