BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Here's another well paragraphed post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Sorry, they won't agree with you as it would mean acknowledging being part of a failure of such epic proportion that it would crack the very foundation of their beliefs.

With those of us on the left side of the political hedge we have Clinton's moral peccadillos, and subsequent lie to a grand jury but through all that we had very good standing throughout the world, a very strong economy for most of the time, a screamingly soaring DOW and didn't seem to have problems playing well with others. Energy prices were steady. Oh, and the dollar was worth something. While in office, Clinton's pardons and Travel Office issues would, to me be his biggest failures.

You can go back to Carter who, while having a VERY mixed foreign policy, was unable to pull the economy out of the 1974 OPEC triggered Recession and there was no strong economic hand to keep inflation down [although I appreciated the 16% 10 year T-Notes at the time]. He also did not have solid guidance in the Iranian crisis which caused that failure of his presidency.

We really never have had us a good Watergate or Iran Contra or Falsification of Iraq or anything on that massive of a scale on our side of the hedge to make us quite so edgy and defensive. I think you would have to go back to Viet Nam and the Domino Theory to get to that level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 04:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
On the other end of the spectrum , we have this muddled mass of words otherwise known as a
shitty post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
You really made me laugh with that post. Yes, I found it funny because it sounded more like the ravings of a very paranoid person. Bush nor any of his administration is building crematoriums and gas chambers to execute any race of persons. I'd venture to assume you may be referring to the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay. Club Gitmo is hardly a mass murdering concentration camp that houses innocent victims.
You called Bush and his administration RACIST? I'm calling you on that one, dude. He has/had the most diverse cabinet of any President. Condeleeza Rice, Colin Powell, Alberto Gonzales, etc. It was a Republican administration who oversaw the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court, a nominee liberals demonized and trumped up charges against by bringing another black (Anita Hill) to make charges against him. Your own democratic party is imploding because of the racist, bigoted comments made by Obama's good friend and mentor, Rev. Wright AND comments made by Ferraro, a Clinton hack. It is the democratic party who consistently commits racist offenses but YOU call Republicans racist? Was it not a very popular democratic president that built 'concentration camps' and jailed innocent AMERICAN CITIZENS because they happened to have Japanese blood in their veins? What do you call THAT?
And most conservatives, such as myself, are intolerant of BULLSHIT science, not science. We are intolerant of ILLEGAL immigrants, not immigrants. And what about gays? What's wrong with expecting marriage standards to remain as 1 man, 1 woman? That's the way it has been since the beginning, so, why would you seek to change it, now? Bedroom business should remain so.
Anti-Semitism??? Give me a break. America has aligned itself with Israel since it became a nation, a nation the Arabic world doesn't think should exist, and our alignment with Israel is the sore subject with all Arab nations.

Your argument is weak and you're out of paintballs on this one.

Last edited by mlfun; 03-17-2008 at 04:53 PM.
post #73 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 04:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Or as the 'White Stripes' might put it...

"You don't know what fascism is...

///

...you just do as you're told"

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #74 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 05:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Does you dictionary have a "U" section? Assuming it does, give it a shot.
Keeriste, GS, must you? Here are definitions from 3 sources that I, even I, could Google with no hand-holding.

Bot

-----------------------------

un·prec·edent·ed (-pres′ə den′tid)
adjective
having no precedent or parallel; unheard-of; novel

having no earlier parallel or equivalent

Having no precedent or example; not preceded by a like case;
not having the authority of prior example; novel; new;
unexampled.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thats what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #75 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
You mean like the definition I provided in Post #44? Nice to see you're catchin' up.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #76 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
On the other end of the spectrum , we have this muddled mass of words otherwise known as a
shitty post.
Paragraph
Nazi
?

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #77 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Paragraph
Nazi
?
Lol. He does make sense though, If you use paragraphs correctly then you can put accros your points much better and each paragraph should contain a point you are trying to convery.

I may add, if I were to read your post, as a speech, and without stopping for breath - I would die from lack of oxygen.

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #78 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Did you puke on your keyboard ?
I vomit on my keyboard daily, now back to you, are you power hungry? syphilis-ridden? short? Well, do I have the mustache for you! You’ll be singing, “I beg your pardon, I never promised you a beer garden” in less time than it would take Heidi to skip through the Maginot Line. Great for scaring off forum trolls and nagging posters, when cornered you can always say you are honoring Moe of the Three Stooges. While they ponder that, you poke them in the eyes and make your getaway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i-r-hitler-invading-yr-contrys.jpg
Views:	915
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	168233  
post #79 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Forum Administrator RC Colas & Moon Pies

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Architectural Design sure is complex.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #80 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 07:16 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
Lol. He does make sense though, If you use paragraphs correctly then you can put accros your points much better and each paragraph should contain a point you are trying to convery.

I may add, if I were to read your post, as a speech, and without stopping for breath - I would die from lack of oxygen.
BWOT is not a college environment where I'm required to author a complex dissertation. While I'm quite proficient at spelling, I admit shortcomings to paragraph construction. Besides, isn't a comma for pause and a period for a break? You can catch your breath, in those places.

__________________________________________________ ________

'I Mever Nake Mistake's'- The Poofreader

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in