Now That Was A Speech! - Page 15 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 03:13 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
I still like Hillary better. At least you presume to know what you are getting. Obama is an unknown entity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 03:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Hey slybydesignw210, here's a little something else I picked up in your BLOG:

Another glaring example of the rank hypocrisy and total bullshit spread by Barack Obama as he lies his way to the Democratic nomination.
McQ also points to this November, 2007 speech by Obama. It's highly indicative of the lies he's told to gain votes.

"I am in this race to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more than any other candidate in this race to take on lobbyists - and won. They have not funded my campaign, they will not get a job in my White House, and they will not drown out the voices of the American people when I am president."
They most definitely are funding his campaign, and trouble-prone investment banks seeking to buy political influence are among Obama's highest donors.

Obama's Love of Corporate Money and Lobbyists (Wizbang Blue)

It would appear that he is no different than any other politician...... and you fell for the line.

Maybe you should look a little deeper into who you want to vote for..........

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #143 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 03:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So you have reduced this to name calling and personal attacks...... What more can you ask of a rabid democrat...... I asked a number of times for some sort of track record, any kind of track record, so far you are the only one to come up with anything, and with it comes the typical attacks that only a fanatic would tender. You have done well for your side friend.....

Well, I'm not sure what "Your Side" means, but in the end I apologize if I offended you, but won't take back being upset at the fact that most people are not locking onto the general aspect of what we can do as AMERICANS. I just think that, and agree that nut case Rev. said was fucking stupid and doesn't help the cause of uniting our nation.

That is the only point I am making. My joining this discussion was only to inject what was lacking from this thread, Obama's bottom line approach on change. Its being washed out by his race or questionable track record and now will be further shiv'ed by the words of another man.

Avenue I choose to join this thread is one of saying that we can't afford to scramble our minds with bullshit and continue to fight for the kind of change that we as a nation really needs. Allot of progress was made when Obama joined the race, and it would be a shame to watch US as Americans start dividing the lines once again.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #144 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 03:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
It sucks to see political operatives operating on bwot without
proper attention to bwot etiquette.

Speak up and identify ourselves.
post #145 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 03:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
You don't need to understand it Bruce. Just vote for your guy and others will do the same. And his oratory skills go beyond speeches. The man is a gifted communicator, and that is no small thing.
If that's all you care about, maybe you should vote for Walter Cronkite, I think he's still kicking.... and he has a track record, you know where he's actually coming from.

Quote:
The lack of communication skills on the part the current resident of the WH should have been enough to keep him in the private sector, IMHO.
There is no question that there are better orators out there, but at least when GB says something you can bet that he will back it up with action. You may not like what he says or does, but there can't be any question in your mind as to where he stands. Obama can’t really say that, in fact Obama hasn’t said a whole lot of anything except platitudes.

Quote:
Obama is a far cry from my first choice, but of the folks still standing, he is by far the best choice, not as much for what he has done, but rather what he hasn't.
Well in that case, vote for me, I haven't done a damn thing in years, and I can prove it with a track record.....

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #146 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 03:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It would appear that he is no different than any other politician...... and you fell for the line.

Then it should be easy for the voting population to accept him as a President, Right?

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #147 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 03:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
Well, I'm not sure what "Your Side" means, but in the end I apologize if I offended you, but won't take back being upset at the fact that most people are not locking onto the general aspect of what we can do as AMERICANS. I just think that, and agree that nut case Rev. said was fucking stupid and doesn't help the cause of uniting our nation.

That is the only point I am making. My joining this discussion was only to inject what was lacking from this thread, Obama's bottom line approach on change. Its being washed out by his race or questionable track record and now will be further shiv'ed by the words of another man.

Avenue I choose to join this thread is one of saying that we can't afford to scramble our minds with bullshit and continue to fight for the kind of change that we as a nation really needs. Allot of progress was made when Obama joined the race, and it would be a shame to watch US as Americans start dividing the lines once again.
Apology accepted, frankly your tone was mild compared to some…. I have no problem with your wanting to vote for Obama, if that’s what you want, after all it’s still a free country in spite of what FoTL might think or say.
My point was, and still is, I haven’t a clue as to what the man stands for.
Change and hope are fine words, but you need to back them up with more than just more words. I can’t and did not say that Obama has a questionable track record, what I said was that I can’t find a track record for him, nothing at all. Add to that, he has yet to say how he plans on changing anything, or for that matter what he plans on changing.

Vladimir Putin

Paul Harvey 8/31/94

Justice Clarence Thomas
post #148 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 03:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post

Then it should be easy for the voting population to accept him as a President, Right?
The same could be said of Hillary couldn't it.......

To be honest, of the three that are out there right now, I think I'll vote fro PeeWee Herman.............

Vladimir Putin

Paul Harvey 8/31/94

Justice Clarence Thomas
post #149 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 04:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R. View Post
Hey slybydesignw210, here's a little something else I picked up in your BLOG:

Another glaring example of the rank hypocrisy and total bullshit spread by Barack Obama as he lies his way to the Democratic nomination.
McQ also points to this November, 2007 speech by Obama. It's highly indicative of the lies he's told to gain votes.

"I am in this race to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more than any other candidate in this race to take on lobbyists - and won. They have not funded my campaign, they will not get a job in my White House, and they will not drown out the voices of the American people when I am president."
They most definitely are funding his campaign, and trouble-prone investment banks seeking to buy political influence are among Obama's highest donors.

Maybe you should look a little deeper into who you want to vote for..........
"These are not corporations that are donating. Read the blog you linked with .That's forbidden by law and there contributions are grouped for statistical purposes along with their job title and addresses. Here is a list of all the investment bankers and employees of Bear Sterns who were political contributors.
591,452 was given by people who identified their employer as "bear stearns".
$171,476 from 106 people to Republicans
$419,976 from 188 people to Democrats.

There is only candidate whose name is prominent on this donors list, five time more that any other candidate..But we can't discuss that candidate on your 'dis obama information' posts. That would be throwing mud .

The failure of Bear Sterns last week brings to mind the extensive sponsorship and support Barack Obama has received from the financial sector and not the much more extensive financial support that hedge fund firms provide, plus employment...oh forget it. What suject in the news doesn't bring to mind Barack Obama, if Bear Sterns does it for you?"

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #150 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 04:13 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
It sucks to see political operatives operating on bwot without
proper attention to bwot etiquette.

Speak up and identify ourselves.
VOTE OBAMA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in