the cables may have been cut deliberately in an attempt by the US and Israel to...... - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Membership withdrawn by request
 
Von Vorschlag's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Location: the pale blue dot
Posts: 19,563
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
You got to change bait boy, they are not biting anymore............
That’s because your both old men with no teeth and saggy arses, maybe I need a longer line to reach the bottom were the bottom feeders dwell, and I think you'll find that traditionally it's you that has been called BOY, boy.
Von Vorschlag is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag View Post
That’s because your both old men with no teeth and saggy arses, maybe I need a longer line to reach the bottom were the bottom feeders dwell, and I think you'll find that traditionally it's you that has been called BOY, boy.
Well I do still feel as young as a boy, old man but then a 29 yr old 45 kg wife will do that to ya...........
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Membership withdrawn by request
 
Von Vorschlag's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Location: the pale blue dot
Posts: 19,563
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Well I do still feel as young as a boy, old man but then a 29 yr old 45 kg wife will do that to ya...........
What you saying ? you feel a ladyboy and why would anyone what to know his weight?, TMI.
Von Vorschlag is offline  
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag View Post
What you saying ? you feel a ladyboy and why would anyone what to know his weight?, TMI.

Your comprehension level is as bad as always, good luck with that, hope you work out your problems............
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Membership withdrawn by request
 
Von Vorschlag's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Location: the pale blue dot
Posts: 19,563
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Your comprehension level is as bad as always, good luck with that, hope you work out your problems............
bite bite bite can't stop yourself can you, lol, nothing to do with comprehension! everything to do with taking the piss out of you.
Von Vorschlag is offline  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
I have no idea. Like I said previously, I naively thought it was this big web thingie taht had threads and redundancy and stuff.

Still a stupid idea to cut them (if true). I prefer my bombing strategy.
The "big web thingie" has a lot of redundancy, to be sure. We're fortunate in the US because 1) everything anyone wants to get to is farmed here, 2) it's not all farmed in one location, and 3) we have shitloads of diverse paths.

If you're in Egypt or what not, where virtually nothing of interest is hosted, all of your traffic has to cross one of a small number of long-haul lines.

Note that these countries didn't lose all connectivity; what they did have was very slow, because the load could no longer be spread (balanced) across a number of large links. It's like a huge accident that took up 50 of the 60 lanes on the information superhighway.
Qubes is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Membership withdrawn by request
 
Von Vorschlag's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Location: the pale blue dot
Posts: 19,563
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
The "big web thingie" has a lot of redundancy, to be sure. We're fortunate in the US because 1) everything anyone wants to get to is farmed here, 2) it's not all farmed in one location, and 3) we have shitloads of diverse paths.

If you're in Egypt or what not, where virtually nothing of interest is hosted, all of your traffic has to cross one of a small number of long-haul lines.

Note that these countries didn't lose all connectivity; what they did have was very slow, because the load could no longer be spread (balanced) across a number of large links. It's like a huge accident that took up 50 of the 60 lanes on the information superhighway.
How many cables you got bucko ? Fucked if you only have one, international links for the less developed nations are far less resilient than the magnificent mega Infrastructure of our imperial wonderlands, basically most of their pipes are small and do not have resilience of multilinks with load bearing capacity

oh you say it so well Cgar
Von Vorschlag is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 09:07 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Silly conspiracy. The best and cheapest way to have a revolution in Iran is to provide MORE outside communication. Bomb the country with laptops, modems, and satellite transceivers.
No, think about it, what a better way to get bored people annoyed? Deprive them of the only lifeline they have to feeling like there is a world worth peeking into outside of the confines of stifling regimes like Iran and Saudi Arabia...and Egypt.
People will take their anger right at the doorsteps of their respective presidential/royal palaces.
I think if this is true, it's brilliant
DP is offline  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 09:09 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Satellite providers in Saudi Arabia are going to make a killing with their already small but established VSAT networks. I am going to call Shabah and see if he's rolling in the $$
DP is offline  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag View Post
How many cables you got bucko ? Fucked if you only have one, international links for the less developed nations are far less resilient than the magnificent mega Infrastructure of our imperial wonderlands, basically most of their pipes are small and do not have resilience of multilinks with load bearing capacity

oh you say it so well Cgar
I merely substituted your colorful and bombastic language with a more luddite-friendly explanation.
Qubes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Fifth attempt mlfun Off-Topic 2 10-04-2007 08:34 PM
    Should I attempt? Benz Stiller R170 SLK-Class 9 08-01-2007 03:02 PM
    Israel Escalating -- Chem attack to Israel --10:33 mcbear Off-Topic 41 07-01-2006 06:13 AM
    OT: Not a lot of details yet, but apparently two planes (possibly hijacked) deliberately crashed... LN 32 - Northern VA R170 SLK-Class 11 09-11-2001 11:43 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome