A bit of history to give perspective - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 02:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
That bullshit has been published over and over by the RWNJ's. It is full of inaccuracies. How many car bombs killing hundreds of people blew up in Detroit last month? And Germany declared war on the US, not vice versa, you ignorant fuck. I could go on with a dozen more, but I'm suick of doing it over and over again.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Actually there were 40 US Casualties in January 2008 [DoD] and 767 Iraqi Security Forces and Civilians killed during the month.

If you can't get the facts straight on the first sentence the rest is worthless partisan tripe.

So, to put it in perspective, if there were 807 Killed in Detroit in untold numbers of wounded the view would be a bit different that what you posted.

Try a bit harder next time you cut and paste.
Boy, you liberal girlie-men can sure get your panties in a wad over small things when you can't argue the facts. McBare, I told you you should avoid numbers and taxes which are your weak areas.

I can't resist this one, however. You claimed 40 DoD deaths recorded for January, 08. Earlier I wrote that the January quoted had no year. Why do you assume it's 08?

So you think 39 was an error because DoD reported 40. There' two reasons you could be or are wrong.

1) If the temperature reached 40 today, at some point it was 39. The difference may have simply come from variation in the time of the observation.

2) Methodology may lead to differences. Does DoD use cash or accrual? Possibly 39 were pronounced dead during the calendar month and the 40th soldier died in February of wounds received in January.

#2 comes home to roost when buying certain types of insurance. One better know whether he is paying for "Claims made" or "Occurrence".

What a diversion. The piece was posted because I had observed that some libs only complain about the Iraq war and ignore the history of our many earlier wars. That's all.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 09:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Boy, you liberal girlie-men can sure get your panties in a wad over small things when you can't argue the facts. McBare, I told you you should avoid numbers and taxes which are your weak areas.

I can't resist this one, however. You claimed 40 DoD deaths recorded for January, 08. Earlier I wrote that the January quoted had no year. Why do you assume it's 08?

So you think 39 was an error because DoD reported 40. There' two reasons you could be or are wrong.

1) If the temperature reached 40 today, at some point it was 39. The difference may have simply come from variation in the time of the observation.

2) Methodology may lead to differences. Does DoD use cash or accrual? Possibly 39 were pronounced dead during the calendar month and the 40th soldier died in February of wounds received in January.

#2 comes home to roost when buying certain types of insurance. One better know whether he is paying for "Claims made" or "Occurrence".

What a diversion. The piece was posted because I had observed that some libs only complain about the Iraq war and ignore the history of our many earlier wars. That's all.
Do you have your name written on your helmet in case you get lost?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 09:30 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A bit of history to give perspective. My history that I can remember only dates back to yesterday.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clk man View Post
A bit of history to give perspective. My history that I can remember only dates back to yesterday.
Beware of the Naked Man.

Naked Man Lyrics
Artist: Randy Newman
Album: Good Old Boys

Old lady lost in the city
In the middle of a cold cold night
It was fourteen below and the wind start to blow
There wasn't a boy scout in sight
Pull down the shades cause he's comin'
Turn out the lights cause he's here
Runnin' hard down the street
Through the snow and the sleet
On the coldest night of the year

CHORUS
Beware beware beware of the Naked Man

Old lady head up toward Broad Street
Shufflin' uptown against the wind
She had started to cry-wiped a tear from her eye
And looked back to see where she had been

Old lady stand on the corner
With a purse in her hand
She does not know but in a minute or so
She will be robbed by a naked man

CHORUS

Old lady lean against a lamppost
Starin' down at the ground on which she stand
She look up and scream
For the lamplight's beam
There stood the famous Naked Man

He say, "They found out about my sister
And kicked me out of the Navy,
They would have strung me up if they could.
I tried to explain that we were both of us lazy
And were doing the best we could."

He faked to the left and he faked to the right
And he snatched the purse fromere hand
"Someone stop me," he cried,
As he faded from sight,
"Won't nobody help a naked man?"
"Won't nobody help a naked man?"

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in