Questions for a business school project - please read - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 01:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromejunkie View Post
yos is that your shirt ??????
No, but It would be cool to wear in a business meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag View Post
shit, we left Jeff behind ...come on Jeff ...put ya foot down
Who's Jeff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 01:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Exactly how far into buisness school have you gotten?

Might I suggest an oil change, battery and tire swap scheme to make money, and then you can tinker with your jelopies out back if you like.

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #23 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 01:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: bike cost too much to drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by A264172 View Post
Exactly how far into buisness school have you gotten?

Might I suggest an oil change, battery and tire swap scheme to make money, and then you can tinker with your jelopies out back if you like.
there you have it

living on the edge driving a fine line
post #24 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 01:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
No, but It would be cool to wear in a business meeting

Who's Jeff?
um well he started the thread and well we kinda took over as usual

post #25 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 01:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Oh yeah, that guy Come on in Jeff, it's all good.
post #26 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 01:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

you dont think we scared him off do you ???

post #27 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 01:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

most people lurk around at least a little while before posting. So it should be no surprise.
post #28 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 01:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

that could be , have you talked to clk today ??

post #29 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff - the mind boggles at all the reasons I wouldn't want to buy a car from such a company.

THAT SAID, this jackass Will Castro seems to have more business than he knows what to do with. There's no doubt that customization is a big market, with a lot of margin.

I think buying cars, then sinking more money into them, on what amounts to speculation, will find you owning a bunch of cars and out of business rather quickly. The instant Mercedes comes out with a new model, that's what all the big rollers will want "customized", and you'll be holding a big fat expensive bag of last year's models.

The best advice I can give you from an entrepreneurial standpoint is to try to shoot as many holes in your own plan as you can, and see what you have left. Then you can decide whether or not you want to go forward pursuing whatever niche of customers your model would attract, or if you want to adjust your model to reduce your risk & capital outlay while maximizing the number of potential customers.

This sounds like a business one gets into after they're very well established financially, and have developed at least a small network of clients - possibly to whom they've given away their products & services just for the experience and marketing.
post #30 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 03:12 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenneBraun View Post
Hey everyone! First of all, this is not spam. I am just a car nut who doesn't have enough money for a Mercedes (college broke) so I make do with my Mustang. I'm taking a business class at the University of Washington for writing a successful business plan. My business I hope to make is one where I buy some cars from a dealership and then customize them completely to make them look like new cars (so like an extreme body kit) and then sell them as customs. I have an assignment this week where I need to interview my "alpha customers," which is the type of people I expect to get the most business from. Since you all are car nuts like me, I figured you'd be the ones to ask.

First of all, please say anything that comes to mind about this, even if it isn't in response to a question. This will actually give me more information than direct answers oddly enough.

My first question is what do you expect to see when you walk in to the shop/showroom? Not what do you expect from experience, but what would you like to see?

A sexy saleswoman that would give me a blow job to even consider buying a modified car before I had a say on how I wanted it.

Second, what is your dream car and why?

Any car I could not afford because I could not afford it it would make it my dream car.

Third, would you be interested in buying cars this way? What would entice you to change your mind if you don't?

No new production car would satisfy me unless I have a chance to get a gutted car then decide what goes in it. So mods are cool as far as I am concerned but if I have a say it has to be almost the whole car.

Fourth, any other ideas that I could add in? Such as allowing customers to bring in their cars and then I customize them?
That's where you will make your money. The risk will be handled in a much controlled expectation fashion because they are already familiar with their cars and have already zeroed in on what they like and don't like.

Fifth, how important is gas efficiency vs performance?
If gas efficiency was the driver then you are in the wrong forum, maybe you should try the Hyundai or Honda forums. Most Benz owner want mega power with an elegant touch of smoothness and response.

Sixth, are you more prone to drag race, auto-x, track race, or show the car (keep in mind that many of these cars will have upwards of 600rwhp and some, if there is enough interest, will be all out racecars).
Not with the Benz as far as race but typically I like mine to scare the beJesus out off drivers on the road when I pull in the left lane and demand that they get the fuck out off my way. Also when I pull in front of a hotel or club I want some fkin service.

You don't necessarily need to answer all the questions, and if you have a differing view from someone else, please let me know too!

Thanks,
Jeff Braun
Check my answers (in red)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in