post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
do you care about your class reunion?

I was watching this show and the people on there remind of the losers that had no friends in highschool so they signed up to reunite with the people who used to take their lunch money and put poo bags in their lockers...I worked hard to get out and get away from all those losers and
ex-girlfriends, why the fuck would I want to reunite with them...on TV no less?...

damn. reality tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 230 1986 560SL 2008 Honda CRV
I'm with you, I got away from that BS years ago and would never go back to visit those people. A couple of years ago my wife and I went camping in that part of the country and ran across a guy I went to school with. Its been allot of years and this guy has not changed one bit. Still has the dead end job and still thinks its the seventies. Sad, sad, sad
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:57 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2006 SLK350
Years ago, I went to my 25th year reunion. I couldn't believe how old all of them looked. I haven't been back to any since, I'm afraid the age thing will rub off on me.

2006 SLK350
Something Silver

“I’m sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we’re Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”
- Hillary Clinton
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 11:06 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 2005 C240-Retired
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My last two years of high school were spent mostly in the 420 Club. Moved on since then, rather not look back on the past. I am looking forward to a healthy retirement.

Mercedes Benz, enough said.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felkhound View Post
Years ago, I went to my 25th year reunion. I couldn't believe how old all of them looked. I haven't been back to any since, I'm afraid the age thing will rub off on me.
LOL..so funny...

I didn't like a lot of those idiots back then so why would a reunion with them make me like them any more?

hey felkhound did you reunite with the potheads of old or did you uncover that prissy little bitch who was Ms.Congeniality as the one who had the bag of purple?...lol

it's funny how the nerds back then want to smoke and get tattoos now.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 11:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
I couldn't care less about it. I've kept in touch with the people who are important to me. I feel no need to go back and compare notes with people so we can see who among us succeeded and who failed. Its a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz rider View Post
it's funny how the nerds back then want to smoke and get tattoos now.
What I find particularly funny is how it seems that the "cool" kids tend to work for the "nerds" nowadays. I still live in the same city I went to HS in, and every so often you'll run into someone from back in the day. Now, 20 years after the fact, it always seems to be those kids who had it all back then who are struggling to get by today. I wonder why that is. About a year ago I did cross paths in a mall parking lot with one of the bullying kids from HS. He greeted me and acted like we were long-lost friends while nothing could be further from the truth. He saw me opening the door to my car and said "wow, you have a Mercedes?" And I looked at him and said "no, I actually have two".

As petty as it sounds the look on his face was satisfying.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon View Post
I couldn't care less about it. I've kept in touch with the people who are important to me. I feel no need to go back and compare notes with people so we can see who among us succeeded and who failed. Its a waste of time.
this is how I feel too. why go back to be tempted to point fingers at
"Mr Highschool" who, at the time was the man, now he's a garbage man.
just not worth it.

Quote:
What I find particularly funny is how it seems that the "cool" kids tend to work for the "nerds" nowadays.
hahaha...so true.

Quote:
I still live in the same city I went to HS in, and every so often you'll run into someone from back in the day. Now, 20 years after the fact, it always seems to be those kids who had it all back then who are struggling to get by today. I wonder why that is.
that was mommy's money they used to flaunt in your face back then. nowadays, they can't even fill out an application...lol

Quote:
About a year ago I did cross paths in a mall parking lot with one of the bullying kids from HS. He greeted me and acted like we were long-lost friends while nothing could be further from the truth. He saw me opening the door to my car and said "wow, you have a Mercedes?" And I looked at him and said "no, I actually have two".As petty as it sounds the look on his face was satisfying.
LOL...yeah that's it... I ran into a bully too. he turned out to be a 2-time
ex-con looking for work. he saw me and how much muscle I've gained and damn near fainted. I was almost daring him to try something.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 1991 190e 2.3 auto
When I got the notice of my 10 year reunion, I was sitting at home with my brother and 8 of my buds from High school.... I saw no need to go to a fancy reunion to see the same guys I was playing poker with... If I wanted to see the rest of my friends from back then, all I have to do is head down to one of the many fast food joints in town....
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I went to my 10th. Found out the Mr. Football was then fat and depressed. I met two of my friends and their wives. All nice. Saw that the ones that folks ignored in school seemed to have blossomed into successful people while the one's that "had it all" were still trying to "find it all".

I went to my 15th and saw my two friends with the same two wives [only they were each married to a different one now]. Mr. Football had eaten a bullet. Most of the trying to "find it all" were still looking.

Out of my class of 88 graduates [only 3 did not go to college] by 2000 there were only 54 alive. Between Viet Nam, the mines, health issues, suicides and accidents [and two murders] we have a very high attrition rate.

We have not scheduled any reunions since. Just as well.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:45 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Never. Actually reminds me, I ran into a girl I grew up with when I went to church a few weeks ago at my aging parents behest. She is divorced, with a child, depressed, and blown away by how good she thought I looked. Typical.

Last edited by Shane; 03-12-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in