BWOT Vitriol Comparison - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Kierkegaard.....
Wasn't he Captain of the Enterprisenhaaben?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Cruise Control
 
Zeitgeist's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 51,729
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I mostly think with the loony side of my brain
Zeitgeist is offline  
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I do not like silly tag names loaded with preconceived notions. Right, left, liberal, conservative, intellectual, sheep; all these easy tags so comforting to slip into and drift off, but not really based in a reality that benefits the comfort seeker.
Worse is determining the value of those labels by popular vote: 474 v 27

SFW?

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unprecedented.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
I always hear how OT is dominated by the "loony left". Looks a lot more like the "rabid right" to me. A GOP candidate gets into a little hot water, and he is treated respectfully, even defended by "the other side" here. A Dem candidate encounters his own little scandal, and look at the result. Pretty damned shameful, really. And yeah, "474 v 27 Posts" says a lot.
As usual GS, you view the world through your own warped prism. When you posted this thread I though for a minute you might actually have an honest view of the situation. And as usual, I am very disappointed!

The true meaning of the disparity in the two threads is the significance of the issues involved! Get it? When people--left and right--see a situation of REAL concern they respond in direct proportion to the importance of the issue and their level of concern. It says nothing about left and right, which seems to be the way you always have to view the world. I know it's hard for you to believe that you might be wrong, but once again YOU ARE!

You need to get a life that includes a little reality, not just your warped way of viewing things. It would improve your cred's here immensely.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
It's shameful really...the loony left better step up and put on their game face. Jay's "hearts n' minds" campaign is in full effect
Jay's honesty and clarity are in full effect!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
As usual GS, you view the world through your own warped prism. When you posted this thread I though for a minute you might actually have an honest view of the situation. And as usual, I am very disappointed!

The true meaning of the disparity in the two threads is the significance of the issues involved! Get it? When people--left and right--see a situation of REAL concern they respond in direct proportion to the importance of the issue and their level of concern. It says nothing about left and right, which seems to be the way you always have to view the world. I know it's hard for you to believe that you might be wrong, but once again YOU ARE!

You need to get a life that includes a little reality, not just your warped way of viewing things. It would improve your cred's here immensely.
Why are you disappointed? Much less surprised.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I do not like silly tag names loaded with preconceived notions. Right, left, liberal, conservative, intellectual, sheep; all these easy tags so comforting to slip into and drift off, but not really based in a reality that benefits the comfort seeker.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Why are you disappointed? Much less surprised.
It is called HOPE... In spite of GS' predictability, I keep hoping that he will some day get it! I'm not so cynical as to assume that he will always be wrong or present a warped view of the world. I like him and want him to be Right once in a while! If you know what I mean?

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
It is called HOPE... In spite of GS' predictability, I keep hoping that he will some day get it! I'm not so cynical as to assume that he will always be wrong or present a warped view of the world. I like him and want him to be Right once in a while! If you know what I mean?
Are you sure that's what you want?

Or would it be more accurate to say that what you want is for him to agree with you?

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    How to fit in at BWOT nobby Off-Topic 22 12-12-2007 06:26 AM
    BWOT Posters: what you are here for? maine_coon Off-Topic 30 08-10-2007 01:56 PM
    Name the BWOT Post'er BNZ Off-Topic 4 05-24-2007 03:22 AM
    Bwot DP Off-Topic 7 05-05-2007 09:59 PM
    Something used by some here at BWOT.... Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 3 02-27-2007 06:56 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome