LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 07:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Jeez jay, who ya gonna believe, a buncha liberal newspapers or a buncha liberal perfessirs?
Mr B.
You gonna lost on this one with Jay. He is, nonetheless the assistant to the part-time substitute 2nd grade teacher of inner Kansas City public school.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
He was a decent and honest man, and your pathetic attempts to smear him reflect badly on you--NOT HIM!
Your defending of such a moron tells lots about yourself. Thanks for opening your kimono.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #113 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Time for a Glenn Beck moment:

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #114 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
and then he died before he went to prison.
Yes, the other prisoners missed out on a good Lay.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #115 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
...a tax on domestic energy production and development means one thing: an increased reliance on foreign oil and gasoline.
In case anyone else is interested in reducing our dependency on foreign oil, here's some interesting information.
TIPS ON PUMPING GAS

I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... but here in California we are also paying higher, up to $3.50 per gallon. But my line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every gallon..

Here at the Kinder Morgan Pipeline where I work in San Jose, CA we deliver about 4 million gallons in a 24-hour period thru the pipeline One day is diesel the next day is jet fuel, and gasoline, regular and premium grades. We have 34-storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000 gallons.

Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have t heir storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role.

A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3)stages: low, middle, and high. In slow mode you should be pumping on low speed, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some other liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL or HALF EMPTY. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so that every gall on is actually the exact amount.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up--most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom. Hope this will help you get the most value for your money.

DO SHARE THESE TIPS WITH OTHERS!

WHERE TO BUY USA GAS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON

Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even be good for us! The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil.

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell....................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco........ 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon/Mobil............. 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway.. 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco.......................62,231,000 barrels

Citgo gas is from South America , from a Dictator who hates Americans. If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! (oil is now $90 - $100 a barrel)
I had another e-mail sent to me indicating Citgo is changing names, since sales are down in the wake of Chavez rhetoric.
Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco................0 barrels
Conoco................0 barrels
Sinclair................0 barrels
BP/Phillips............0 barrels
Hess...................0 barrels
ARCO..................0 barrels

If you go to Sunoco.com, you will get a list of the station locations near you.

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.
post #116 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Here was the Citgo-related e-mail.
CITGO IS CHANGING
Verified with Urban Legends Reference Pages

IN ORLANDO LAST WEEK, AT A CITGO STATION REGULAR WAS PRICED AT $2.82 PER GALLON. THERE WERE NO CUSTOMERS. HOWEVER, ACROSS THE STREET WHERE I FUELED IT WAS SELLING FOR $2.85 PER GALLON AND ALL PUMPS THERE HAD CARS WAITING TO FUEL.

Have you noticed how the Citgo signs have disappeared in the past 7-8 months? Very clever move by Chavez. But guess what CITGO IS CHANGING ITS NAME TO? This is serious Americans...make sure you read.

NEWS FLASH:

Chavez is NOW getting a Russian Weapons Factory built by Putin. The RUSSIANS are building an AK-47 Kalashnikov Assault Rifle factory in Venezuela to give armament support to Communist Rebel groups throughout the Americas

Chavez NOW has IRANIANS operating his oil refineries in Venezuela for him. It is likely only a matter of time, if not already, before Chavez has Iranian built LONG RANGE missiles, with a variety of warhead types aimed at.... Guess Who?

CITGO is NOW in the process of Changing its name to PETRO EXPRESS due to the loss of gasoline sales in the USA due to the recent publicity of ownership by Chavez of Venezuela.

Every dollar you spend with CITGO or PETRO EXPRESS gasoline will be used against you, your basic human rights, and your freedoms. He will start wars here in the Americas that will probably be the death of millions.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT because Chavez is starting to feel the loss of revenue from his holdings. HE OWNS CITGO. This is a very important move which everyone should be aware of.

ANNOUNCED JUST RECENTLY, CITGO, BEING AWARE THAT SALES ARE DOWN DUE TO U.S. CUSTOMERS NOT WANTING TO BUY FROM 'CITGO-CHAVEZ,' HAS STARTED TO CHANGE THE NAME OF SOME OF THEIR STORES TO: 'PETRO EXPRESS.'

DO NOT BUY FROM 'PETRO EXPRESS'!
'PETRO EXPRESS' IS ALSO 100% OWNED BY 'CHAVEZ.'
post #117 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 10:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Citgo Diesel around these parts is about $0.15 per gallon lower than anything else, until you get to Massachusetts. And, in Massachusetts Citgo is more than $.10 gallon cheaper than any other brands. Boycotting the cheapest fuel is un-American. It would be like not going to Walmart because of some beef about cheap Chinese stuff that might be painted with lead based paints are sold there. We real Americans are unaffected by anything but the lowest cost. A bargain. It is an American invention, a way of life! You can't let a little thing like human rights in third world sweat shops employing kids for 80 hour work weeks and then not paying them, or whatever they are rumored to be doing get in the way of a good old American bargain. Like Citgo gas and Diesel.

Jim
post #118 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

I would like someone here to tell me how Chavez is worse than the brutal fascists who run Saudi Arabia.

post #119 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 01:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
I would like someone here to tell me how Chavez is worse than the brutal fascists who run Saudi Arabia.

That isn't the issue. They hate the guy because he calls their messiah the devil.

I was in Venezuela a few years ago. The people there love America and Americans. The drive big cars, had every American product you can imagine, shopping malls, beer, including local stuff that was pretty drinkable, and they have women with beautiful smiles and stunning behinds. They almost universally dislike George W. Bush though. I got along with them very well, kind of fit right in.

We provoked Chavez when he got into office by snubbing him. He wanted a visit to the White House and Bushco mooned him and called him names. So, what does he have to lose by calling Bush names and being a pain in the ass? We could cooperate with him and make his policies more effective inside Venezuela. We could have a diplomatic core with some skills, but we don't. Instead, we call him names. While he sits on a really big oil deposit we need. Great. Jim
post #120 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 02:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I'm always amused when the Right Wing Nut Jobs call him a "dictator". Chavez was popularly elected time after time, in fact he has more legitmacy as president of VZ then Bush does after stealing the election of 2000.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in