Al-Qaeda grooming militants who 'look western': CIA chief - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 08:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
My Latin coming out. superfluae, a collection of superfluous things.
I love that stuff! Back when I used to do a lot of botany (rather than paper-pushing) I got the hang of reading botanical descriptions in Latin. It's certainly not anything like "normal" Latin since the vocabulary and concepts are so limited. But I did find it intriguing.

In school from jr high onward I took French & Spanish rather than Latin (which was offered), my mistake. When I retire I'm going to study Latin and retake calculus ... again. Last time I took a course in calculus (1994) I was 20 years out of undergrad. I was amazed at how much I had forgotten and also at how much I enjoyed learning it all over again. I'm ready to make another go at it for the pure hell of it all.

A couple of years ago I took a 2 semester intro course in Arabic taught by a Moroccan scholar and author (whose name escapes me). He taught by asking us to translate his poetry into English, all verbal at first. It was a great technique though terribly frustrating until we started learning the alphabet and finally, reading. he loved the sound of the language and wanted to develop an appreciation for it in us. It worked on me. I loved the sound and feel of his poetry, though I understood almost none of it. Like listening to Der Ring des Nibelungen -- damned if I know what they're singing about!

He got a better job elsewhere and moved on. My loss.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 09:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
And to answer this question, if we have determined that 3 ounces of fluid is safe, yet 4-50 is not safe then all we have done is change the form factor. If it is an explosive, and party 1 brings 3 x 3 ounces, party 2 does the same, party 3 the same, they now have 27 ounces of whatever product they wanted to bring aboard, fully checked by the TSA. All is safe except for the 27 ounces of whatever that is now jelled together so easily.

So NOTHING was accomplished other than adding an inconvenient Step 1.

I watched an Indian mother who had to do this exact thing to deal with Mother's milk for a trip back to Chennai. 24 3 ounce bottles for the flight.
So the solution is simple, ban all liquids, but then guess what?
Somebody would be here complaining of that treatment.

I'm for all baggage to be checked. I fly lots of segments through out the year
and I feel it would greatly reduce the hassles of flight.
Ban the damn cell phones too.
post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
So the solution is simple, ban all liquids, but then guess what?
Somebody would be here complaining of that treatment.

I'm for all baggage to be checked. I fly lots of segments through out the year
and I feel it would greatly reduce the hassles of flight.
Ban the damn cell phones too.
Kind of hard to get that mother's milk out of checked luggage.

And either you are NOT married or don't care if your wife has her favorite makeup with her [or just buy new at every stop]

And many companies don't let you "check" your corporate computer. Add to that the many times that checked luggage does not follow the flight and what you end up with is people just not flying.

Airlines are already folding due to changes in patterns after all the TSA rules. Add rules, more of the same. But if you have to travel for business, the last thing you need is to "check" your work, or your work cloths and have it not arrive when you need them.

If you fly lots of segments, do you check you luggage at every flight? How many times have you had your luggage rerouted?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:32 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 560 SEL Euro
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok how about "who look western" versus "who are already western"???? I see a bunch of white wahoobis over here with lot of sympathy toward extremism and I very much suspect that they are secret members already.

Fuel economy!! whats that??
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 03:21 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
I got to look up that phobia when people are afraid of Muslims or the one where they are afraid of black christians that might be Muslims................
Are you syphilis-ridden? Was it a MMR tragedy ? , Or are you really that fucking thick ? , Yeah it must be thick , you jack-off LoL.
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
^^
Von, what are you saying?
I'm taking the piss Drew, and why? because Jack-off lives for it, he hates America and is sick with glee that Obama just may be a muslim, and if you can't see the joke, do remember Osama bin Laden was CIA man !!!!!!! leaving the Europeans laughing at your inability to know your enemy, remember we have been at odds with these people for over a thousand years you have only be running with this one for a hand full of years and your not dealing with very well are you ! .
Quite simply I give no credibility to Islam on two grounds, first being - just like all the other silly religions that follow fairly tales they are a embarrassment to humanity, secondly I am a humanitarian and a human rights campaigner, and does islam keep us busy? You fucking bet
the treatment of women children Kurds animals and any one who doesn't follow their madness is incompatible with post renascence thinking.
To them it is about imperialism and domination, muslins now out number Catholics, well three threads crowing about stats or damn lies is a tell tail to how gullible they are, e.g.: the growth of Islam in the west is not due to converts but hundred of thousands of them poring out of their own counties into ours to escape the brutality of their own state against them, and I don't hear the pope telling Catholics their heads will be chopped off if they dissolve their relationship with the church ….. unlike Islam. Fear other men because of their reglion ..what a fucking joke , what I fear is people that call themself 'spirtes of the time' dragging us back a thousand years.

Oh and you call it a revolution Drew , I call it the dull democratic voting system, that will give America a new leader, an old bird or a glowing faced kid that Putin will dry rape

Last edited by Von Vorschlag; 04-01-2008 at 06:49 AM.
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 06:29 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Do you try and make up for your small size as a person, by posting on the web?
Cause you should try something else, you just don't add up doing that either.
You like midget sex?
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
You like midget sex?
TK has loads , and he's takes PayPal
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag View Post
I'm taking the piss Drew, and why? because Jack-off lives for it, he hates America and is sick with glee that Obama just may be a muslim, and if you can't see the joke, do remember Osama bin Laden was CIA man !!!!!!! leaving the Europeans laughing at your inability to know your enemy, remember we have been at odds with these people for over a thousand years you have only be running with this one for a hand full of years and your not dealing with very well are you ! .
Quite simply I give no credibility to Islam on two grounds, first being - just like all the other silly religions that follow fairly tales they are a embarrassment to humanity, secondly I am a humanitarian and a human rights campaigner, and does islam keep us busy? You fucking bet
the treatment of women children Kurds animals and any one who doesn't follow their madness is incompatible with post renascence thinking.
To them it is about imperialism and domination, muslins now out number Catholics, well three threads crowing about stats or damn lies is a tell tail to how gullible they are, e.g.: the growth of Islam in the west is not due to converts but hundred of thousands of them poring out of their own counties into ours to escape the brutality of their own state against them, and I don't hear the pope telling Catholics their heads will be chopped off if they dissolve their relationship with the church ….. unlike Islam. Fear other men because of their reglion ..what a fucking joke , what I fear is people that call themself 'spirtes of the time' dragging us back a thousand years.

Oh and you call it a revolution Drew , I call it the dull democratic voting system, that will give America a new leader, an old bird or a glowing faced kid that Putin will dry rape
So you believe you can read me hey Von?

You could not read a fucking book...................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in