The signs are everywhere, "movement" conservatism is dying - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Next to "neo-con" in the dictionary is a picture of you dressed up like a dolled-up whore.
I might've known your dictionary would have pictures.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:22 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Strange you mention that. We had this very conversation in town less than a week ago. We got Bush due to a guy with a sex addiction.

I suppose the true cynic would say that if Hillary...nevermind.
Oh yeah, and we have said it

Meanwhile, do you think she's going to bring the Party down with her now? She doesn't appear to have the grace to back down in the face of something as trivial as public preference. Yes, March 4 will make all the difference, but still.
post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
Oh yeah, and we have said it

Meanwhile, do you think she's going to bring the Party down with her now? She doesn't appear to have the grace to back down in the face of something as trivial as public preference. Yes, March 4 will make all the difference, but still.
That group hates to lose. I saw something today that said that unless she runs the table with Texas, Ohio AND Penn she would have no legitimate claim on the Superdelegates.

So it really comes down to how much trash she is willing to throw between now and March 4. I would hope that their campaign would keep the discourse professional but I really doubt that will be the case. The dirty work will be done by agents provocateur from whom she can quickly distance herself.

I would think that if March 4 goes bad for her, she will have no choice but to back off but again, I DO NOT believe they consider loss an option.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:41 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
That group hates to lose.
That's kind of the crux of the matter. The Klintons worship power for its own sake, and have proven capable of just about anything to achieve & maintain it.

Somewhat paradoxically, it's the very same thing which has compromised their public support.
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
That's kind of the crux of the matter. The Klintons worship power for its own sake, and have proven capable of just about anything to achieve & maintain it.

Somewhat paradoxically, it's the very same thing which has compromised their public support.
Back in 2000 there was a contingent of Democrats that didn't really support Gore simply because he acted as though he was "supposed" to be next in line, that he was heir apparent to the Clinton White House.

It looks like there is a group of Democrats that are reacting that very same way now. There is a big difference between the two, however. At least Gore was running on HIS record, not THEIR record. I think that is causing a rift that will be problematic.

All that said, if she gets the nomination, the Party will rally around her as there does seem to be a very strong movement to insure that there is not "more of the same".

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #16 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:57 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Lifetime Premium Member
Maybe the Party will rally around her, but so far as getting indies & repubs to join in, not so much. There are all too many people (like myself) that will have immense difficulty voting for someone we know to be completely unprincipled.
post #17 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Pendulumatic swings don't end so much as give way for the time being. Their usurpers movements having, like a torrent, little control over the nature of the change they usher in.

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #18 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Maybe the Party will rally around her, but so far as getting indies & repubs to join in, not so much. There are all too many people (like myself) that will have immense difficulty voting for someone we know to be completely unprincipled.
And that brings up the Bloomberg question.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #19 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A264172 View Post
Pendulumatic swings don't end so much as give way for the time being. Their usurpers movements having, like a torrent, little control over the nature of the change they usher in.
Exactly right.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #20 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by A264172 View Post
There are still people who are pissed at Theodore Roosevelt for his part in what is considered the breakup of the original Republican Party. So the pendulum CAN come crashing to a halt. The NeoCons seem to be in a similar self destruct mode right now [time will tell if that is accurate]. And interestingly, a post NeoCon Republican Party might just be a reflection of the original Republican Party that ol' Teddy ripped asunder back in Decade1 of the last century.

McBear,
Kentucky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in