LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
$%%^$^ UPS truck

So I was sitting on this red light this morning on the way to Richmond at 8:30 on Route 301 south bound in my Infiniti G35. I just crossed the Potomac into Virginia. Light turned green, slowly pulled out, and all in a sudden a UPS 18 wheeler decided to pull out of the Sheeze gas station. Not only did he pulled out in the last minute, he took over the entire two lanes. I was doing about 30 and heading straight into the container. I knew my car would not clear the bottom of the container and unless I wanted to make my G into a convertible, I better stomped on the brakes with two feet. The brakes worked as designed, but not the arsehole's Mustang behind me. I stopped in the lick of time just feet before I had my head chopped off, but the Mustang plowed into me. I never knew what hit me and all I saw was smoke and the smell of rubber. The Mustang had to be traveling faster than 30 when he slammed into me.

I was in the left lane. I could not get into the right becase a SUV was there and the driver had the wheels all locked up too. I could not go any further to the left or I would have a head-on. I was so screwed.

To top it off, the fvcking truck driver took one look and left the scene. I called 911 immediately and when the trooper showed up, the first thing I said was to radio in and had another cruiser go after the UPS truck.

They caught him about 6 miles down the road.

30 minutes later I drove by and pulled up to the truck. Got out and looked at the fat motherfvcker. The trooper advised me not to go near him to avoid a confrontation. So I waited till the trooper got back into his car, right before I drove off, I told the fat fvck I will make sure he will never drive a commercial vehicle for the rest of his miserable life. While I stopped, I look a bunch of pix of the truck and contacted UPS World HQ in Atlanta. Filed a complaint and told them to wait to hear from my lawyer for their employees negligence.

I feel OK right now, but wish I had rolled out of the car and laid on the ground as soon as I came to a stop. I would have been retired this morning and let the insurance money come rolling in. Oh well, hind sight is 20/20. But wait........haven't I heard there is always a delayed reaction to spine and nerve damages???? Wow, all is not lost yet.

So I know a few of you guys been in accidents before. How much an accident depreciates my car?

This is my first accident EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	177.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	164665   Click image for larger version

Name:	178.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	164666   Click image for larger version

Name:	180.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	164667   Click image for larger version

Name:	181.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	164668   Click image for larger version

Name:	182.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	164669  

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204

Last edited by elau; 02-25-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:37 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
You better delete most of what you said before the insurance company reads it.
Glad you made it Elau that's all that counts really!
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Yeah, I would have deleted it all if I were out to get rich quick but I am not. Nothing to fear if your heart is pure.

Althought that did come across my mind :-)

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Not a lot of damage for being hit by a car doing 30...you were very lucky indeed.

Good on you for getting the cops involved, and good on them for responding. Hang the sumbitch.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Being able to walk away from an accident is the most important part, think about it you could have gone under the trailer and the rear wheels go over your car, makes me shiver

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Not a lot of damage for being hit by a car doing 30...you were very lucky indeed.

Good on you for getting the cops involved, and good on them for responding. Hang the sumbitch.
Funny you mentined that. When I first called UPS to file a complaint, they actually denied it was their truck!!!!! Even with the big arse UPS logo on the side.

When I first told the Freight Manager the truck number involved, the yoyo had the balls to deny it was a UPS truck number. So I told the fvcker I was sending him all the pix I took of the truck via e-mail, as well as the accident case number from King George County Sheriff's Department. I want to see how much big corporations think they can get away with things. If they really piss me off, I may just slam them a law suit if nothing else just to show them I am not afraid. I am thinking to contacting CNN for a story next. I will go all the way to the top if I have to. Now I am waiting to see what the Manager have to say tomorrow since I sent him the pixs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	168.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	164670  

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
An added note. I find many truckers although are genuine hard working people, many more are getting to be very agressive on the open road. I dispise to drive on Interstate 81 for that reason. That road has been hijacked for truckers and they will assume to run people over than letting you to pass. They would go uphill doing 40 on the fast lane and god forbid if you are in a hurry.

It is truckers like those that I don't feel sorry when I hear irrated drivers taking pot shots at the trucks.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204

Last edited by elau; 02-25-2008 at 10:19 PM.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Typical UPS - BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by elau View Post
Funny you mentined that. When I first called UPS to file a complaint, they actually denied it was their truck!!!!! Even with the big arse UPS logo on the side.

