DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
The Liberty, Justice for the fallen, bad joke................
I sure hope not! But I don't see the outrage on this particular issue, I wonder why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:54 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
I sure hope not! But I don't see the outrage on this particular issue, I wonder why?

Well everyone is well aware it was The Liberty's fault and America should be happy that Israel forgave America for the injustice that America carried out against the small, defenseless and persecuted country. Will the injustice against the Jewish people ever end?
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 04:53 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Well everyone is well aware it was The Liberty's fault and America should be happy that Israel forgave America for the injustice that America carried out against the small, defenseless and persecuted country. Will the injustice against the Jewish people ever end?
I wonder if there were any serious inquiries or at least debates within the walls of Congress about this. I guess they did not want to offend the permanent AIPAC's reps roaming the hallways, that would be bad and unpatriotic, hell it's a taboo even here on BWOT just watch the flack I would get if I pursue this topic any further
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 04:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I wonder if there were any serious inquiries or at least debates within the walls of Congress about this. I guess they did not want to offend the permanent AIPAC's reps roaming the hallways, that would be bad and unpatriotic, hell it's a taboo even here on BWOT just watch the flack I would get if I pursue this topic any further
Here is my question: who is more despicable? These AIPAC reps supposedly roaming the hallways of Congress, their pockets bulging with cash to further their political objectives? Or the members of Congress who only too willingly sell their influence in return for the campaign donations that are the lifeblood of the never ending battle to remain in office?

It seems to me that AIPAC is doing what any good and funded lobby group/special interest group *should* be doing - advancing their interests. If members of Congress weren't for sale, then AIPAC (or any other lobby for that matter) wouldn't be able to buy them.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 05:08 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon View Post
Here is my question: who is more despicable? These AIPAC reps supposedly roaming the hallways of Congress, their pockets bulging with cash to further their political objectives? Or the members of Congress who only too willingly sell their influence in return for the campaign donations that are the lifeblood of the never ending battle to remain in office?

It seems to me that AIPAC is doing what any good and funded lobby group/special interest group *should* be doing - advancing their interests. If members of Congress weren't for sale, then AIPAC (or any other lobby for that matter) wouldn't be able to buy them.
That would be just dandy if AIPAC was an American lobby
They don't directly pay Congressmen either by the way; fear, shame and guilt works wonders. Hell they give an exam to every freshman in Congress to gage their allegiance to Israel should they refuse or fail watch out. I forgot who that lady from NC or SC that got railroaded as an anti-Semite, boy was it ugly and I don't think any other lawmaker wants that treatment
Anyway, AIPAC works for Israel not the American public. It's the ONLY foreign lobby that blatantly operates on the Hill and whoever questions their authority in any forum or medium is automatically labeled an anti-Semite or simple a Kookkberger. If you don't believe me just try to push this thread until the usual vultures show up. As much as I bring up the subject it great bait to smoke' em out
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 05:10 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Oh, did I forget to mention that AIPAC spies on us too?
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 10:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
That would be just dandy if AIPAC was an American lobby
They don't directly pay Congressmen either by the way; fear, shame and guilt works wonders. Hell they give an exam to every freshman in Congress to gage their allegiance to Israel should they refuse or fail watch out. I forgot who that lady from NC or SC that got railroaded as an anti-Semite, boy was it ugly and I don't think any other lawmaker wants that treatment
Anyway, AIPAC works for Israel not the American public. It's the ONLY foreign lobby that blatantly operates on the Hill and whoever questions their authority in any forum or medium is automatically labeled an anti-Semite or simple a Kookkberger. If you don't believe me just try to push this thread until the usual vultures show up. As much as I bring up the subject it great bait to smoke' em out
I don't know enough about AIPAC to know one way or the other if they are really American or masquerading as American or blatantly foreign. But my original question still stands - if Congress wasn't for sale, how much success would they have? I can see you've removed your original statement about pockets flush with cash, but clearly cash is a motivator. The real harm that rich lobbyists cause politicians is not the smear of "anti-Semite", it is when they financially back the competing politician.

Remove the money from the equation and it becomes a whole lot easier to take the teeth out of any lobby group, whatever their motives.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 12:15 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
hmm, I don't recall removing anything (about pockets full of cash) but AIPAC insures payments to Israel not the other way around. We are talking billions, no questions asked, those are NOT loans and they come directly from out taxes. Oh, let's not get into weapons, technology and stuff like that that only is applicable as a transfer one way, one direction that is. Should we want Israeli expertise (which they have and are very good at modifying systems) we have to pay; now go figure.
Congress for sell or not is mute since no other foreign lobby is allowed to operate BY LAW in the United States, so what's your thought on that?
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 12:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Actually, the real truth is that an earlier Israeli spy satellite spotted this sign on the U.S. Liberty:

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 12:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in