Religions Now really! tell me..... - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2k SlK230 / 2KSlk320 / 2000 Toyota Tacoma, 95 Land Rover D90 (done) Now looking for a series IIA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Religions Now really! tell me.....

Hmmmm it does seems to me that it certainly does no make any differents what religion one talks about they all seems to really be a total pile of bullshit.

Like just read the copy and paste below and? No it's not a islam one this time however to me I really do not see all that much differents since both just like several others I read about and have had recent first hand run in with are full of hate and lies..... oh come on now really there is absolutly nothing different! all of them are full of bullshit and liars out for personel gains and power.

Back in the Middle Ages, the Inquisition was a byword for fear and terror in Europe. Its tribunals, set up by the Vatican to ensure that "heretics" did not undermine the authority of the increasingly powerful Roman Catholic Church, burned and tortured witches, blasphemers and members of other faiths. Its judges condemned Galileo for saying that the Earth revolved around the Sun and executed thousands over the course of several centuries. Often, the best that the condemned could hope for was that they'd be strangled before being set alight at the stake.

Now, after centuries of secrecy on the subject, the Vatican has launched a new phase in its campaign to show that the Inquisition wasn't so bad after all. Church authorities have unveiled a temporary "Rare and Precious" exhibition at Rome's Vittoriano Museum to "expose some myths" about this dark chapter of its past. The exhibit is also intended as a modern-day object lesson for governments and armies—particularly those in the United States and Europe—who torture enemies and suspected terrorists, says curator Marco Pizzo. Not only does the church have an obligation to expose its own mistakes, he says, but the exhibit is also meant to help foster understanding of the complex nature of the church's history.

The "rare and precious" artifacts do not include notorious objects like racks or impaling tools. Rather, the 60 items on show for free to the public show just how much control the church exerted over the daily lives of medieval Europeans. The display includes documents about the church's restrictions on the movement of Jews, instructions for persecuting Protestants—including by hanging—and the "correction" of a Crucifixion drawing that removes blood spurting from the knees of Jesus. There are 18th-century maps outlining the ghettos of Rome, Ancona and Ferrara, depicting where Jews could live in pink or yellow and where they were allowed to keep businesses in blue. There are documents with handwritten regulations describing when Jewish women could be out of the gated areas and what they could wear. There are sketches of prisons and extensive lists of banned books and written edicts, like one from 1611 that outlines how inquisitors should comport themselves both on the job and off and an illustration showing what their children should wear to school and to the beach. The investigators are even told what pajamas are acceptable.

Other documents target game hunters and fishermen who were thought to be poaching from Vatican grounds. And then there's a gem-encrusted pastoral staff taken in the 19th-century from a man who was condemned to death for claiming he was a saint. "The Inquisitors had authority in areas ranging from iconography and the way images of saints and prelates could be portrayed," says Pizzo. "Everything had to be seen and controlled by the Holy Office, one way or another to defend the integrity of the faith, not just to repress."

This isn't the first time that the church has tried to show that the judges of the Inquisition were not as brutal as previously believed. In 2004, the Vatican published an 800-page report claiming that of those investigated as heretics by the notorious Spanish Inquisition—which became independent of Rome in the 15th century—only 1.8 percent were actually executed. Nonetheless, Pope John Paul II famously referred to the church's 700-year campaign against heresy as a "tormented phase" and the "greatest error in the church's history". Several years earlier, he had officially cleared Galileo and said that while the Inquisition acted in good
faith "they were wrong." (The original condemnation order against Galileo can be seen on the Web site featuring the Vatican's secret archives.)

The decision to finally display these intriguing elements of the church's darkest period to the general public arose from a joint effort between Vatican City and the city of Rome to reconcile Italy's complicated history and satisfy the desire for more transparency from the Catholic church. However, the artifacts on temporary display—the exhibition is being held for just a few weeks to limit damage to the delicate ancient parchments—represent only a small faction of the church's records of the period. Monsignor Alejandro Cifres of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, who co-curated the show, won't say what else is still in the archives. The pieces on display, he says, "are the most representative of the church's motives and actions." For those seeking the ultimate truth about the Inquisition, that answer is unlikely to be enough.

