Loss my Marbles? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2k SlK230 / 2KSlk320 / 2000 Toyota Tacoma, 95 Land Rover D90 (done) Now looking for a series IIA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Oh I understand how much correct maint it takes on an Farrari, I had it for 3 years and at first I had a shop work on it and holyshit! did that cost! However I am not one to sit back and piss on myself so I learned how to to the work properly and did so. Only reason sold it was because an offer came in for it that was 2.5x what was paid for it after 3 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 12:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBLR View Post
Oh I understand how much correct maint it takes on an Farrari, I had it for 3 years and at first I had a shop work on it and holyshit! did that cost! However I am not one to sit back and piss on myself so I learned how to to the work properly and did so. Only reason sold it was because an offer came in for it that was 2.5x what was paid for it after 3 years.
Now see, that is what happened with my 65 vette. $4X. NOW it's book is more like $15X. Oops.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 04:56 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Well. This thread certainly got agreeable in a hurry.

What if Higgins hides the keys? Will you mind driving the Volvo instead?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2k SlK230 / 2KSlk320 / 2000 Toyota Tacoma, 95 Land Rover D90 (done) Now looking for a series IIA
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
Well. This thread certainly got agreeable in a hurry.

What if Higgins hides the keys? Will you mind driving the Volvo instead?
Ha ha hahhhh! its just that I am easy to get along with..... till you say them two ugly words or three depending how you put it....

Ok Okee! Have not heard back from the guy I know with the 328GT yet. However I will keep an open mind and going to go test drive an 95 Vette this week-end (hope it don't snow) because I will "test drive" it. damn it!
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Ha ha hahhhh! its just that I am easy to get along with..... till you say them two ugly words or three depending how you put it....

Ok Okee! Have not heard back from the guy I know with the 328GT yet. However I will keep an open mind and going to go test drive an 95 Vette this week-end (hope it don't snow) because I will "test drive" it. damn it!
Is it a ZR1 or regular LT1 motor? There is a 100HP and world of difference in the two cars. Also try for the 6sp. It was only in under 25% of the cars and is a very good ZF tranny.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Is it a ZR1 or regular LT1 motor? There is a 100HP and world of difference in the two cars. Also try for the 6sp. It was only in under 25% of the cars and is a very good ZF tranny.
I think he said ZR1 however I pretty sure it is not the 6sp However I will check each and everything out.
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:22 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
You must get FX3. If it does not have FX3 then run do not walk away. Base vette suspensions suck the shit from hell. FX3 has bilstein adjustable shocks that offer three settings; harsh, even more harsh, and holy shit my head just hit the roof on that bump. Also get a '94 to '96 as the quality is leagues beyond the '93 and prior. I know the car looks the same but everything from paint, seats, and rattle resistance is very improved in those years. Get a '94 ZR1 for the ultimate used vette value.
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
You must get FX3. If it does not have FX3 then run do not walk away. Base vette suspensions suck the shit from hell. FX3 has bilstein adjustable shocks that offer three settings; harsh, even more harsh, and holy shit my head just hit the roof on that bump. Also get a '94 to '96 as the quality is leagues beyond the '93 and prior. I know the car looks the same but everything from paint, seats, and rattle resistance is very improved in those years. Get a '94 ZR1 for the ultimate used vette value.
Ha! now it comes out! all of it about The Vette... The Vette that I drove on the track was an 93 amd I am sure it was stock like totaly stock and that was my first and only real impression of the Vette because I know it was a base Vette see? Ya'll git mad at me for talking Farrari because that is an Car I do understand what to get and what to avoid.... now I am starting to see what's what with the Vette such as this FX3 thing I have never heard about it in relation to a Vette...so clue me in a tad more Hmmm?
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Ha! now it comes out! all of it about The Vette... The Vette that I drove on the track was an 93 amd I am sure it was stock like totaly stock and that was my first and only real impression of the Vette because I know it was a base Vette see? Ya'll git mad at me for talking Farrari because that is an Car I do understand what to get and what to avoid.... now I am starting to see what's what with the Vette such as this FX3 thing I have never heard about it in relation to a Vette...so clue me in a tad more Hmmm?
Well there is always the Z51 Sport suspension in the earlier years but I think the FX3 adjustable suspension [much like in the Benz] is it's replacement.

If I am not mistaken ALL ZR1s had the FX3 as part of their $35K add on package price [that's 32Valve 4 cam 400HP motor]. And yes, fit and finish did improve with 94 although I thought my 91 was pretty good.

If you are looking for a street/track toy, either the Vette or 911 are really the best two deals with the 911 being more expensive to buy, own and keep up. The Vette is the best bang for the buck of any of the 185MPH supercars out there.

I love dealing with my 560SEC AMG and it was a dream to drive from California to Kentucky last October but I already know where it will cost 2-4X what the Vette will cost for the same parts. And the SEC, even in full AMG trim would not be able to keep up with the ZR1 on the track any day.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 10:05 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
All ZR1's come with Z51, FX3, and all options, particularly the '94 & '95's. The ZR1 is still a crude car, but a fast one that will run faster up top than the last Z06. BTW, a 405 hp Z06 is a good track car too, that is if you can stand to look at the C5 body style which is the ugliest vette since the '73. The ZR1 will have better resale and that ends the conversation for me, plus as an added bonus it isn't so ugly that you have to blindfold yourself to get in it.

PS Ever tracked a SLK32? Don't let the automatic fool you, you can move mountains with that car in the real world.

Last edited by Shane; 01-23-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in