Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
From the double axe welding hoard to Teutonic Knights and Knight Templars , Z and V have made your dull Roman existence with the occasional break from boredom by thrown Christians to the lions , far more interesting than you could have dreamed.
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 04:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow. From Iran to Kurdistan to Palestine to Europe.

I think a lot of people agree that Kurds have a right to a state, but the Allies knew how to divide them after wwI putting each section in a different country thus creating trouble spots for four countries.. Iran, Turkey, Iraq and Syria.

One word on Islam. I'm a strict-practicing Muslima and I can give you an insider's look at Islam if you want to. We claim to be a religion of peace because we want to be at peace with everybody, but that doesn't mean we accept to be bullied around. When someone steals your land, kills your people, strikes and cries we don't surrender like helpless fools. We don't (rather shouldn't) peg for mercy, we defend ourselves. d.f.e.n.d. o.u.r.s.e.l.v.e.s. We don't claim that we should turn the other cheek. This is no peace, this is surrender and we don't (again shouldn't) surrender. We're honest and clear about this, unlike, say, Christians who claim something and do the extreme opposite. Yet, nobody says Christians did so and so. Or Jews who have really violent text in the Old Testament but when Israel keeps attacking Palestinian civillian targets with real weapons that kill tens and hundreds of people at a time, some people only remember those few shells that Hamas fires and hardly break a window with. Did you know that most injuries caused by Palestinian shells are nervous breakdowns?! Home-made explosives in metal containers with no control over direction, for logic's sake!
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
How absolutely fascinating, thank you
Attached Images

post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 07:11 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
Wow. From Iran to Kurdistan to Palestine to Europe.

I think a lot of people agree that Kurds have a right to a state, but the Allies knew how to divide them after wwI putting each section in a different country thus creating trouble spots for four countries.. Iran, Turkey, Iraq and Syria.

One word on Islam. I'm a strict-practicing Muslima and I can give you an insider's look at Islam if you want to. We claim to be a religion of peace because we want to be at peace with everybody, but that doesn't mean we accept to be bullied around. When someone steals your land, kills your people, strikes and cries we don't surrender like helpless fools. We don't (rather shouldn't) peg for mercy, we defend ourselves. d.f.e.n.d. o.u.r.s.e.l.v.e.s. We don't claim that we should turn the other cheek. This is no peace, this is surrender and we don't (again shouldn't) surrender. We're honest and clear about this, unlike, say, Christians who claim something and do the extreme opposite. Yet, nobody says Christians did so and so. Or Jews who have really violent text in the Old Testament but when Israel keeps attacking Palestinian civillian targets with real weapons that kill tens and hundreds of people at a time, some people only remember those few shells that Hamas fires and hardly break a window with. Did you know that most injuries caused by Palestinian shells are nervous breakdowns?! Home-made explosives in metal containers with no control over direction, for logic's sake!
The turning the other cheek in Christianity only means that we must forgive. You as a Muslima surely understand what forgiveness is all about (Allah Yesmah) Isn't he the most forgiving, the most forbearing (2:235)?. If God can do it so can every Muslim, Christian, Jew or others.
You can defend yourself but you can do it on many fronts. One front that Muslims/Arabs have neglected is education. You know how rampant ignorance is in most Muslim and Arab countries don't you? You want Jihad? Start from within, get your people to understand their own religion in a world context, get them to be more accepting of others and above all make Jihad a call for knowledge rather than blowing yourselves up (intihar) in the name of Allah.
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 01:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Wow again.

As you said, Allah is the most forgiving, the most forbearing. It's mentioned at the beginning of 113 out of 114 of Quraan suras/chapters. and as many as hundreds of times throughout Quraan.

But again, to forgive doesn't mean to surrender. If someone stole your car will you forgive him and let take it away and even call you a theif? No, you'll fight for it.
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Well, what would the World be like had the Brits settled the Jewish people in Uganda, as initially planned.
Indians probably wouldn't own as many supermarkets and other assorted stores and businesses in Africa.
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 02:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
Well, what would the World be like had the Brits settled the Jewish people in Uganda, as initially planned. I guess Indians wouldn't own as many supermarkets and other assorted stores and businesses in Africa.

But Uganda is not mentioned in the Old Testament. An Israel declared in Uganda will not apeal to, and gather support from, religious zealots.

Plus, Ugandans have the right to sovereignty on their land.

Jews have always existed in Palestine alongside Muslims and Christians. We have no problem against jews, we have a big problem because of zionists who threw us out of our land.
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
No offense
Attached Images

post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 05:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

dewprof,

On education, you have no idea what this means to us. I'm a Palestinian and I tell my kids, as my parents told me before, that their single most important document is their degree. But the average Palestinian has very limited access to education. During the First Intifada, 1987 to 1993 , classes were disconnected for months on a run. It took my maternal aunt 8 years to get her B Sc. Her university-going brothers were imprisoned most of the time as a precautionary measure that applied to thousands of Palestinian youths. Still, they graduated although in their thirties.

I know Palestine is a special case but I lived in Jordan for a few years and witnessed the average man’s financial struggle to get his children into university. This happens everywhere in the Arab World. Only the financially able can send their children to university. So, poverty here is the reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in