post #121 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
A belief system... Leadership abilities... Strength of character... ETC...
One is a sophisticated, educated aristocrat, and the other is Boss Hogg.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:31 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2006 SLK350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tried to find it in my heart to admit that I was responsible for 9/11 and HIV. I searched hard to find it in my realm of responsibilities that I am the cause of so many people living in poverty, and are being beaten down by my actions.

It's just too big a reach for me. Not my fault that a bunch of Islamic Radicals attacked us. Not my fault that folks haven't understood the meaning of safe sex since sometime in the past when AIDS/HIV was discovered and it became common knowledge how to prevent it. Not my fault that people won't get an education or work for a living. Not my fault --...

I don't have to vote for someone just to assuage your leftwing guilt about what your forefathers did.

2006 SLK350
Something Silver

“I’m sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we’re Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”
- Hillary Clinton
post #123 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:44 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 68 404 ambulance
no joy either way, God how I wish Sam Kinison was still alive, he'd be my write in vote.

BTW felkhound, nice to see another CT around. NTTC Corey station 1995, ONI 1996-
post #124 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Such an interesting direction for a thread about words to take.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #125 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 12:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet

Change, and Hope is what he brings to the table.

The fucking stupid part about what I just read and trust me I read each and every post up to the point of typing this, on this thread, and watched the GREAT speech Obama made, is that some of you are asking for a deep record to prove Obama can be president. Some of you wish to know from his past if he can help bring about change. Yet, you seem to miss the state that our country is in right now. You seem to miss the one particular theme spewing from Obama's campain

HOPE and CHANGE - the two things this fucking country needs now the most.

I am glad he doesn't have that fucked up poisoned track record of licking ass in politics as all the other candidates do, maybe that in itself is the change this country needs.

AND for those who think and believe its going to take 1 Person to fix all of our problems then you are just as fucking stupid as the person putting all their eggs in one basket.

YES he's a fantastic speaker and if that is all it takes to bring this nation together then I am all for it, because its this country not the next president thats going to change this country. REMEMBER this country has fallen behind in the economic race do to leaders who have RAPED US (ME AND YOU) for every hard earned penny, and now some ones comes along whether they'd be Black, White, Asian or Hispanic spreading hope and all we can do as AMERICANS is take our pointer finger pull it out our asses to see that OUR SHIT is what stinks then point it at him and ask how is he gonna clean it up.

GET THE FUCK OVER IT - VOTE FOR THE PERSON YOU BELIEVE WILL ASSIST IN CHANGING THIS COUNTRY - GET OFF YOUR FUCKING COMPUTER CHAIR AND MAKE THAT CHANGE YOURSELF - DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE CHANGE YOU WANT - UNITE THIS NATION NOT SEPARATE - IF OBAMA WAS OF ANY OTHER RACE I'D STILL VOTE FOR THE KIND OF CHANGE HE SPEAKS ABOUT

And please by all means, stop using his name as a reason not to vote for him. Show me a candidate that can bring so many people together in unity.

Power is in numbers and its going to take a large percentage of Americans to change America.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #126 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 12:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post

Change, and Hope is what he brings to the table.

The fucking stupid part about what I just read and trust me I read each and every post up to the point of typing this, on this thread, and watched the GREAT speech Obama made, is that some of you are asking for a deep record to prove Obama can be president. Some of you wish to know from his past if he can help bring about change. Yet, you seem to miss the state that our country is in right now. You seem to miss the one particular theme spewing from Obama's campain

HOPE and CHANGE - the two things this fucking country needs now the most.

I am glad he doesn't have that fucked up poisoned track record of licking ass in politics as all the other candidates do, maybe that in itself is the change this country needs.

AND for those who think and believe its going to take 1 Person to fix all of our problems then you are just as fucking stupid as the person putting all their eggs in one basket.

YES he's a fantastic speaker and if that is all it takes to bring this nation together then I am all for it, because its this country not the next president thats going to change this country. REMEMBER this country has fallen behind in the economic race do to leaders who have RAPED US (ME AND YOU) for every hard earned penny, and now some ones comes along whether they'd be Black, White, Asian or Hispanic spreading hope and all we can do as AMERICANS is take our pointer finger pull it out our asses to see that OUR SHIT is what stinks then point it at him and ask how is he gonna clean it up.

GET THE FUCK OVER IT - VOTE FOR THE PERSON YOU BELIEVE WILL ASSIST IN CHANGING THIS COUNTRY - GET OFF YOUR FUCKING COMPUTER CHAIR AND MAKE THAT CHANGE YOURSELF - DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE CHANGE YOU WANT - UNITE THIS NATION NOT SEPARATE - IF OBAMA WAS OF ANY OTHER RACE I'D STILL VOTE FOR THE KIND OF CHANGE HE SPEAKS ABOUT

And please by all means, stop using his name as a reason not to vote for him. Show me a candidate that can bring so many people together in unity.

Power is in numbers and its going to take a large percentage of Americans to change America.
Thanks for posting up Sly. I was hoping you would kick in. Your perspective is different than that of all us "old white farts", both left and right.

Oh, and DITTO your comments.

!

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #127 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 12:48 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I am not an old fart, I still have full strength....smell that is
post #128 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 12:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
"GET THE FUCK OVER IT - VOTE FOR THE PERSON YOU BELIEVE WILL ASSIST IN CHANGING THIS COUNTRY - GET OFF YOUR FUCKING COMPUTER CHAIR AND MAKE THAT CHANGE YOURSELF - DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE CHANGE YOU WANT - UNITE THIS NATION NOT SEPARATE - IF OBAMA WAS OF ANY OTHER RACE I'D STILL VOTE FOR THE KIND OF CHANGE HE SPEAKS ABOUT"

This what the Reverend Wrong should be preaching, but instead it's all somebody else's fault, to him it's the Whites.

Next thing some of you people will want is the fairness doctrine enacted!!!
post #129 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 12:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
You seem to think there is a predominant racist reason why some, including me, dislike Obama as a candidate. HE CAN BE JUDGED BY THE COMPANY HE KEEPS. No white person would ever be let off the hook as easy as you're attempting to minimize Obama's guilt by association. You should understand, that if he's elected, he will enact policies based on the same radical beliefs that he has already agreed with the Rev. Wright on. Not much different in principle than the president we have now.

I think Obama is, generally, a nice man. But, regrettably, he's has aligned himself with the beliefs of a rabid racist by closely associating himself with Wright for 20 years and he'll never live that down, no matter how much he denies it.
Exactly right and he also said he could not disown Wright anymore than he could disown all black people or even his own grandmother!. To me this says that he is far more involved with Wright than anyone of us can even imagine.

What if it came out tomorrow that McCain or Clinton attend White Supremacy groups in church and have been for over 20 years?. Would they be able to sit there and say they didn't necessarily agree with what was said in church but went anyway cause they loved how pretty the crosses looked all lit up?. I dont think so. Obama is twisting shit around in his speeches and America is buying it. He's good at speeches but why is everyone falling for it?
post #130 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 12:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Thanks McBear. I admit I may not know all the proper jargon or politic web of this country to argue and try and sound intellectual to the posters of this forum, but I will tell you this much, I pay almost $4 a gallon for gas, I work, I pay tax's, I buy groceries that are way to expensive, I purchase goods of a cheaper quality to offset the higher cost of energy, I see whats happening in the housing market, I pay high premiums for health care and still have to then pay high co-pays. And in my prospective these things are what should be talked about and focused on, rather then 1 person's race or gender.

I personally believe when we have the opportunity to vote for propositions, work our way up at jobs and sign petitions that really effects our daily lives then we should do so. I see a major uproar about one man or women, but what I don't see is people saying "You know I will ride the bus instead to work as a way of fighting higher gas prices" Instead people our more concerned with the color of some one skin.

The "PEOPLE" we so blindly allowed to run this country pulled an ENRON on us and now I say open your Fridge, Go to your kids school, Look closely in the eyes of the people that our current leaders have robbed, and to do this right just grab a mirror. Then ask yourself does it matter what race some one is if they are going to motivate you make a positive difference in your world.

Bush told us to look in the eyes of our friends and neighbors and if they blink or are of a different color to call the FBI. Thats unity?

I have been robbed in Brooklyn by gun point twice. The last time I was robbed was when we allowed all our American jobs to be taken over seas. Or the last time some one died due to lack of proper health care. I remember a lady who went to buy milk with her kid in her arms, she couldn't afford it as it was just as much as gas was. I almost cried right there. I purchased it for her.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in