When I first told the Freight Manager the truck number involved, the yoyo had the balls to deny it was a UPS truck number. So I told the fvcker I was sending him all the pix I took of the truck via e-mail, as well as the accident case number from King George County Sheriff's Department. I want to see how much big corporations think they can get away with things. If they really piss me off, I may just slam them a law suit if nothing else just to show them I am not afraid. I am thinking to contacting CNN for a story next. I will go all the way to the top if I have to. Now I am waiting to see what the Manager have to say tomorrow since I sent him the pixs.
Fuck them.

LIsten, this is what happened to me: this was some years ago, but you would never forget this, believe you me:

My big Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale coupe, stopped in traffic on Polk St. Near Turk, in San Francisco (about a block and a half away from SF City Hall was rammed hard in the rear by a UPS delivery truck. Luckily for me, those cars were big (This Olds was one of the big RWD BOF V8s)

When I called UPS about this, afterwards, this is what he (Their supervisor - told me

"We will not pay to have your car fixed, because we have had TOO MANY claims against us for accidents like this one, so we will not pay them any more."

UFB.

After I recovered from my utter shock and disbelief, I went after those fuckers like an enraged tiger.

And got paid.

SO YOU GO AFTER THEM WITH ALL YOU HAVE IN YOU, TOO.

You > UPS.

Bloody nerve of them, saying that.

Would that BS really *work* to scare off people that had their cars rear ended by their drivers.

And BTW, has anyone around here ever noticed their uniforms are ALWAYS SHORT PANTS, 365 days a year, 24/7, even when it is snowing? WTF is up with that?

They supposedly have an employees Union, for the drivers, and they get paid well for what they do, but they get the hell worked out of them and physically really worn down. Anyone else hear that?

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<

Last edited by cascade; 02-25-2008 at 11:09 PM.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 12:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
All worked up over a fender bender
or is it a crushed coke can from the likes of it ?
Your pics reveal how thin the Jap skin is.
Oh, one more thing, perhaps the G is too fast for you. I suggest trading it in
for an ML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elau View Post
So I was sitting on this red light this morning on the way to Richmond at 8:30 on Route 301 south bound in my Infiniti G35. I just crossed the Potomac into Virginia. Light turned green, slowly pulled out, and all in a sudden a UPS 18 wheeler decided to pull out of the Sheeze gas station. Not only did he pulled out in the last minute, he took over the entire two lanes. I was doing about 30 and heading straight into the container. I knew my car would not clear the bottom of the container and unless I wanted to make my G into a convertible, I better stomped on the brakes with two feet. The brakes worked as designed, but not the arsehole's Mustang behind me. I stopped in the lick of time just feet before I had my head chopped off, but the Mustang plowed into me. I never knew what hit me and all I saw was smoke and the smell of rubber. The Mustang had to be traveling faster than 30 when he slammed into me.

I was in the left lane. I could not get into the right becase a SUV was there and the driver had the wheels all locked up too. I could not go any further to the left or I would have a head-on. I was so screwed.

To top it off, the fvcking truck driver took one look and left the scene. I called 911 immediately and when the trooper showed up, the first thing I said was to radio in and had another cruiser go after the UPS truck.

They caught him about 6 miles down the road.

30 minutes later I drove by and pulled up to the truck. Got out and looked at the fat motherfvcker. The trooper advised me not to go near him to avoid a confrontation. So I waited till the trooper got back into his car, right before I drove off, I told the fat fvck I will make sure he will never drive a commercial vehicle for the rest of his miserable life. While I stopped, I look a bunch of pix of the truck and contacted UPS World HQ in Atlanta. Filed a complaint and told them to wait to hear from my lawyer for their employees negligence.

I feel OK right now, but wish I had rolled out of the car and laid on the ground as soon as I came to a stop. I would have been retired this morning and let the insurance money come rolling in. Oh well, hind sight is 20/20. But wait........haven't I heard there is always a delayed reaction to spine and nerve damages???? Wow, all is not lost yet.

So I know a few of you guys been in accidents before. How much an accident depreciates my car?

This is my first accident EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mlfun; 02-26-2008 at 12:39 AM.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
All worked up over a fender bender
or is it a crushed coke can from the likes of it ?
Your pics reveal how thin the Jap skin is.
Oh, one more thing, perhaps the G is too fast for you. I suggest trading it in
for an ML.
It's not about the fender bender. It is about the principle of causing an accident and leaving the scene. Basically; irrepsonsibility on the truck driver part.

I wonder what would you do if you are in my shoes? By the way, if you read carefully. I was rear ended. So maybe it has nothing to do with how fast the G is?

BTW, I did own a ML. Look up my signature from a few years ago. I gave that to my ex as divorce settlement.

I honestly think the car held up pretty good given it was a 30 to 35 mph impact.

Your comment makes me question your integrity. Frankly.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in