Little known facts on Iran - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 06:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Learn our religion? This is a tricky issue. It’s feared that learning Islam will cause the ousting of the current corrupt regimes. That’s why Muslims hardly get to learn Islam in depth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 06:07 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
dewprof,

On education, you have no idea what this means to us. I'm a Palestinian and I tell my kids, as my parents told me before, that their single most important document is their degree. But the average Palestinian has very limited access to education. During the First Intifada, 1987 to 1993 , classes were disconnected for months on a run. It took my maternal aunt 8 years to get her B Sc. Her university-going brothers were imprisoned most of the time as a precautionary measure that applied to thousands of Palestinian youths. Still, they graduated although in their thirties.

I know Palestine is a special case but I lived in Jordan for a few years and witnessed the average man’s financial struggle to get his children into university. This happens everywhere in the Arab World. Only the financially able can send their children to university. So, poverty here is the reason.
I have never understood why nations like the Emirates, Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi and places literallly SWIMMING in oil wealth, basically did NOTHING to help their brethren in faith the Palestinians.

Can you tell us why?

And at the risk of sounding ignorant, can you explain the reason for the teeming, unchecked Palestinian birth rate?

It is NOT uncommon for such families to have 7-10 babies, right?

What is wrong with those people that would do that? "Well I can't afford to take care of ONE baby. SO, I know the solution to that - I will have TEN of them!!"

Brilliant.

How does having *that* many children make it easier to afford University for *any* of them?

And where in the hell is it written that it is YOUR land???!!! The Israelis say the exact same thing, it is THEIRS, that "GOD" gave it to them.

Just like the Palestinians say.

It has been fought
over for thousands of years, so I think whoever plants their feet on it, owns it.

Please, can you explain to us how "sympathy" for the Palestinian cause is gained or engendered by flying jets into buildings, pushing crippled men off wheelchairs on boats into the sea, blowing up children on markets and in buses, by taking hostages and cutting their heads off ?

"Religion of Peace" mua ha hahahahaha

You are UFB.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<

Last edited by cascade; 01-23-2008 at 06:12 AM.
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 06:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Arab people are very passionate about the Palestinian cause. Arab regimes aren't as supportive because, to a big degree, they're still goverened from the White House or even the local American Embassy. Tell me what the American administration feels about lifting the embargo on the Hamas-run Gaza Strip. Tell me why Israel escalated the violence level on Gaza Strip during and right after Bush's historical visit to region.

Still, there was always some help within the acceptable limits set by Uncle Sam.

I'll be back on the issue of the Palestinian birth rate.
post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 06:26 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
It's called the way of the world. Everybody's doing it, and if they're not, it's because their granddaddy did it.

If you want to be famous make friends with the reporter.
If you want to be rich make friends with the policeman.
If you want to be happy~ with your wife.
If you want to be well fed~ with your mother in law.
If you want to loose your faith make friends with the priest.

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:03 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
Arab people are very passionate about the Palestinian cause.
And Danish cartoons also.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:39 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Actually from what I have heard the Palestinians are getting a huge amount of financial help (over the table and under the table) from several Arab countries............
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Concentration camp walls breached

Gunmen breach Gaza-Egypt wall
PALESTINIANS POUR OUT, SEEK SUPPLIES

By Ibrahim Barzak
Associated Press
Article Launched: 01/23/2008 04:12:49 AM PST

RAFAH, Gaza Strip - Masked gunmen destroyed about two-thirds of the metal wall separating the Gaza Strip from Egypt in the town of Rafah early today and tens of thousands of Palestinians poured across the border to buy supplies made scarce by an Israeli blockade of the impoverished territory.

The gunmen began breaching the border wall dividing Rafah before dawn, according to witnesses and Hamas officials, who told the Associated Press that they had closed all but two of the gaps in the wall. The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, said people were allowed free movement through the open gaps.

Thousands of Gazans began crossing into Egypt and returning with milk, cigarettes and plastic bottles of fuel, the Hamas officials and witnesses said.

An Associated Press reporter arrived after first light and saw that about two-thirds of the seven-mile-long wall at Rafah had been demolished. The reporter also saw the crowd of Palestinians crossing into Egypt swell into the tens of thousands.

On Tuesday, after widespread criticism of its decision to cut off supplies of industrial diesel oil required to run a power station that serves Gaza City and its hospitals, Israel resumed fuel shipments on what it said would be a temporary basis.

The European Union, which pays for the fuel, called the cutoff "collective punishment," but Israeli officials said they were trying to convince Gazans of the need
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Actually from what I have heard the Palestinians are getting a huge amount of financial help (over the table and under the table) from several Arab countries............
Here let me just fix that for you Robert.....

Actually from what I have heard the extremist group Hamas are getting a huge amount of financial help (over the table and under the table) from several Arab countries.
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post

And at the risk of sounding ignorant, can you explain the reason for the teeming, unchecked Palestinian birth rate?

It is NOT uncommon for such families to have 7-10 babies, right?

What is wrong with those people that would do that? "Well I can't afford to take care of ONE baby. SO, I know the solution to that - I will have TEN of them!!"

Brilliant.

How does having *that* many children make it easier to afford University for *any* of them?

It's a matter of customs. Arabs in general are in favour of big families with many children. Palestinians are no exception. While it makes sense for a rich Saudi to have many children, it may seem less so to a Palestinian. But access to healthcare and family planning is less available to Palestinians. This is one factor. The other is if you have a child or two and your house is bombed among a few more because Israel thinks a Hamas-militant is around, you'll lose all of your children. If you have 7-10, maybe a couple will survive. I'm serious. Palestinians have this weapon of mass production of children against the entire Israeli arsenal. It's one peaceful, effective way of defending our right to exist.
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
You're right about that. Shamefully enough, the Fatah-lead Palestinian Authority used to cut a big piece of the cake for themselves. People elected Hamas because they wanted to stop the financial fraud. That's exactly what happened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in