Now That Was A Speech! - Page 36 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #351 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 10:33 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
If I am, so far nobody has been very successful.

Thats ok, neither is Jay or Destroyer, puts you in god company...............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #352 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 10:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DestroyerW140 "No my friend, it wasn't just the news. I was at Grand Central Station when it happened around a LOT of black people, a LOT of REAL HAPPY black people, You would have thought we rung in the new year.

Well you just got chased, sometimes with bats........big deal. Better than someone busting a cap in your ass.

But you think every white mans life was free ride?. You live in a diluted world where you think only YOU have had tough breaks when in fact you dont have a god damn clue.

As far as I can tell judging by your posts I see that you think this is something that JUST happened with Wright."

-------------------------------------

Let me reply by asking you, where in my post did I say I think White People had a free ride? Please don't twist my words or take them out of context. I was born and raised in a place which saw all kinds of immigrants from all around the world come to New York. At some point all where discriminated against in some for or fashion.

You said, just bats, like thats nothing like its better. When you posed the question I gave you a straight forward answer from experience no opinion. So for you to down play the truth is crazy. My point was to say its not any safer for any one man or women of one race to walk through a predominantly populated neighborhood of another race. Not for you to down play a real life experience.

No I don't think its something that just happened with Wright, to be honest, I think it speaks of the strong deep rooted hatred allot of Americans of all cultures feel for other cultures. If you want to get a glimpse into how I feel about the issue you need look no further than the post I've spoken on about the issue of race. Racism is not just isolated for African Americans, but it is a poisoned way of thinking that has equally effect all nationalities.

My honest opinion, is its high time that we as Americans bring up these issues and communicate with each other about racism. I have said and live by the fact that education is one of the only ways of combating racism on all levels for all kinds of people involved. Like I said, its not only between black and white people, but it goes across all levels, from Hispanic people not liking other Hispanic cultures, Japanese people not liking Chinese people, and Irish people not liking Italians and so fourth. Once again, I like dialog such as this, because we can learn from each other and have a better understanding of each other. It just seems to me, and I could be wrong, but you have a strong resentment for the African American population and what you've seen. Well you and I cannot continue to live in the past.

We have a chance to change things, and there is only one way to educate ourselves on things we don't understand.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #353 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 10:51 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Quote:
Originally Posted by A264172 View Post
How do you think your post #186 in this thread is different than Wright's comments?

Let me help you. It's the same 'level' of racist argument in reverse.

And yes, there is a sliding scale. Do you really mean to imply that no worse racism can be spoken than you and your tub mate Jeremiah have displayed?
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/2798184-post186.html
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/2799935-post317.html
#186 was NOT racist. It's the god damn truth!. What part made it racist?.
post #354 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140 View Post
Its pretty popular to call her a bitch these days and a bit cliche. How about coming up with something a little more original?. I hear all the fucking time: Q: "Why are you votiing Obama?", A: "cause Clinton is a bitch and Obama brings people together". Obama does bring people together, I'll give you that: There will be huge parties at the White House with all our favorites: Sharpton, Jesse, Oprah, Wright, it'll be a fun time. I wonder what the Pledge Of Allegiance will sound like as a rap song.......................

I give you this DestroyerW140, that comment wasn't racist it was just out right fucking stupid. This is, and correct me if I'm wrong, what you see going on in the White House if Obama becomes president. DestroyerW140, please for the sake of humanity think before you type.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #355 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:24 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Destroyer, How could you turn down Cinderella..............

ABCNEWS: OBAMA LIKE CINDERELLA...

The Note: After Midnight

Obama as Cinderella in What Could Have Been a Rough Week.

Sometimes, like a Cinderella team marching through March, Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign seems nothing short of charmed.

It helps that while Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton has 10 weeks to make Obama totally and entirely unelectable, Obama just has to wait out the clock.

But the outside help Obama is getting (some that he asked for, some that he didn't) is the X-factor -- and it means that, even as Obama grapples with perhaps the biggest challenge to his candidacy, he will be the nominee short of something else dramatic happening in the race that's already seen everything.

