Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz 4 Benz View Post
I owned an '84 318i and thought it was the worst POS I have ever owned. I mean c'mon,rear drum brakes and problematic L Jetronic fuel injection along with the M10 320i E21 engine is enough to make you hate BMW's forever.

I will agree though that a 2002 would be nice. I owned a '74 2002automatic project but never got around to completing it
Not my experience, at all. Mine was a beater for sure, but it never once gave me any problems. I like L-Jetronic, especially when compared to K-Jet...or D-Jet [shudder]

I had a '76 2002 that was a kick in the pants to drive, and sold for three times my purchase price--great car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Update:
I am heavily using Craigslist now but I am not getting any responses whenever I send an email using the link for contact on the pages.
Some of the deals in there for other vehicles sound too good to be true and I have a feeling that some scam is being played out on that system. For instance there was a 2003 Toyota Camry listed for $2,900 and it looked almost new. Of course I send an email for that listing but I have a feeling I am going to get someone answering from Nigeria or something.
post #63 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 09:46 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 190SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One of the best deals out there is a mid 90's Toyota Corolla.

Not very exciting but parts are cheap and they are easy to keep up.

Oh #^@*! Will I get banned for recommending a Toyota???
post #64 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Here is the latest SCAM that I got in my email inbox after I sent an inquiry:
Subject: 2003 Toyota Camry LE - $2950

Hello and sorry for my delay,
I'm SGT David Butler. This Camry is in perfect working condition.This detailed vehicle makes the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line. The car has 88,863 highway miles. VIN Number: 4T1BF32K33U057969
It was never involved in any accident, not even minor ones. The body and paint are great. The interior is super clean, mechanically, it runs like a cat on carpet.
Click this link for more pics: 2003camryLE - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As I know that my current situation is pretty special I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for you to be 100% protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and you inspect it(for 10 days) eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected. Anyway i am sure that if you will don`t be satisfied about the car i will surely find another buyer in your area and there will be no need for you to ship the car back. I am located in London, United Kingdom and I was sent here to improve the military relationships between USA and UK. One month ago, my wife moved here with me and brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States because we can't register it here; it has US specs and everything, and registering it here in Europe will take for ever. My final price on it is US 2,950 $. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. You will receive the car in about 3 days. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.
Best Regards,
David Butler

Last edited by DP; 02-06-2008 at 12:33 PM.
post #65 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Wow

Same bullshit on another inquiry
Quote:
Hello and sorry for my delay,
2001 Honda Accord EX is in perfect working condition.This vehicle engine runs very, very smooth.This detailed vehicle makes the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line.The car has only 67250 highway miles.VIN # 1HGCG16551A078904
Options
Sunroof Cassette Player CD Player Leather Seats
Driver Airbag Side Airbags Anti-Lock Brakes Passenger Airbag
Air Conditioning Power Locks Power Windows Cruise Control
Power Seats
Here are the pics of the car :
honda2001ex - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window)
As I know that my current situation is pretty special I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for you to be 100% protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and you inspect it(for 10 days) eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected. Anyway i am sure that if you will don`t be satisfied about the car i will surely find another buyer in your area and there will be no need for you to ship the car back. I am located in London,United Kingdom and I was sent here to improve the military relationships between USA and UK. One months ago, my wife moved here with me and brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States because we can't register it here; it has US specs and everything, and registering it here in Europe will take for ever. My final price on it is US 2,950 $. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. You will receive the car in about 3 days. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.
Thank you and have a great day,
Michael Topping
Not very creative these bastards
post #66 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Cruise Control

Lifetime Premium Member
I've heard of those scams, but don't think I've ever encountered them when searching MB and Audi craigslist adss. You need to step up to real cars, eh?
post #67 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
I've heard of those scams, but don't think I've ever encountered them when searching MB and Audi craigslist adss. You need to step up to real cars, eh?
Yeah, you de wone who tolds me hit tha craigylist
post #68 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Cruise Control

Lifetime Premium Member
I got a nice bump in commission, too...suckah!
post #69 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 09:39 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: 2000 ML320
I found my daily beater on craigslist for $500 bucks it's a 94 saab 900s v6 auto leather pwr windows locks moonroof etc. has the clearcoat peeling on the hood but the owner thought the tranny was going out. a little under 100k on the clock. Did some looking on the saab forum figured out it was the neutral safety switch. Printed out instructions on how to clean it to make it work again gave him the 500 pulled the switch right there cleaned it re-installed it and drove off. Owner about shit a kitten when he found out how easy and cheap it was to fix. 600 miles on it so far without a hitch and loving it.

Don't give up there are some decent deals out there.

"Only two defining forces ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."

1991 Range Rover Classic (His)

1989 Jaguar XJ6
2000 ML320 (hers)
post #70 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 10:27 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 190SL
I've found two great cars in grocery store (Safeway) parking lots.

No, i didn't steal them.

Cars with for sale signs in the window are often parked there by local people.

I've also sold a car this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in