post #22 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
MBLR,

Misinterpretation has always existed and marred the image of religions. Worse than that, I believe, is change of holy books to suit someone's agenda. A religion is supposed to be from God to guide humans. When some humans play God and think they have a supremacy of some sort to change the word of God you know something big and dangerous is inevitably coming.

Muslims in general are not as bad as portrayed in the media. We didn't start World War I or II for example. We're as ordinary as other people; we have the good and the bad. A lot of Muslims don't follow Islam the way it should be and that's, in my humble opinion, the reason behind our major problems.
post #23 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 03:52 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
drewprof,

I don't know what exactly you meant when you said "we're destined to go to jahannam".. followers of other religions or atheists nor where from did you draw this generalisation

A very important point is Islam (and I think almost all other religions) as opposed to Christianity is that we don't pay for what Adam and Eve. In Quran, the story of Adam and eve was told with emphasis on the fact that the Devil/Satan is an emnemy to man and therefore we shouldn't follow his ways so that we'll be spared the negative consequences.

In Quran Allah says that the reason of our creation is to worship Allah by doing good on Earth and building a life. Those who do good will be rewarded. Those who do bad will be punished. Very simple, clear and just. If you have another idea, I'll appreciate it if you share it with us
Why would he create people so their sole purpose is to worship him?
Does he really need our prayers, devotion or even our existence?
post #24 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer1 View Post
Yes, Muhhammed was a great holy man, as were Jesus, the Buddah, Zoroaster, and others. It's too bad many of their "followers" preach and practice hate instead of love.
I believe the same.

Quote:
BTW; you don't see too many atheists and agnostics going around killing innocents
I noticed that they're humanists in general and think religions are, what's the word, harsh? On the other hand, most, if not all, observing muslims I know are very humanistic as well as religious. No contradiction.
post #25 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ Critics of religion aren't always opposed to faith. It's the outward exhibition thereof, especially the unique varieties and rules each follow and how they interact with others, that becomes an issue. Which speaks to drewprof's point - one should be able to maintain a faith in and relationship with God without feeling compelled to convert others. The mere concept of "jihad" is reprehensible in modern terms. Jihad is a product of religion, which is man-made, and has nothing at all to do with faith in (a) God.
post #26 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Why would he create people so their sole purpose is to worship him?
Does he really need our prayers, devotion or even our existence?
First of all, what do you think? Why were we created?

Second, God doesn't need anything from anybody. It's our need to know the reason behind our creation that God explained quite simply with worship in its wide meaning of building ourselves a good life on earth and staying away from bad-doing so that we'll be rewarded, not punished. It makes me think twice before doing wrong and also gives me peace of mind if wrong was done upon me and I couldn't defend myself that I'll have justice at least in the afterlife. It was witty of Karl Marx to say that religion is the opiate of people. I think the truth is, the right religion is the endorphin of humans.
post #27 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 05:05 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
First of all, what do you think? Why were we created?

Second, God doesn't need anything from anybody. It's our need to know the reason behind our creation that God explained quite simply with worship in its wide meaning of building ourselves a good life on earth and staying away from bad-doing so that we'll be rewarded, not punished. It makes me think twice before doing wrong and also gives me peace of mind if wrong was done upon me and I couldn't defend myself that I'll have justice at least in the afterlife. It was witty of Karl Marx to say that religion is the opiate of people. I think the truth is, the right religion is the endorphin of humans.
So what is the "right" religion?
But back to my question which you did not answer: Why does God need us to worship him and why would he care? Does he have an ego issue? Does that make him want things just like us the weakling roaming this planet?
Are we in some sort of a cosmic play or some bet in process between higher beings? In this case between Ibliss and Allah? Please enlighten us we need some endorphins
post #28 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
^ Critics of religion aren't always opposed to faith. It's the outward exhibition thereof, especially the unique varieties and rules each follow and how they interact with others, that becomes an issue. Which speaks to drewprof's point - one should be able to maintain a faith in and relationship with God without feeling compelled to convert others. The mere concept of "jihad" is reprehensible in modern terms. Jihad is a product of religion, which is man-made, and has nothing at all to do with faith in (a) God.
You raised a few good points. Please bear with me..

Religion should be from God, not man. Man can't play God by making new religion or altering/changing an existing religion simply because no man is a creator nor has a supermacy over others nor have the ability to reward or punish after death when there's a life other than the one we know with absolute justice and the means to implement it. Therefore, critics of religion actually have nothing solid. If they study a particular religin enough to find serious flaws, they should look somewhere else. They'll definitely find something. I think that's what believers should do.

Conversion is a big issue with different attitudes from different religions. Jews, for example, don't want to convert others. Christians and Muslim do. In Islam, one is encouraged to share good things with others. Belief in God is one of the best things to share. Of course no muslim has the right to force Islam on others. It's clearly mentioned in the Quran. But the message of God, Islam, should be clearly explained by muslims so that if non-muslims know about it, we trust a lot of them would like to convert. Again no compulsion.

Think of Jihad as synonymous to army, although it literally means "paying effort". We have Jihad for the tasks any state has an army for: to defend its people and sovereignity and to send a message to enemies that we're no easy prey. Now, why are muslims only reprimanded about this? Doesn't everybody have an army? We have the strictest, most humane ethics for Jihad/military work and they're more than 14 centuries old when kill-loot-vandalise where the only words a fighter practised in comabt.
post #29 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
So what is the "right" religion?
But back to my question which you did not answer: Why does God need us to worship him and why would he care? Does he have an ego issue? Does that make him want things just like us the weakling roaming this planet?
Are we in some sort of a cosmic play or some bet in process between higher beings? In this case between Ibliss and Allah? Please enlighten us we need some endorphins
Nor did you answer my first question. Why do you think we were created? Obviously you don't like my point of view. Can you please share yours with us? I, too, could use some enlightenment from your side.
post #30 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 05:39 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1482 years ago..

My mother in law was hatched.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in