Home Prices Fell in ’07 for First Time in Decades - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 09:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Usually however someone has the decency to flag the word MODULAR or MOBILE or something before you drive 30 miles just to be surprised.

It did have a very nice 40X60 shop with it. That had to have cost 3X the "RANCH".

I should have been alerted by the "no photos yet" note.
These are desperate times in the real estate business if someone really needs to buy or sell a property. I have to admit I've never seen a trailer referred to as a "ranch..." Though technically I guess it qualifies. Very wierd! But it is Kentucky after all...

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 09:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
These are desperate times in the real estate business if someone really needs to buy or sell a property. I have to admit I've never seen a trailer referred to as a "ranch..." Though technically I guess it qualifies. Very wierd! But it is Kentucky after all...
That actually was my rationale.

I saw a place today that shows some potential. It has been on the market since March of 07. It is 3000sqft, real Ranch with 2car attached, 30 years old with new HVAC. 4.5 ACRES, 2000SqFt block shop, all concrete drive to house and shop, inground Pool, pond, overlooking adjacent 2000 acre farm. Couple is getting divorced. Place is marked down from $250 to $215 and the realtor says that $200 would get it if I want it. I cannot see how that has not sold. It is near everything yet in the country. Makes no sense other than the realtor's comments that "the market sucks".

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 09:36 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^^
That's friggin cheap, $250K can't get you even a townhouse in my neighborhood. I know where I am moving next when I get tiered of this place
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 09:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

It does sound good bear--almost too good. You might want to do a little extra checking: have it inspected, run some comp's, talk to the neighbors, etc...

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
(Thread Starter)
I am guessing divorce makes people do stupid things like give a place away just to be rid of the problem...........
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 09:46 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I am guessing that one day home prices will be less prone to regional pricing if the Internet takes hold of how we do work. I would love to teach 100% online one day and just relax by a stream fishing and drinking some of the local moonshine
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 09:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I just like to keep um straight. Perspective is important.

So is accuracy. See edit above.
Memo:
Please adjust the numbers for inflation and send me the report.

Your daddy.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 09:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
^^
That's friggin cheap, $250K can't get you even a townhouse in my neighborhood. I know where I am moving next when I get tiered of this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
It does sound good bear--almost too good. You might want to do a little extra checking: have it inspected, run some comp's, talk to the neighbors, etc...
Not to worry, the research starts Monday morning. My cousin is the DES manager in the county so I will have access to everything.

The price is fairly comparable for the rural market 30 minutes from Lexington. I looked at another place that was 7 acres with Kentucky River view for the same money but didn't like the road access that would be necessary to navigate pickup with car trailer up and down a 500ft elevation change in 1.5 miles. I figured I would spend half my time doing tranny work.

The "brownish" house is the 3K sqft house with big shop on 4.5 acres. The 2350sqft log house on the Kentucky River has the big barn, a 5 car garage/shop and other stuff. It is only 4 years old.

That long shot is taken from the KY River

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 09:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

The more I think about that salesman's comment "the market sucks," the more I think you need to have him or someone do a formal CMA (comparative market analysis).

post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 10:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
I am guessing divorce makes people do stupid things like give a place away just to be rid of the problem...........
I think the drop in price is just because they have tried to sell for nearly a year with minimum action. Now they have no choice as they keep paying for it. That was the impression I got.

McBear,
Kentucky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in