NYC’s post a few weeks ago:
– Legislation on Gulf War Syndrome and National Guard/Reserves - legislation to track the health status of our troops, co-sponsored with James Talent.
– Worked with Senator Lindsey Graham to expand TRICARE, the military’s healthcare program.
– Increased funding to CHIP as a Senator, an initiative she led as the First Lady.
– Also, food supply and bioterrorism bill, she was the sponsor of S.AMDT. 328, 329, 330, 331, 340-344 to H.CON.RES.83.
– She added a provision for safety of prescription drugs for children in the Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act.
– Secured over $21 billion for 9/11 victims compensation and building redevelopment; building safety legislations and compensation to 9/11 emergency workers; pressured the EPA for air quality and health monitoring for 9/11 workers.
– And miscellaneous stuff for NY:
– First student commencement speaker at Wellesley
– Yale Law graduate
– Editor of Yale Review of Law and Social Action
– Children’s Defense Fund
– House Committee on the Judiciary - Nixon Impeachment Team
– Chair of Legal Services Corp at age 29 - fought Reagan who tried to shut it down and won to keep this service alive, which provides legal services to the poor.
– Law Professor
– Legal Clinic Professor
– Partner at a law firm
– Chaired the Arkansas Educational Standards Committee from 1982 to 1992.
– Chaired the Rural Health Advisory Committee starting in 1979 and introduced the Arkansas’ Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youth.
– Co-founded the Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families in 1977.
– Served on the boards of the Arkansas Children’s Hospital Legal Services (1988-1992).
– Served on the board of the Children’s Defense Fund (as chair, 1986-1992).
– Initiated the Children’s Health Insurance Program in 1997.
– Initiated and helped implement the Adoption and Safe Families Act.
– Helped create the Office on Violence Against Women at the Department of Justice.
– Helped create Vital Voices - women advocacy program.
– Founding Chair of the Save America’s Treasures program.
– Two term Senator from NY.