© 2008 Newsweek, Inc.

Well, it's about time the truth is unveiled about the abhorant and vile actions of the church in the name of "God".
It is truly .. in the name of GREED and POWER. That is why the church was started and why it exists today. It has nothing to do with faith or belief or true power. The past has all been about greed and power and control.... Time to stop that and help people to see their true spirit within themselves, seperate from the church (any church) and more powerful than the church.We don't need churches and dogma to believe or to manifest good in our lives. Just decide what you want, ask for it, prepare to recieve it, be grateful and watch your life EXPAND! The Universe ( GOD) wants you to succeed ... wants you to be successful... GO FOR IT!!!!!!

There are very, very few groups in history that have unblemished pasts. The bible tells of Caananites being smited by Hebrews. Early Christians were persecuted by pagan Romans, later Catholics persecuted Protestants, Protestants in England under Elizabeth I killed Catholics, Catholics under several popes killed Jews, Hindus and Moslems have clashed in India, the Russian Orthodox Church sponsored ehnic pogroms against the Jews of Russian, different ethnic African tribes have engaged in warfare against other tribes, Native Americans engaged in warfare with each other and were in turn slaughtered by Europeans, the Shia and the Sunni of today carry on the same way Catholics and Protestants did last century in Ireland, and the same way Jews and Moslems desicrate Jerusalem, the Taliban denigrates women, and the American military practices Rendition. I don't know my Asian history well, but I seem to recall Ghengis Khan was not a nice man, nor were the Japanese before WWII, and Mao has much to answer for.

The Vatican has much to answer for, but so do we all.

Hate is an equal opportunity employer.

It is an exercise in futility to try to justify the evil of one group by downplaying the evil of another. Once we separate into Us and Them, we are all doomed to repeat the tragedies of history.

Sadly, so much of the rhetoric posted here perpetuates stereotypes, ignorance, lies, hatred and bigotry.

After 5000+ years of "civilization," we haven't learned a thing.

Once again, the Catholic Church hopes to sweep their sins under the carpet. Similar types of sin are found in the Catholic Church today in their hiding of pedophiles and support of these actions, not to mention the gay priests that are still in the "confessional closet". I'm sure in another 500 years, the Pope-De-Jour will come out with an 800 page report telling the masses that the problem was not as bad as it was portrayed.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 06:56 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by MBLR
Religions <snip> portrayed.

Much easier on the eyes.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2k SlK230 / 2KSlk320 / 2000 Toyota Tacoma, 95 Land Rover D90 (done) Now looking for a series IIA
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
Much easier on the eyes.
LOL sorryee for such a long assed posting however it really kinda puts it all in a nutshell about all types of religions since every one of them

1. wants your money.
2. says that they are the ones that are right.
3. are really like so totaly full of shit they can not even smell their own pile crap.
4. they for the most part of it eat their own Excrement and really like it.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Surely A Large Human
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
It's the world's 2nd oldest profession - organized salvation. The oldest old "protection" racket.

No more free lunch. Open the books, audit the motherfuckers, tax them into oblivion.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 09:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Nov 2005
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 03:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1118 Post(s)
Fucking dung beetles ! they make me spew ! like the American evangelical's and the typical bullshit that is packed within and the ethno-exclusive apartheid state: Israel or the1.5 billion Muslims who complain about how less than 1% of the world's population (The Evil Yids!!!) dominate them and humiliate them all day long, these people are just full of shit and lies, they stifle humanity and abuse all of it's rights.
Attached Images
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 04:35 AM
Outstanding Contributor
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Look at catholocism and its links to the Mafia, yes they are on the same family tree. Catholocism and the IRA, yes they are on the same tree. But I do hold faith in individuals such as Mother Terresa, she genuinley cared for others. Our faith should be in people like her who dont preach but care and do something real for humanity.

I care for the people who dedicate their entire life to the underdog, they are the true saints of this world and I give my respect to such people.

I still believe that religion has been the cause of most wars, politics account for the rest. But politics and religion are also connected.

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: