Time to Update the Cookware... - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 09:01 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,291
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
Dude, I saw the knife! I'm sending the clk man.
I ain't gonna carve you, I need you to slave your way out off what you owe me.
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 09:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
chromejunkie's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: bike cost too much to drive
Location: in a dumpster behind Mcdonalds
Posts: 2,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i wil get a pic of my good friend on monday he just got back from the old country . i call him my shadow 6foot 7 inches 280 pounds . and his buddy is 7.2



living on the edge driving a fine line
chromejunkie is offline  
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 09:25 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,291
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromejunkie View Post
i wil get a pic of my good friend on monday he just got back from the old country . i call him my shadow 6foot 7 inches 280 pounds . and his buddy is 7.2
bring em on for a copper diet... up their bums
DP is offline  
post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 09:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looks like we've got us a real West Side Story.
yoseyman is offline  
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
MBLR's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2k SlK230 / 2KSlk320 / 2000 Toyota Tacoma, 95 Land Rover D90 (done) Now looking for a series IIA
Location: Utah-ha hah!
Posts: 2,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I use all All-Clad: Williams-Sonoma | All-Clad
After much reading and looking at different offers and Copper is deffinatly out for two reason sure it looks great new....however it is a bad idea to cook dirrectly on Copper and a PITA to keep looking nice.

No Aluminum Ick!

Teflon coated? I don't think so my cooking style sometimes is too aggressive for that thin coating and the teflon shit is bad for ya too.

I have a Cast Iron set and don't plan to use em much...

I went to a store in Saltlake city that Carries the All-Clad Copper core. Holy shit! that stuff has a price tag.... After kicking it around for a bit I decided on a 15 piece set that is on sale however you have to order it and pick it up latter.. for $1699.00 fricking ouch! Ok ok I purchased it along with some other junk...
Attached Images
 
MBLR is offline  
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 12:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBLR View Post
After much reading and looking at different offers and Copper is deffinatly out for two reason sure it looks great new....however it is a bad idea to cook dirrectly on Copper and a PITA to keep looking nice.

No Aluminum Ick!

Teflon coated? I don't think so my cooking style sometimes is too aggressive for that thin coating and the teflon shit is bad for ya too.

I have a Cast Iron set and don't plan to use em much...

I went to a store in Saltlake city that Carries the All-Clad Copper core. Holy shit! that stuff has a price tag.... After kicking it around for a bit I decided on a 15 piece set that is on sale however you have to order it and pick it up latter.. for $1699.00 fricking ouch! Ok ok I purchased it along with some other junk...
Congratulations! You will not regret that investment in great cooking. All-Clad makes cooking easy and even fun. It is the best and you will probably pass it along to your kids some day.

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 02-03-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Jayhawk is offline  
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
MBLR's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2k SlK230 / 2KSlk320 / 2000 Toyota Tacoma, 95 Land Rover D90 (done) Now looking for a series IIA
Location: Utah-ha hah!
Posts: 2,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Congratulations! You will not regret that investment in great cooking. All-Clad makes cooking easy and even fun. It is the best and you will probably pass it along to your kids some day.
yeah all I can see now is how much this "starter set" is really going to cost me in the long run... Ummmm shit that Wok sure looks nice ...Hmmmm maybe next week.... wow those starter set upgrades.... lets see next month?
MBLR is offline  
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 01:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBLR View Post
yeah all I can see now is how much this "starter set" is really going to cost me in the long run... Ummmm shit that Wok sure looks nice ...Hmmmm maybe next week.... wow those starter set upgrades.... lets see next month?
Nice set. (normally I say that to ladies)


what brand is that? I am intrigued
yoseyman is offline  
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
MBLR's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2k SlK230 / 2KSlk320 / 2000 Toyota Tacoma, 95 Land Rover D90 (done) Now looking for a series IIA
Location: Utah-ha hah!
Posts: 2,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
Nice set. (normally I say that to ladies)


what brand is that? I am intrigued
All-Clad they offer several different types of sets and because I cook on both a Flat top stove and a Gas burnner top I went for the Copper Clad set rather than the aluminum clad set.
MBLR is offline  
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 01:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBLR View Post
All-Clad they offer several different types of sets and because I cook on both a Flat top stove and a Gas burnner top I went for the Copper Clad set rather than the aluminum clad set.
ah, that is the brand. thanks.

looks like a good purchase.
yoseyman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
DayLight Savings Time Update RGS W220 S-Class 0 03-20-2007 02:48 PM
E430 engine warning lamp lights up from time to time maciek W210 E-Class 2 10-30-2006 05:51 AM
E430 engine warning lamp lights up from time to time maciek W210 E50 AMG, E55 AMG 0 10-18-2006 06:53 AM
Long time Viewer, First time Poster. Pics of my Benz.. david26209 W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 14 06-21-2006 02:13 PM
Time for 350 - Update plus "sales man" lies G-Benz230 R171 SLK-Class 5 03-19-2006 06:09 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome