Bush predicts GOP sweeps in November, calls 2008 'fabulous year for Republicans'... - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bush predicts GOP sweeps in November, calls 2008 'fabulous year for Republicans'...

Bush: Downright sunny on GOP's 2008 prospects

President George W. Bush spoke before the National Republican Congressional Committee last night and offered a more positive assessment of his party's chances in November than Republicans are used to hearing.

Some highlights:

-"I don't know about you, but I'm excited about the year 2008. I intend to finish strong, with my head held high. And I intend to work to see to it that we keep the White House and elect John Boehner Speaker of the House of Representatives."

-"First, you're going to be welcoming a new keynote speaker -- President John McCain."

-"I also want to welcome all the candidates who are running for office. You know, it's not an easy decision to make to run for the United States Congress. But it's a noble decision. And it's a tough decision for your families. And so I want to thank you for agreeing to run. I want to thank your families for agreeing to support you. My advice is work hard, talk about what's in your heart, let the people know your values, and win. And I think you will. I think 2008 is going to be a fabulous year for the Republican Party."

-"And the reason why I believe that is because when the American people look at our ideals versus the ideals of the Democrats, when they look at what we believe versus what they believe, they're with us. We represent the values of the American people. Our ideas are the ones embraced by the folks. They may not be the ones that the pundits listen to, but they're the ones who are out working every single day to make America a great and hopeful place. (Applause.)"

-"I firmly believe that we can retake the House. I know we'll hold the White House. And I know it's necessary for the United States of America that we do both."

Yeas and Nays: Bush Downright sunny on GOPs 2008 prospects - Examiner.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Given the choices in the Democratic Party, he may just be right for the first time in 8 years.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau View Post
Given the choices in the Democratic Party, he may just be right for the first time in 8 years.
Seeing that Financial World/US/World Economy is not McCain's strong suite and since you do live a hop, skip and a jump away from DC why can't you get over there and get the word to McCain you have his perfect running mate who is an BWOT Economics Wizard and he can even predict the future when it comes to the economy and he is currently living in Kansas and can be the magic, the new blood for the old tired worn out Republican party.............
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Bush: Downright sunny on GOP's 2008 prospects

"President George W. Bush spoke before the National Republican Congressional Committee last night" ,,, blah, blah, blah

Jayhawk must have written that garbage.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 09:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Seeing that Financial World/US/World Economy is not McCain's strong suite and since you do live a hop, skip and a jump away from DC why can't you get over there and get the word to McCain you have his perfect running mate who is an BWOT Economics Wizard and he can even predict the future when it comes to the economy and he is currently living in Kansas and can be the magic, the new blood for the old tired worn out Republican party.............
You are a day late and penny short. I already had a word with McCain about Jahyhawk. Even an old fool like John won't touch Jayhawk's bullshit with a 10-foot pole.

Sorry, I tried.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 10:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post
Jayhawk must have written that garbage.
I didn't write it, but that is exactly what I have been thinking since Obambi and Clitoris became front-runners for the democrap nomination. How could anyone not see the likely outcome.

Don't believe everything you think
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 10:06 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
He already asked me, but I told him I was too busy here keeping the kookbergers in line. I recommended he ask Gov. Romney!

Don't believe everything you think
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
He already asked me, but I told him I was too busy here keeping the kookbergers in line. I recommended he ask Gov. Romney!
You got bigger things to worry about, "they" know who you are now..............

My Way News - Harvard Says Hacker Broke Into System
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
It's a long way to November and if Hillbillary and Obama don't get their shit together, it very well could be the truth. I've been witnessing the utter implosion of the Democratic party in the last 2 weeks and the vast majority of it is Dean's fault with Bill running a close second. If this keeps up, at this rate, McCain will slide right in. But, you have to remember, McCain's just as liberal as a lot of Democrats, so he has a great chance.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I didn't write it, but that is exactly what I have been thinking since Obambi and Clitoris became front-runners for the democrap nomination. How could anyone not see the likely outcome.
Other than Iraq and the ECONOMY

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in