To survey the data points on a good Friday in Obamaland, in what had the potential to be a very rough week:

- Obama controls Friday's marquee event -- a 12:30 pm ET endorsement in Oregon by Governor/superdelegate/former Clinton Cabinet secretary/former candidate Bill Richardson, D-N.M., who provides a handy answer to the he's-not-ready argument (and who resisted the full Clinton press).

Richardson's key line, from the endorsement announcement (news of which broke, for what it's worth, a few minutes after 3 am, prompting different kinds of phone calls): "There is no doubt in my mind that Barack Obama has the judgment and courage we need in a commander in chief when our nation's security is on the line."

This from the e-mail message sent to Richardson supporters in the wee hours: "The 1990's were a decade of peace and prosperity because of the competent and enlightened leadership of the Clinton administration, but it is now time for a new generation of leadership to lead America forward."

"This is a really big deal, and it couldn't come at a better time" for Obama, ABC's George Stephanopoulos said on "Good Morning America." "Obama will owe him big."

(And, for better or worse, former senator John Edwards is staying out of the fight.)

- Michigan, by not voting again, breaks Obama's way -- remember that the status quo is very good for him these days. That plus Florida means two very big states that weren't in his column will not, in all likelihood, count for anything in the delegate race.

- The timing of the Clinton library document dump means that reporters are probing Clinton's record (including every crumpet consumed on a foreign trip) at the very time the Clinton campaign wants the focus on Obama's record.

- Surely Obama didn't ask for his private information to be improperly accessed by State Department workers. But how does a story about Bush administration ineptitude (with hints of dirty tricks) not work to his benefit?

- And while his speech this week on that whole little race thing may not have put anything in his rearview mirror, Clinton is struggling for a way to do anything about it (and a picture like this, while pointless, makes it just that much tougher).

The controversy over Rev. Jeremiah Wright should be, for Clinton, the story that says everything -- it puts Obama in an uncomfortable race box, and the sermon clips speak for themselves.

Yet: "As a matter of strategy, top Clinton allies and advisers said Thursday they were treading carefully when it came to talking about Mr. Wright with superdelegates," Patrick Healy writes in The New York Times. "The difficulty, Clinton advisers and political analysts said, was that a race-based argument against Mr. Obama's electability was unappealing and divisive and cut against the image of the Democratic Party and its principles."

Think it's leaving Clinton a bit uncomfortable? "When Clinton was then asked specifically if her campaign was pushing the Wright story -- she shrugged and took the next question, ignoring the reporter," ABC's Eloise Harper reports. Later, Clinton spokesman Doug Hattaway told ABC: "She was and is unaware of anyone on the campaign pushing [the Wright] issue with superdelegates."

As for the long-term implications, "some voters say the revelations about Obama's 20-year relationship with Wright's Trinity United Church of Christ was a deal-breaker for them -- that there is now no way they will vote for Obama," Scott Helman and Sasha Issenberg, reporting from Indiana, write in The Boston Globe. "Others say that it would be wrong to hold Obama accountable for his pastor, or that the black anger Wright has expressed is understandable."

The Philadelphia Inquirer's Dick Polman writes that Obama's not in the clear: "His full speech text was an appeal to the intellect, but the short-hand version of this affair packs a visceral punch. Some voters will simply reduce it all to a few sentences: Why didn't Obama, upon hearing something vile or hateful, simply get up and walk out? How could Obama stick by a reverend who stands in the pulpit and says 'God damn America?' "

The rest of the article
ABC News: Obama-rella: A Bad Week Turned Good
post #356 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
This part:
"... Whitey is paying for it though, especially middle class whitey. See middle class whitey has to pay for everything while blackie gets it all for free and then whitey has to pay for the free stuff blackie gets through taxes. Situation will worsen if Obama is President."

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #357 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Racist as racist gets.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #358 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Racist as racist gets.
Rev Wright....right!!
post #359 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Racist as racist gets.
I don't know, I think this:

"Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several states which may be included within this union, according to their respective numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole number of free persons, including those bound to service for a term of years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons"

...is more racist.

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #360 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
♪ "Gonna get me a gun and shoot all the whitey's I see...." ♪

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in