LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Age 19. '73 VW Fastback--dark foggy night, attempting to cross a busy 45mph road. It was hard to see, so I foolishly relied upon my passenger to tell me how it looked on his side. Got T-boned by a Toyota truck and thrown into the Dodge Dart across the street. Three totaled vehicles + no insurance = financial pain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 2003 C320 Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Age 19. '73 VW Fastback--dark foggy night, attempting to cross a busy 45mph road. It was hard to see, so I foolishly relied upon my passenger to tell me how it looked on his side. Got T-boned by a Toyota truck and thrown into the Dodge Dart across the street. Three totaled vehicles + no insurance = financial pain
Yeah the tarus i had an accident in was my grandmothers, i bought my first car (the 2003 c320) and i am only 19, my insurance is ridicuolus, at least for my budget, 300+ dollars a month makes me sad but i wont give up the benz.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 10:42 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
January 1982, east bound on my to work in a 1963 Oldsmobile Holiday 88 2 door hard top with a Stage IV Buick 455 and Turbo 400. Lady traveling west bound made a left hand turn, I saw but a flash of white, and never made it to the brakes, hitting her at 45mph. Knocked her Pontiac Astre backwards 50 feet spinning it around three times. I went off of her and hit the light pole on the southeast corner of the intersection. The throttle stuck wide open and the trans jammed in reverse. The police report measured 110 paces of scratch, in reverse, diagonally across the intersection to the north west corner. With no steering, or brakes or gear shift, I backed up over the side walk taking out the fire hydrant and leaving the oil pan at the curb. After crossing the lawn the car backed into the living room of the condo on the corner. Went completely into the room stopping only when the couch became wedged between the rear bumper and the far wall, lifting the wheels off of the floor. The engine max revved for another 30 seconds and then grenaded from lack of oil. Later while on a back board in the front yard I found out there was a child in the other car. Took another 15 minutes to get word that the 2 year old had been in a car seat, and had gotten nary a bump or scratch. That 15 minutes was the worst in my life for quite some time.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 10:45 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Seriously, the most memorable wipe out was back in the day when my roommate Frank and I completely devoured a bottle of Southern Comfort 101 in my parents back yard and were heading to the (new technology) ATM to get more money for more booze, or coke, or quaaludes, or something. Anyway, Frank was doing about 60 down Orchard Street (posted speed is 25) and fucking nailed a yuppie in a Saab coming out of the alley. It was a guy about 30 with his wife and child in a child seat which at that time was purely an option.

We were fucked up and all staggery, like

There was no doubt about it. The responding officers were 2 extremely cute female CPD officers.
They actually issued the yup a ticket for failure to yield. Frank and I went on our way and purchased the booze, or coke, or quaaludes, or something and spent the rest of the evening saying, "Did that really just happen?"

YouTube - Car Accident - Dane Cook

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I always heard 'vettes are nasty about snapping around once they get a little too far out of shape. Thought the older ones were worse though. The wife was driving the SC 400 to work one day when the weather got bad, and on the way home, hit some ice and spun it a bit. Clipped the front quarter panel making it hard to open the driver's door. Plaza Lexus in STL is a shit body shop, by the way.

Happened again when one of my co-workers blindly backed into the same quarter panel (years later)...the body shop here is a lot better, but you could still tell. Sad. Lining up the panels on an SC 400 is a pain in the ass. Paint looked great though.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 11:10 PM
worst mod in BW history

Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Lifetime Premium Member
Sorry, but I have to say that you 4-wheelers are a collective bunch of boobs. Spinning out in a car is so avoidable providing you don't fag out and grab your jowls when faced with an icy condition. I see people driving Pontiacs all day like they're in a freaking race, they spinout and look really foolish. It appears that all you have to do is lay a flattened wing on the back of a car and you're automatically a pro racer.

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
1997 in Nashvegas on my way home from a date at 2am in my 1989 Range Rover. As I approached a green light I caught glimpses of a speeding truck through the trees and I wondered how they were going to stop. Truck, Ford F150, ran the red and my 50 mph Rover hit on the front left wheel and driver's door. My Rover did a 180 degree spin and stopped in 25 feet. Ford rolled two times into a telephone pole. Driver and passenger were both unbuckled. Driver somehow ok but his date in the passenger seat was not. She had a glass orange juice bottle between her legs and had severed a major artery and shot glass up into her privates. The broken legs and ribs were the least of her problems. While her boyfriend ran around like an idiot I helped to stop the bleeding while she screamed for her mother, a sound I remember today. Ambulance arrived fast but could not move her for thirty minutes as they tried to stop the bleeding. She survived and spent six months in a wheelchair. State Farm Insurance, mother fuckers, denied all her medical bills until her family sued the boyfriend and his insurance company. We humans are fragile.

1971 300SEL 6.3
1985 280TE 5spd
1986 190E 2.3-16V
1986 300E 5spd 24hoursoflemons car.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 11:38 PM
worst mod in BW history

Lifetime Premium Member
Devils advocate:

My penis has spent a considerable amount of time attempting to mind-meld itself though pants and panties. How did said glass wrangle this hot potato?

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 2005 C240-Retired
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was about 17 a friend of mine had a Gold spray painted pinto with a green drivers door.( Ran short on the Krylon ). He hated the car so we took it out to the levee road and launched it off into a tomato field and rolled it about 4 times. Good thing we had our Motorcycle helmets on.

MCBEAR, I have about 1,760,000 accident free miles with my Class A. Most of them Gas Tanker. Props to all truck drivers that learn to stay out the way of idiot drivers.

Mercedes Benz, enough said.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 01:45 AM
worst mod in BW history

Lifetime Premium Member
This place is turning into CDL Hell.....Hello? Come in?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in