post #81 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 07:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
I never suggested that Obama wrote the speech or asked his pastor to deliver it, and that is beside the point. The judgment exhibited by the candidate in having this reverend associated with the campaign is flawed. And, to suggest that I was looking for an excuse to not support the most liberal candidate in the running is ludicrous. You are just looking for a reason to imply that I'm racist for not supporting him.
To be clear, I won't vote for Obama because he is the most liberal candidate in the field. Anyone to his right is more acceptable to me.
So, you would prefer we have our politicians scrub their personal lives and past, excising any people, friends, family members, mentors or other important people in their lives from their campaigns who might be a potential embarrassment in the future. I get it, you would like synthetic people to run for office, who we don't know anything about, and surely don't want to know anything meaningful about. That sure sounds like a good path....we are supposed to be comfortable getting fucked by our whitebread choices instead of taking a chance with a black guy who is a real human. And, remember it is that real human part that we find so unappealing, not the black part.

As for not voting for Obama because of his liberal politics, well that's justifiable, but it is not what you seemed to be saying. It sounded like you said you thought it was appropriate that Obama "suffer for the ramblings of his reverend" because he held "a prominent place in the campaign (or used to, at least)." You followed this up with "You get to choose the people around you, and this was a bad choice, as this individual has chosen to polarize a very polarizing issue. The polarization cannot help this campaign, the candidate will lose no matter how much of an attempt is made to "shame" America for taking the likely side in it. Obama's attempts to deny knowledge come across as pure BS. He made a bad choice to have this man in his campaign.

I abhor racism in this country, it is sad that we are having this kind of discussion in the 21st century. It exists, though, and if Obama wanted to win, neither he nor his surrogates should have played the card first."

All this sounds like a sigh of relief that the race card has been played by Obama (in your view) and now it is ok for this proceed according to plan - race card playing by everyone. Soon the country will see the race riots of the late 1960's and we can get back to making sure no black motherfuckers get into the White House. Only now it is because he is a liberal Black motherfucker.

Ed, we all get to play our race card, and you showed you are willing to play yours in the post above. All I am doing is telling everyone gets to play, or not play the race card we all have. As many times as we want. None of them are valid, attractive or meaningful. Most are just used to goad the other side into saying something worse so you can say something worse back.

If you really abhor racism, in this country or anywhere else on Earth, please, just don't play your race card. It is ok that you don't want a liberal in the White House. We can debate liberal vs. conservative. But we cannot superficially deal with racism.

I am an old white, getting fatter by the year, male. I see this as a great opportunity for America to actually engage in a debate and possibly confrontations on the subject of our society's racist aspects, features and fabric. Through debate comes understanding and possibly change. It is risky but many more Black men have suffered to improve the lot of Black and other "colored" people in my lifetime by trying to address racism in America than whites. Sorry, but there just isn't much in it for rich Whites, so they don't "get it." "It" doesn't pay, for example, for rich Whites. "It" does pay for Blacks and Browns and other colors, including poor Whites. Which is Obama's message. Fixing racism is good for America, even if it doesn't pay for Whites who think they are rich to support it.

Honest commitment and sacrifice in the name of bettering the Black community is something I credit the Reverend with accomplishing over his more than thirty year stint as a pastor. But to suggest the Obama's mistake was he was just not thoroughly scrubbed and whitened enough while preparing to run for President is wrong. In my opinion. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 07:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve58 View Post
Jim, please ease up on the racist finger pointing, its bringing you down to proving ,you are in fact 'the racist'.
Just an observation.
An astute observation my friend... But don't expect him to pay any attention.

Don't believe everything you think
post #83 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
So, you would prefer we have our politicians scrub their personal lives and past, excising any people, friends, family members, mentors or other important people in their lives from their campaigns who might be a potential embarrassment in the future. I get it, you would like synthetic people to run for office, who we don't know anything about, and surely don't want to know anything meaningful about. That sure sounds like a good path....we are supposed to be comfortable getting fucked by our whitebread choices instead of taking a chance with a black guy who is a real human. And, remember it is that real human part that we find so unappealing, not the black part.

As for not voting for Obama because of his liberal politics, well that's justifiable, but it is not what you seemed to be saying. It sounded like you said you thought it was appropriate that Obama "suffer for the ramblings of his reverend" because he held "a prominent place in the campaign (or used to, at least)." You followed this up with "You get to choose the people around you, and this was a bad choice, as this individual has chosen to polarize a very polarizing issue. The polarization cannot help this campaign, the candidate will lose no matter how much of an attempt is made to "shame" America for taking the likely side in it. Obama's attempts to deny knowledge come across as pure BS. He made a bad choice to have this man in his campaign.

I abhor racism in this country, it is sad that we are having this kind of discussion in the 21st century. It exists, though, and if Obama wanted to win, neither he nor his surrogates should have played the card first."

