Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Calling Bush and the so called neocon hawks fascists is necessary in order to gain the interest of the stupid and lazy American public (in politics only) who will sit in their lazy chair and stuff themselves until someone takes their chair and Cheetos away.
You mean someone took clkman's cheetos, too? Shiiiit!

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
post #103 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 06:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Quit skirting the issue! YOU called Bush a fascist. I called you on it. It is not MY definition. It is THE definition. I won't argue that there are fascist characteristics to Bush and his cronies just as there are communist characteristics to many in the democratic party. But they do not fit the full fledged definition of fascism.

The examples you brought of how YOU think the 'neocons' (wide brush, again), as you call them, are aligned with fascism is FLAWED- period! You'll have a hard time making any kind of case on most points you stated.
I didn't skirt any issue. I did call Bush and the NeoCons Fascists, based on the definition you provided. I also listed several examples of Bush/NeoCon policy that is directly in line with the definition YOU provided.

• Rightwing -check - I believe EVERYONE concurs Bush/NeoCons are Rightwing
  • Authoritarian -check [subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom]
  • racism - check [we see this against the arab and latin population daily]
  • intolerant - check [gays, immigration, "science", world view]
  • xenophobia - check [immigration, Muslims]
  • Despotism - check [a form of government in which the ruler is not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition] How many times has that been tried in the past 7 years?
  • jingoism [chauvinistic patriotism] - check
  • anti-Semitism - semi-check [can't decide if Jews are worse that Muslims]
  • Isolationism - check [just count the number of decades long relationships that have folded under this Administration "you are either for us or against us"]

Where you seem utterly confused is when you tried to suggest that because I said that the Bush Administration has many traits that are directly in line with Fascism that also meant I was comparing Bush to Hitler which is an illogical assumption. That is where your argument went askew.

As for historical precedent of decades of tacit approval of illegal immigrants in the country, while I am certainly no lawyer, I do recall several major issues where that very precedent of approval abrogated, or at least mollified the stance of the law. I don't have access to my LexisNexis searchable account from home [borrow that at a friend's office] I will dig it up when I head to his office in a day or so. Since he is the retired Chief Justice of the State Supreme Court, he might just know the answers but knowing him he will make me work for it.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #104 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 06:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

If I had wanted to compare Bush to Hitler, I might have, well...

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #105 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 07:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
Good to see you're developing a sense of humor.
Who on the right points out the $5 Trillion in National Debt W has charged to your kids and grand kids and their kids.
Who else has pointed out the candy man bail out of the Financial Sector at the harm of the individual saver [those who don't want to play in the stock market]
Who else has pointed out the $5 Trillion in Trade Deficit over the past 7 years that has weakened our Dollar, crushed our economy and caused a certain Recession due to reckless fiscal policies.
Who else has pointed out that $20 out of every $100 of your tax dollars go to pay INTEREST on the DEBT that Reagan/Bush or Bushie ran up.
Who else questioned how those magical tax cuts, that "spur" the economy failed to even keep the budget in check [much less "grow" the economy], requiring massive borrowing to keep government running?

Yeppers, fiscal conservative. By the book definition.

McBear,
Kentucky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in