Brace yourself! The U.S. Stock Market May Have Best Day of The Year Today!! - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 08:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Around these parts we want you people (AKA, "suckers") to buy bigger SUV's and adjust the summer climate control to frigid and the winter climate controls to toasty. Burn baby, burn!

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and that’s what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 08:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
That's rich . . . Kentucky picking on Tennessee about inbreeding . . . just call us kookbergers next time, equally effective.
I would have said Corbin but no one would have known where that was.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
This was all bargain hunters.

Bernanke's head is still on the target acquisition board. The sentiment appears to be that he only acts when his back is against the wall. Last time he moved on Housing in September was after his European counterparts ganged up on him and demanded he act. And yesterday was precipitated by the futures market which started loading up Sunday and Asia and Europe which loaded up against the market Monday morning. By Monday evening every investment board was buzzing and Europe knew there would be a 3/4 by 2am ET Tuesday Morning.

There appears to be ZERO confidence in Bernanke.
He is in an impossible place at this time and I have gained a great deal of respect for him and the Fed in the way they have handled this mess so far. You might find this USA Today article of interest. Fed is in 'an almost impossible place' - USATODAY.com

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
He is in an impossible place at this time and I have gained a great deal of respect for him and the Fed in the way they have handled this mess so far. You might find this USA Today article of interest. Fed is in 'an almost impossible place' - USATODAY.com
Yes, but he put himself in the impossible place. That is what everyone is so annoyed about.

14 months ago he was still touting SubPrime as a GREAT tool for the financial sector even though the drums had been beating for 9 previous months that there was a serious issue. Look at BWOT posts from November 2006 to see where the drums had already been beating for months.

10 months ago he was just noticing the SubPrime and Housing but failed to notice the collapsing of the Financial Sector. You just have to look at BWOT to see the newsclips where FT and Bloomberg were pointing it out.

5 months ago he had to be prodded by the Euro FED Chiefs to get his Financial Sectors in line and...

2 DAYS ago after pressure from EVERYONE he finally noticed the wheels had come off the cart.

HE put himself in this untenable position.

He has simply FAILED.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Yes, but he put himself in the impossible place. That is what everyone is so annoyed about.

14 months ago he was still touting SubPrime as a GREAT tool for the financial sector even though the drums had been beating for 9 previous months that there was a serious issue. Look at BWOT posts from November 2006 to see where the drums had already been beating for months.

10 months ago he was just noticing the SubPrime and Housing but failed to notice the collapsing of the Financial Sector. You just have to look at BWOT to see the newsclips where FT and Bloomberg were pointing it out.

5 months ago he had to be prodded by the Euro FED Chiefs to get his Financial Sectors in line and...

2 DAYS ago after pressure from EVERYONE he finally noticed the wheels had come off the cart.

HE put himself in this untenable position.

He has simply FAILED.
If you say so Dr. Paul...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 10:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
If you say so Dr. Paul...
I've been saying it longer than Paul. So have a lot of others. Bernanke and Paulson are going to have to go to FULLY gain the confidence of the WORLD markets.

And that is really what matters in the big picture for the health of the US Economy.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 10:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Location: Ratville
Posts: 24,029
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Here are all the CB governors and HOS.
Do you think "confidence" is optional ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I've been saying it longer than Paul. So have a lot of others. Bernanke and Paulson are going to have to go to FULLY gain the confidence of the WORLD markets.

And that is really what matters in the big picture for the health of the US Economy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	michaelrossart1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	159053  
mlfun is offline  
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I've been saying it longer than Paul. So have a lot of others. Bernanke and Paulson are going to have to go to FULLY gain the confidence of the WORLD markets.

And that is really what matters in the big picture for the health of the US Economy.
Well, there are some critics they probably do not want to satisfy. In fact, I hope that they do not try to respond to every wack-job in the world!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Brace yourself! The U.S. Stock Market May "Crash!" Jayhawk Off-Topic 110 07-11-2008 08:32 AM
    The most depressing day of the year today DAN57 W201 190-Class 24 01-29-2007 04:54 PM
    Strut Brace or is it Dash Brace gumsie W140 S-Class 0 12-28-2006 07:56 AM
    BTW, Our ML's turned 1 year old today. Also past the 1 year Benz World Member status. YAY! Man-Du-Ru-Gas W163 M-Class 5 12-05-2003 03:31 PM
    680HP of fun every day :-))) ... what a great day today :-))) Tim CH R170 SLK-Class 17 07-22-2001 09:22 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome