post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 1989 W124 260E, 1996 W202 C180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
All booked up for Cali

After my brief 10 day visit to LA last October I have just paid for a return visit in June.

1 night in LA
2 nights in San Diego
2 nights in Vegas
4 nights in SF
2 nights in Santa Monica to chill on the beach and recover from all the driving.

I can't wait for it.

Oh, and is a Chevrolet Impala a crock of shit? That is the rental car we have been given for the trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 06:39 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
The car will be fine as long as you don't own it
Welcome back and enjoy your stay in the States Tazio
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 06:42 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
No mang, it aint' no crock of chit. Maybe you chould cancel one night in San Fran and spend it in Compton ese. Joo would be a hero, yo.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Exclamation Here's the tour I would give you of San Francisco.

I could do it in a car, efficiently.

PM me if you want more info.

+++++++++++++++++++
San Francisco, seeing it from a native's viewpoint.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a 2nd gen. San Francisco native, and actually lived there till pretty recently, (over 25 years) so I know and love the place, and some of the secrets, and have given a whirlwind tour, in my car, to visiting friends, so are you ready? Here we go.....

First to the Coit tower and the WPA murals, then into little Italy (North Beach) for expresso & pastries and some amateur opera singing at Tosca's on Upper Grant Ave, a stop inside Alan Ginsberg's City Lights bookstore, then through old Chinatown, and through the Stockton St. tunnel to the Theatre District and Union Square. Up California St. to the top of Nob Hill, and a visit to the Fairmont Hotel and the Top o' the Mark. (Don't try this climb in a 240 Diesel, folks!!) A visit to Huntington Park and a look inside of Grace Cathedral. Over to Russian Hill for a 360 deg. photo op on the Vista Point, then flash down the "Crookedest Street in the World" and back up Russian Hill to plummet down the steepest Hill in the City.

Down Hyde Street to the Buena Vista Cafe, for a drink at the "Home of the Irish Coffee"
(invented 1953) and a trip through the Maritime Museum at Aquatic Park.
Then, a quick lap through Fort Mason, over to Doyle Drive and across the Golden Gate Bridge for more photos, then back into SF, through the Presidio and out to the Cliff House at Ocean Beach, to check out the abandoned Sutro Baths and the Camera Oscura, and the Musee Mechanique!

Then, over to the Haight Ashbury and through Golden Gate Park to see the buffalo, the aquarium, the Hall of Flowers, and the Japanese Tea Garden.

Then, up to the top of Twin Peaks for the best view there is in every direction, and then after that, through the premiere neighborhoods like Pacific Heights, Presidio Heights, St. Francis Woods, and the Russian Hill nieghborhoods and the secret Presidio Terrace, home of Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Israel)
the family/liberal/ labrador/Volvo/baby stroller neighborhood of Noe Valley, the Union Street Yuppieville and over to the Great Irish Way (Geary blvd) for a drink at Pat's Mad Hatter ("We cheat tourists & drunks") and then a visit to Japantown by Fillmore and Post, and through the gay ghetto at 18th & Castro...

And then, maybe it's time for dinner. Oh boy, pick your restaurant: Cambodian, French, Vietnamese, Peruvian, Polish, Swiss, Nicaraguan, Thai,
Salvadorean, Basque, German, Moroccan, Hawaiian, Burmese, Indian, Ethiopian, Hunan, Afghani, North Italian,House of Prime Rib, Max's Jewish, just about anything you'd please.

This driver WILL NOT go to Fisherman's Wharf the Disney Store, or ride on the Cable Cars. Not EVER!!! "First Dead" as they sometimes say in Peru

That $hit is for the typical tourists, I wouldn't EVER do it. You want that, you are on your own.

Ahh, I miss it. Come for a visit!!!

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in