Damn Shame...........Amy Winehouse Visa Vetoed........... - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 08:42 PM
CH4S Artist
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
She is going to be crushed. Dope is so much cheaper here.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Always Remembered RIP
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
She is going to be crushed. Dope is so much cheaper here.
I assume you know that from your extensive experience working in the Los Angeles/Hollywood music business, correct?

<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 09:19 PM
CH4S Artist
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Can a non Citizen plead the Fifth?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 09:47 PM
worst mod in BW history
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Damn, they gave her the John & Yoko treatment.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Cruise Control
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon/'01 EV Weekender
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1419 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I don't care what anyone says...she's a talented drug addicted whore. I like her "work"
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
No talent drug addict whore.
Q, everyone deserves a 2nd chance, well everyone except that lying skanky shitbag whore of a snake in the grass bitch......Hillary not Amy

Amy Winehouse grabs 5 Grammys

LOS ANGELES - Amy Winehouse may have been physically absent from the Grammy Awards on Sunday, but her presence was strong as the famously troubled singer won five trophies, including song and record of the year for her autobiographical hit "Rehab."

Sprung from a rehabilitation clinic to perform via satellite from London, Winehouse delivered a stirring, defiant performance of the hit that has defined her recent fall from grace. When her win for record of the year was announced, she appeared speechless and was enveloped in hugs from her band.

Kanye West, who had a leading eight nominations, also won four awards: best rap album for "Graduation," best solo performance for "Stronger," best rap song for "Good Life" and best rap performance by a duo or group for his collaboration with Common on "Southside."

West delivered an electric, glow-in-the-dark rendition of "Stronger," then segued into a stirring tribute to his mother, Donda West, who died unexpectedly last year at age 58. "Last night I saw you in my dreams, and now I can't wait to go to sleep," sang West, dressed in all black and with MAMA etched into his haircut, as he launched into "Hey Mama," a celebratory tune from his second album that has now turned into a somber ode.

When West accepted the best rap album trophy, the orchestra was trying to play him off the stage when he began speaking about his mother.

"It would be in good taste to stop the music," West said — and the music stopped.

"I know you're really proud of me right now and I know you want me to be the No. 1 artist in the world and Mama," West continued, "all I'm going to do is keep making you proud. We run this."

The Grammys, celebrating its 50th year, emphasized its history with its very first performance. Alicia Keys, glammed-up with a '50s style, sat at the piano and sang "Learnin' the Blues" along with a black-and-white video performance from the late legend Frank Sinatra.

"Frank Sinatra looked good for 150, didn't he," Prince joked moments later before introducing Alicia Keys as the winner for best female R&B vocal for her smash "No One."

Later, the cast from Cirque Du Soleil's "Love" Beatles' show and the cast of the Beatles-inspired movie "Across the Universe" paid tribute to the Fab Four as Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono and George Harrison's widow Olivia Harrison watched from the audience.

It was a hot-legs competition when Tina Turner teamed up with Beyonce on "Proud Mary." The senior citizen kept up with her younger counterpart, showcasing her famous dance moves while wearing a tight-fitting silver bustier and pantsuit.

Carrie Underwood was an early performer with her revenge anthem, "Before He Cheats," which earned two Grammys, including for best female country vocal performance.

Bruce Springsteen took three pre-show Grammys, including best rock song for "Radio Nowhere." Other early winners included the White Stripes, Justin Timberlake and Mary J. Blige with two each, the Foo Fighters, Herbie Hancock and even Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama for best spoken-word album.

Though the pre-telecast ceremony, where most of the Grammys' 110 categories are doled out, is usually low on star-wattage, there were several big names on hand to accept their trophies, including Underwood, the Foos and Brad Paisley.

"You couldn't keep me from actually getting this myself — it's not the same when someone else gets this on your behalf," said Underwood.

In any other year, West would have been the main storyline thanks to his history of awards-show tirades, his huge album "Graduation" and the shocking death of his mother. But the absent Winehouse, up for six trophies, threatened to upstage West and everyone else.

The 24-year-old singer-songwriter's personal life has fallen apart over the past year as her career blossomed. As the ceremony approached, suspense built over whether she would appear. She was rejected Thursday for a U.S. work visa, and Grammy producers arranged for her to perform via telecast. Soon afterward, the U.S. government reversed itself and approved Winehouse, but it was too late for her to make the cross-continental trek.

The retro-soul singer also won best pop vocal album for "Back to Black" and best female pop vocals.

Besides West and Winehouse, the other album of the year contenders were the Foo Fighters' "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace," Vince Gill's "These Days," and Herbie Hancock's "River: The Joni Letters."

For record of the year, Winehouse's "Rehab" was competing against Beyonce's "Irreplaceable," Rihanna's "Umbrella," "The Pretender" by the Foo Fighters and Justin Timberlake's "What Goes Around ... Comes Around."

Winehouse dominates Grammys from afar - Yahoo! News
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: