Is the democrat party about to implode? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 11:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Well, that may be, but it all started with Chris Wallace in that Fox interview that sent him postal. Seemed like he has nerves exposed that a man of his stature and intelligence would otherwise have covered.
I think there was one before Wallace in Europe that set him off but there have been 8 now. As I said earlier, it is time for the Hillary campaign to contract Monica til this thing is over as Bill seems to be suffering from raging SRH [Sperm Retention Headache].

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
The third parties seem to be little groups or internet buzz groups that throw flyers about. They will start a rumor which has to occupy time [much like the swiftboating of either Kerry or now McCain]. Really gnats but with Clinton and Obama, the gnats seem to have a racist or sexist twist to themselves. Fortunately the big media doesn't give them much air. Locally I understand they are everywhere.


Or maybe it is because they are more objective than many give them credit for, they actually go after both sides equally [it's their job]. You just had 7 years to selectively forget how focused they were on Clinton during the 90s. Also, Bushie just gave them more ammo than Clinton did.
"...they are more objective..."? The only thing they are objective about is how best to employ their flame-throwers to generate the most ad revenue!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars
 
cmitch's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Location: City on the TN River
Posts: 10,691
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
So long as Howard Dean has anything to do with the Democratic Party, the White House will remain elusive. There! I said it. Tell me in November whether I'm right or not.

And another thing: Both Hillary and Obama will nearly guarantee another Republican president. The Democrats are going to have to run a real candidate if they hope to prevail and two children tossing mud balls at each other is not what will get one of them elected. There's enough dissension in America for a Democratic win. Why are they wasting that chance on those two idiots?

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
cmitch is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
"...they are more objective..."? The only thing they are objective about is how best to employ their flame-throwers to generate the most ad revenue!
You finally GOT IT!!!!

Their job is to investigate and report. To be agents provocateur. It is when they deviate from that mission and become cheerleaders for one side or the other that we should object.

And yes, as I have said, the do their thing to get the best ratings to generate the best revenue stream. Broadcasting also has a contractual responsibility to provide "information for the public good" but as we have seen, that is a wobbly target.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
So long as Howard Dean has anything to do with the Democratic Party, the White House will remain elusive. There! I said it. Tell me in November whether I'm right or not.

And another thing: Both Hillary and Obama will nearly guarantee another Republican president. The Democrats are going to have to run a real candidate if they hope to prevail and two children tossing mud balls at each other is not what will get one of them elected. There's enough dissension in America for a Democratic win. Why are they wasting that chance on those two idiots?
While O&H are throwing mud at each other, it is over policy differences and judgments that define the two. I COMPLETELY disagree with either of their tactics but it is the way of politics.

BUT, when the winner turns their focus OUTWARD, their target becomes the BUSH ECONOMY, BUSH's IRAQ WAR, BUSH's ETHICS and all the brown-nosing support that the Republican candidate [whichever of them wins the nom] gave to those failed BUSH policies over the past 7 years.

The country will be in the middle of a BUSH recession, still in a BUSH war and those two albatrosses will be hanging around the neck of the Republican nominee.

And with the near $5Trillion in DEFICIT SPENDING the Republicans can't even use the old "tax and spend" charge against the Democrats. They out "tax and spent" any Dems in HISTORY.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Location: Ratville
Posts: 24,029
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
??!!
QUOTE In one attack in the debate, Sen. Clinton accused Obama of helping a corrupt Chicago businessman with his "slum landlord business." The truth is that Obama had put in five hours of work as a junior law firm associate helping to represent a community organization that had partnered with the businessman. The truth is also that Obama fought slumlords as a community organizer. END QUOTE

Hillary goes negative
mlfun is offline  
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
??!!
QUOTE In one attack in the debate, Sen. Clinton accused Obama of helping a corrupt Chicago businessman with his "slum landlord business." The truth is that Obama had put in five hours of work as a junior law firm associate helping to represent a community organization that had partnered with the businessman. The truth is also that Obama fought slumlords as a community organizer. END QUOTE

Hillary goes negative
It's that crap that gets insidious into a campaign. That one started as a "flyer" issue by some internet blog and then the Clinton campaign picked it up without doing their research [where have I heard that before]. Threw it against the wall to see if it would stick. I think that kind of stuff is going to hurt in the long run.

But the Clinton Machine is massive and if it steamrolls, it will not stop. If we think they are throwing turds at Obama, the trainloads of shit ready for the Republicans are going to be Legend.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
You finally GOT IT!!!!
...............
You finally GOT IT!!!!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
While O&H are throwing mud at each other, it is over policy differences and judgments that define the two. I COMPLETELY disagree with either of their tactics but it is the way of politics.

BUT, when the winner turns their focus OUTWARD, their target becomes the BUSH ECONOMY, BUSH's IRAQ WAR, BUSH's ETHICS and all the brown-nosing support that the Republican candidate [whichever of them wins the nom] gave to those failed BUSH policies over the past 7 years.

The country will be in the middle of a BUSH recession, still in a BUSH war and those two albatrosses will be hanging around the neck of the Republican nominee.

And with the near $5Trillion in DEFICIT SPENDING the Republicans can't even use the old "tax and spend" charge against the Democrats. They out "tax and spent" any Dems in HISTORY.
I think Obambi said it best: "The Republicans are the party of ideas!"

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I think Obambi said it best: "The Republicans are the party of ideas!"
But he left out an important adjective or two.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    WANTED: GOP Party Chairman, MUST bring own party favors mcbear Off-Topic 5 07-24-2007 02:58 PM
    Once again, Cubbies implode before our very eyes! ThrillKill Off-Topic 2 06-03-2007 08:36 PM
    What is the Democrat party alternative? Botnst Off-Topic 5 10-20-2006 03:20 AM
    Bloggers reform Democrat Party Botnst Off-Topic 3 10-03-2006 11:46 AM
    F1...Is it just me or did the USGP implode? jcopeland R170 SLK-Class 12 06-20-2005 02:10 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome