post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Overblown Ego Syndrome

Here's an idiotic, disrespectful boob who apparently thinks he's pretty damed important. These guys are running amok in our country, and kudos to McCain for the bitch slap.

Quote:
CINCINNATI, Ohio (CNN) -- A conservative radio talk-show host said that "he's had it up to here" with Sen. John McCain after the GOP presidential candidate repudiated the commentator's remarks about Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama at a campaign event.

"John McCain threw me under a bus -- under the 'Straight Talk Express,' " Bill Cunningham told CNN on Tuesday, referring to McCain's campaign bus.

Earlier Tuesday, Cunningham spoke at a McCain campaign event in Cincinnati and called Obama a "hack, Chicago-style Daley politician."

"All is going to be right with the world when the great prophet from Chicago takes the stand, and the world leaders who want to kill us will simply be singing 'Kumbaya' around the table of Barack Obama," the commentator told the crowd.

Cunningham, known for his flame-throwing style, repeatedly used Obama's middle name -- Hussein -- during his remarks, made as a warm-up for the audience waiting to hear McCain speak.

In his first public comment since Tuesday's event, Cunningham defended his use of Hussein, which he called "a proud Muslim name."

"I have nothing but respect for my Muslim brothers and sisters," he said. "The ones who oppose that particular name, they're the ones with the problem, not me. His name is Barack Hussein Obama."

The radio-show host also compared Clinton unfavorably to first lady Laura Bush during the rally.

McCain, who was not onstage as Cunningham spoke, said he was told about the "disparaging remarks."

"I absolutely repudiate such comments, and again I will take responsibility -- it will never happen again. It will never happen again," he said.

In a statement, Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said that McCain's remarks were appreciated: "It is a sign that if there is a McCain-Obama general election, it can be intensely competitive, but the candidates will attempt to keep it respectful and focused on issues."

Cunningham said McCain "ought to attack Democrats and quit attacking conservatives like me."

"I, for one, regret that John McCain is the nominee of the conservative party," he said.

Cunningham told CNN that organizers in Cincinnati asked him to speak.

"They told me to fire up the crowd ... get them fired up and give them some red meat," he said.

Local campaign workers confirmed Cunningham's account.

Cunningham also disputed McCain's contention that the two had never met, saying he has met the senator twice.

"But I'm not going to meet him again. I've had it up to here with John McCain. I'm joining Ann Coulter in supporting Hillary Rodham Clinton," he said.

McCain staffers said the senator does not recall meeting Cunningham, but it is possible that they may have done so briefly at an event.

"But does Sen. McCain know him? No," an aide said.

McCain has drawn criticism from other conservative voices, including radio hosts Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham, Hugh Hewitt and Lars Larson.

The senator from Arizona has been at odds with some of the GOP's conservative base for his stance on immigration, support of campaign finance reform and his votes against President Bush's tax cuts. McCain has said he would make the Bush tax cuts permanent.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 09:46 AM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
"John McCain threw me under a bus"
hahahaha....fkin twat
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 10:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I love this guy. He was on Hannity and Colmes last night and I have never seen a man who personifies the term "right wing nut job". Colmes played him like a violin, pushing his buttons until he turned into a foaming at the mouth Coulterish fucktard. I bet he was worth a million votes to the Democrats. Check out this shitball's website:

700WLW - THE BIG ONE

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 04:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Mirror, mirror
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
I love this guy. He was on Hannity and Colmes last night and I have never seen a man who personifies the term "right wing nut job". Colmes played him like a violin, pushing his buttons until he turned into a foaming at the mouth Coulterish fucktard. I bet he was worth a million votes to the Democrats. Check out this shitball's website:

700WLW - THE BIG ONE
Whatever was on his website is just a buncha white space now...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 05:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
700WLW - THE BIG ONE

Oh, and if you want to send him a friendly email, willie@700wlw.com

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 02-27-2008 at 05:32 PM.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
These guys are all showing their true colors now, attacking McCain for attempting to run a (relatively) respectful campaign. If there's one thing right-wing radio wackos cannot tolerate it seems to be common decency and respect (OK, I know that's two things, but there you go). How sad....

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 06:03 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
He really looks like an inbred
or one of those kids I used to take their lunch money back in high school
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
A man of unabashed principle

1. Cunningham supports McCain to the tune of stomping for him at a rally
2. McCain apologizes for disrespectful remarks and promises to run a more respectful campaign
3. Cunningham immediately endorses Hillary Clinton

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 06:23 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Another proof of Hillary being loved by right wingers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in