All this sounds like a sigh of relief that the race card has been played by Obama (in your view) and now it is ok for this proceed according to plan - race card playing by everyone. Soon the country will see the race riots of the late 1960's and we can get back to making sure no black motherfuckers get into the White House. Only now it is because he is a liberal Black motherfucker.

Ed, we all get to play our race card, and you showed you are willing to play yours in the post above. All I am doing is telling everyone gets to play, or not play the race card we all have. As many times as we want. None of them are valid, attractive or meaningful. Most are just used to goad the other side into saying something worse so you can say something worse back.

If you really abhor racism, in this country or anywhere else on Earth, please, just don't play your race card. It is ok that you don't want a liberal in the White House. We can debate liberal vs. conservative. But we cannot superficially deal with racism.

I am an old white, getting fatter by the year, male. I see this as a great opportunity for America to actually engage in a debate and possibly confrontations on the subject of our society's racist aspects, features and fabric. Through debate comes understanding and possibly change. It is risky but many more Black men have suffered to improve the lot of Black and other "colored" people in my lifetime by trying to address racism in America than whites. Sorry, but there just isn't much in it for rich Whites, so they don't "get it." "It" doesn't pay, for example, for rich Whites. "It" does pay for Blacks and Browns and other colors, including poor Whites. Which is Obama's message. Fixing racism is good for America, even if it doesn't pay for Whites who think they are rich to support it.

Honest commitment and sacrifice in the name of bettering the Black community is something I credit the Reverend with accomplishing over his more than thirty year stint as a pastor. But to suggest the Obama's mistake was he was just not thoroughly scrubbed and whitened enough while preparing to run for President is wrong. In my opinion. Jim
What you think I "seemed to be saying" was what you wanted to hear me say so that you could reply the way you wanted to. And what I was saying was different. Obama is in a presidential campaign, and if you think his cause was furthered by this event, I think you are quite wrong. My post had to do with that opinion, not that racism is good or bad.

The elimination of racism is a worthy endeavor, but politicizing it is a loser for whomsoever does it.

post #84 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 07:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1976 450 SL
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
An astute observation my friend... But don't expect him to pay any attention.
Good, he is wound tight, he would tear me to shreds.
post #85 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 07:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Jim, please ease up on the racist finger pointing, its bringing you down to proving ,you are in fact 'the racist'.
Just an observation.
Wow. There is some real solid logic. Read what I posted and try to put together a reasoned discussion of why you feel that way. Feel free to cite my words. Otherwise you sound like someone just itching to point the racist finger yourself. Is that what you just did? Sounds like it. Does that mean you proved you are a racist? I guess so, in your mind. But then I questioned the original logic so I guess that wouldn't work for me. Jim
post #86 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 07:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Good, he is wound tight, he would tear me to shreds.
No he wouldn't, but I do think he is having a bad hair-day. I think ignoring his BS or just talking around it is best for tonight. He will probably be better tomorrow. Not sure what has him wound so tight today, but it will probably pass...

post #87 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 07:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1976 450 SL
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
Wow. There is some real solid logic. Read what I posted and try to put together a reasoned discussion of why you feel that way. Feel free to cite my words. Otherwise you sound like someone just itching to point the racist finger yourself. Is that what you just did? Sounds like it. Does that mean you proved you are a racist? I guess so, in your mind. But then I questioned the original logic so I guess that wouldn't work for me. Jim
Believe it or not, I have read this whole thread, I do agree with a lot that you have 'ranted' about. I almost had you pegged as a black man.

I dont need to point the racist finger, it just comes out in the best of us. You my friend were working it overtime.
post #88 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Obama's damage plan

I agreee that Wright said what he said. I also agree that Obama has no control over other free thinking humans on this planet. BUT Obama needs to give this guy some space because he did jump the gun on his comments and should've at least waited until Obama was the Democratic nominee against McCain..now the media and Hillary are gonna have a field day with this.
post #89 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 01:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Obambi is a dues-paying member of the intolerant Religious Left in this country, as embodied by Rev. Wright. Obambi is no better than the supporters of the Rev. Fred Phelps, pastor of the Westboro Baptist Church. They are one-in-the-same yet on opposite ends of the religious intolerance continuum.

Now let me ask you geniuses this: Would you vote for a white man for President of the United States who was a life-long member of Rev. Fred Phelps Westboro Baptist Church--a man Rev. Phelps mentored and for whom he served as a father-figure? Would you vote for a white man who was married by and who's children were christened by the Rev. Fred Phelps?

post #90 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 10:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

March 19, 2008 7:00 AM

Wright Bound
Obama’s speech.

By Thomas Sowell

Did Senator Barack Obama’s speech in Philadelphia convince people that he is still a viable candidate to be president of the United States, despite the adverse reactions to statements by his pastor, Jeremiah Wright?

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDMyZTU1M2YyZDBlZDczMjY2Y2QyZWYwZjFiYWU4YWE=

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in