How the hell did I get on THIS mailing list? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
How the hell did I get on THIS mailing list?

Volunteers,

My thanks to California for this hilarious and creative reminder of how tempting it is to just stay at home, rather than face the hardships of again mustering at our overrun borders!
We know you all have made great sacrifices in your duty to country and we appreciate your continued support of our most important practical activity -- our border musters. Let's all honor California's energy and good spirits with this message of how important our mission remains in educating the public, supporting our Border Patrol agents and holding the line at our borders by turning out to a state muster near by, or near to our hearts!
Please make the time and sacrifice to participate during this April's muster. I will spend at least five days on the border in Arizona, and will also spend two days on the California border near the end of the month. I cannot encourage you strongly enough to try to devote similar time.

If you cannot participate in person, please consider making a special
financial donation to support our border muster expenses
http://www.minutemanhq.com/donate/?a=281
As always, I honor your efforts as we stand united; we will remain on the border until the government relieves us from duty.

For America,

Chris Simcox
President, Minuteman Civil Defense Corps

Top 10 Excuses Why a Minuteman Cannot Attend A Border Watch in April.
EXCUSE # 10:
MY DOG, CAT, IGUANA ATE MY MINUTEMAN ID.
Yeah. Mine too. But I went down to the border and they had a magic machine that made a new one for me. It’s AMAZING! You’ve got to see it for yourself!

EXCUSE # 9:
IT’S TOO HOT/COLD/RAINY/DRY UP THERE IN WINTER/SUMMER.
Uh huh. Well I heard a guy named Juan say that Minutemen were WOOSIES. He likes it when there’s nasty weather. It’s easier to cross the border and bring his load of drugs to YOUR neighborhood. Yeah. And he said your mother wears army boots too!

EXCUSE #8:
MY SPOUSE WON’T LET ME BECAUSE IT’S TOO DANGEROUS!
A good one. 25 Americans are killed every day by drunk illegal alien drivers. Stay home. Don’t go anywhere. You just never know. We have logged 135,000 man hours without a single injury or incident. I’ll take those odds any day over driving on CA roads.

EXCUSE #7:

GAS PRICES ARE TOO HIGH
Well if there weren’t so many illegal aliens in this country buying gas with your hard earned tax dollars then the demand for the stuff would decrease and the price would go down! Want cheaper gas prices? Start by impacting the demand! Remember the “Day Without an Illegal?” No traffic, no smog. Now imagine that EVERY day. Can anyone spell $1.99 a gallon?

EXCUSE #6:

I LIVE TOO FAR FROM THE BORDER
Good news! Not to worry! The border is on its way to you. In a few months or years you’ll have a front row seat!

EXCUSE #5:
ITS NOT MY JOB
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”-Edmund Burke

EXCUSE #4:
I CAN’T AFFORD IT
Yup. Another classic. Someone else will do it. Don’t worry. My first MM muster I watched a guy eat cold stew from a can because he didn’t have enough money to buy a can of Sterno AND food. He still shows up. Securing the border is just that important. So what’s your excuse again?

EXCUSE #3

I’M NOT MUCH INTO CAMPING
If your idea of roughing it is a hotel without room service then do we have a deal for you! Some members actually go to hotels! With room service! Scratch off one excuse!

EXCUSE #2
I’M TOO OLD!
Yup. Right again. Stay home. Our oldest active member is 84 and our youngest is 18. They’ll save the country for your grandkids. No problem.

EXCUSE #1 (drum roll please)
IT’S NO USE. WE’LL NEVER SECURE THE BORDER ANYWAY…
Tell that to the thousands of felons, drug smugglers, rapists, gang bangers, thieves and human traffickers that have been caught thanks to our efforts not to mention the millions of dollars in drugs seized. You’re an American. No excuses. We have a rich history of stepping up and doing the job the government refuses to do. What would of happened if that little band of men had used these excuses in 1776?
</SPAN>

Make a Donation

Send your Financial Support
Cries From the Border DVD
Share this DVD with your friends and family!

MinutemanHQ Radio
Listen to the live show or hear the archives.

Muster Contact Information:

Arizona
April 4th through April 19th
For more information contact Lance Altherr
At Tucsonmm@msn.com or 520-481-3672

California
March 31st through April 30th
For more information contact Camp Vigilance Headquarters
reservations@campvigilance.com or 619-766-9094

Texas
March 31st through April 27th
For more information contact Clark Kirby at
clark@minutemanhq.com or 817-385-1321

Washington
April 18th through April 30th
For more information Hal Washburn 253-857-9151 or
Lucy Garza 520-366-8153

</STRONG>
Would you like to send this email to a friend?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Your wife reported you as a minuteman. She may have misunderstood the question.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in