post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 02 BMW M5, Next Week 04 CLK55 AMG Droptop
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
real talk

So I sold my Jaguar S-Type R over 17 days ago to an attorney. My car was a Jaguar Select Edition 100K Warranty Car til 10/08. Before he bought the car from me he had it inspected and they told him struts were leaking and brakes need replacement, and he still purchased the car from me. I drafted up a Bill of Sale with sale price, and stated it had remaining extended warranty on it. I forgot to mention the claus "As-Is". From day 1 he stated to me how much he loved my car and its the best ride he ever owned. So today I get a phone call from the dude stating he wanted me to do a favor for him. He states that he wanted to borrow my plates so he can tow the car to the Jaguar dealer to have them look at the car and fix it. I told him Im not doing that bc thats illegal and he needs to register his car and get his own. Here is the bad part. He states that he tried to drive the car this morning but all the lights on the dash ABS, CEL, DSC etc illuminated and he wasnt able to drive past 10mph bc something was wrong. He also stated that he wants his money back under the lemon law. Nevertheless he hasnt registered or insured the car bc he is from TX and he is trying to get insurance there over here bc its cheaper. You have 7 days to register a car in MA. In otherwords this guy a lawyer been driving around illegally uninsured, and not registered. I think he is trying to pull a scam on me bc he is an attorney. He is a stupid one at that driving a car no insurance, and unregistered for 17 days. Whats your take ?

MA Lemon Aid Law

The Massachusetts Lemon Aid Law allows you to void or cancel a motor vehicle contract or sale if your vehicle fails to pass inspection within seven days from the date of sale AND if the estimated costs of repairs of emissions or safety related defects exceed 10% of the purchase price. (M.G.L. c. 90 §7N) This law applies to both dealer and private party sales of cars and motorcycles purchased for personal or family use. Dealers must display your Lemon Aid rights by putting a sticker on the left front window of each used car at the time of delivery.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:24 PM
worst mod in BW history
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
In my parts, the lemon law only pertains to new vehicles, you do however have 72 hours to reneg on any purchase. Oh, and he's not a lawyer.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 09:16 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 1991 190e 2.3 auto
Here you go, from the MA website.... Consumer Guide to Private Party Car Sales So, he can't use that one..... The only thing he might have, is if you knew about a serious problem, and failed to tell him about it. Or if you mis-represented something..(told him engine was rebuilt, and it wasn't, etc.) In most states, private party sales are assumed "as-is" If you state in an add, "1965 Mustang, blue, rusty,$500." then as long as it is a '65, is blue, and is rusty, anything past that is on the buyers head...
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 10:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Nov 2005
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
You never know,he might be an attorney with a black belt or a baseball bat.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:19 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 1989 190e 2.6 1993 500sel (sold) 1995 S500 coupe (sold) 1994 S500 blk/blk
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
If you have a bill of sale you are safe contingent upon your representation of the car.
Technically, however, without a bill of sale, the car is yours until it is registered in another's name. Since you removed the plates, this act shows that you acted legally.
Another thing: the buyer has to prove that the car is a lemon and that you acted in bad faith when you sold him the car. Doing this would cost the buyer money, paper work and stress. The ball is in his court--you have the money from the sale of the car and if you honestly represented the car, that is all that matters.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 01:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
My take is you tell him to suck your dick and you never ever post another Jag story here agian!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 02:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 2005 E320 CDI, 1995 E300D, 2002 Avalanche
Did he inspect the car within 7 days and is the total cost to repair more than 10%?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Surely A Large Human
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
My take is you tell him to suck your dick and you never ever post another Jag story here agian!
x 1,000. Ed, please send Yosey the beer you owe me in my stead.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
jag off
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Moderately subtle
Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
x 1,000. Ed, please send Yosey the beer you owe me in my stead.
I'll just bring it to him later in the Spring.

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: