The conversation on the Lawyers with herpes and their connections with KY Central was the topic of conversation and humor at lunch. But what it really brought up was a few stories and a realization of the oddities of people on our peripheral who we know that have gone astray or been beyond the edge.
It got me thinking that it would make a great SERIOUS OT topic. We have plenty of Political or humorous topics but this one would provide insight as to just what folks have seen in the world. Now I am not talking about those of us who have seen war or those who have seen celebrities but more like those FRIENDS or close acquaintances who have wandered a bit too far or had circumstance bite them.
Those events by those people also assist in making us who we are and help to frame our perceptions of the world around us.
So I will start with some questions and then in a bit post up a couple of my "links" to those questions. The list of questions is started with some of my own experiences so if there are other questions, let's hear them.
And these would relate to people you KNOW, are acquainted with through work, school or friends or relatives. I wouldn't expect any true confessions.
- Do you know anyone who has been KILLED by murder?
- Do you know anyone who has KILLED anyone?
- Do you know anyone killed by a Drunk Driver?
- Do you know anyone who has KILLED anyone while DUI?
- Do you know anyone who has had an Abortion?
- Do you know anyone who has been Federally Indicted/Convicted?
- Have you ever bailed anyone out of Jail [Felonies only here, not DUIs]?
- Do you know friends who have filed Bankruptcy?
- Do you know friends who have been charged/convicted of Embezzlement or other white collar crimes?
- Do you know anyone personally who has died of AIDS?
- Do you know anyone who has been a victim of child abuse?
- Do you know anyone who has been a victim of Domestic Violence?
- Do you know anyone who has been a victim of Rape/Sexual Assault?
I started with these questions as I have, through life had close friends or good acquaintances who can pretty much answer most of those questions. I know it shapes my world perspective and considering many of them were from the upper levels of society, it does so with a interesting twist.
The floor is open for debate and experiences, not only the answers.