Brace yourself! The U.S. Stock Market May "Crash!" - Page 7 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:21 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok,

I don't know much about all this, and I understand that this may not be sound financial advice but, just keep doing what you do well and build on that. I have invested in people and that has paid off big time, I may not be rich but I can still pay all my bills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clk man View Post
I don't know much about all this, and I understand that this may not be sound financial advice but, just keep doing what you do well and build on that. I have invested in people and that has paid off big time, I may not be rich but I can still pay all my bills.
That is the best way to do it. Folks don't need to try and be what they are not. That is the best way to end up on the street.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #63 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Hey Jayhawk, good call on that first post.

What's your crystal ball say for the rest of the week?

B

PS No, I didn't read 7 pages of posts. So if you've already burst forth in wisdom, tell me which #.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #64 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:47 PM
~BANNED~

Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
That is the best way to do it. Folks don't need to try and be what they are not. That is the best way to end up on the street.
It's here where Invested my time, and what did I get on my investment, people who care, and the return was that so many people came to my aid in my time of need, I thank you all, and those who visited me.
post #65 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 09:16 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Speaking as an intel-ligent individual whose never needed a stiff shirt yuppie to tamper with my finances to somehow "fix" my debt, I've been down-turning my own spending since 9-11. I knew once Hitler Bush mumbled those erie words "Either you're with us, or you're with the terrorists", I had to get my financial house in order....and I'm glad I did.

Since 9-11:

1. At least 5,000 soldiers dead (not including the 5,000 trapped in the WTC...that makes it a cool 10,000 Americans dead.)
2. Crime in U.S cities has risen drastically.
3. Illegal Immigrants have poured over our borders in tidal waves...and get FREE citizenship no less.
4. The war in AfghanIraqIran has not come to an end with no end in sight.
(it's been 7 years so far)
5. the Bush dynasty is laughing all the way to the Bank.
6. the ripple effect of all of this will be devastating.

Now ask yourself America, what did YOU get out of the last 8 years?

It won't matter who the next president is...they will have to spend another 8-10 years fixing the SHIT that draft dodging coke sniffin' asshole from crawford, texas created.
post #66 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 09:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz rider View Post
Speaking as an intel-ligent individual whose never needed a stiff shirt yuppie to tamper with my finances to somehow "fix" my debt, I've been down-turning my own spending since 9-11. I knew once Hitler Bush mumbled those erie words "Either you're with us, or you're with the terrorists", I had to get my financial house in order....and I'm glad I did.

Since 9-11:

1. At least 5,000 soldiers dead (not including the 5,000 trapped in the WTC...that makes it a cool 10,000 Americans dead.)
2. Crime in U.S cities has risen drastically.
3. Illegal Immigrants have poured over our borders in tidal waves...and get FREE citizenship no less.
4. The war in AfghanIraqIran has not come to an end with no end in sight.
(it's been 7 years so far)
5. the Bush dynasty is laughing all the way to the Bank.
6. the ripple effect of all of this will be devastating.

Now ask yourself America, what did YOU get out of the last 8 years?

It won't matter who the next president is...they will have to spend another 8-10 years fixing the SHIT that draft dodging coke sniffin' asshole from crawford, texas created.
J, you are not suppose to post as two different people.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #67 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Hey Jayhawk, good call on that first post.

What's your crystal ball say for the rest of the week?

B

PS No, I didn't read 7 pages of posts. So if you've already burst forth in wisdom, tell me which #.
I don't know what will happen this week, but I do believe that the international blood-letting so far may be the best thing that could have happened to the stock market. It is going to really ring-out all of the excesses and crap and make future investing a much better proposition for all of us. Right now stocks are exceedingly cheap! The economy is still very strong, and, I believe, it is likely to stay that way at least through the end of the year. In fact, I would bet that the DOW will be up 10% from its previous high before the end of this year. (See posts #1, #31 and #36...)

Don't believe everything you think
post #68 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 11:42 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I don't know what will happen this week, but I do believe that the international blood-letting so far may be the best thing that could have happened to the stock market. It is going to really ring-out all of the excesses and crap and make future investing a much better proposition for all of us. Right now stocks are exceedingly cheap! The economy is still very strong, and, I believe, it is likely to stay that way at least through the end of the year. In fact, I would bet that the DOW will be up 10% from its previous high before the end of this year. (See posts #1, #31 and #36...)
Thanks, JH. Last fall I believed McBear's prognostications and shifted assets in my 401k from the stock market into bonds. I still had some exposure but not at the previous level. McBear, your check is in the mail.

I'm thinking about shifting back into the stock market but like they say, timing is everything.

You guys have kept me from taking a financial bath and my retirement is still on target. JH, your check will be in the mail soon!

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #69 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 11:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Thanks, JH. Last fall I believed McBear's prognostications and shifted assets in my 401k from the stock market into bonds. I still had some exposure but not at the previous level. McBear, your check is in the mail.

I'm thinking about shifting back into the stock market but like they say, timing is everything.

You guys have kept me from taking a financial bath and my retirement is still on target. JH, your check will be in the mail soon!

B
I pulled out of the Market in Mid October of 07 and only put in what I needed to a couple of weeks ago to open accounts and satisfy 401K responsibilities. They are doing OK but will bounce back.

Hard to tell when this will bottom but I am setting on cash right now waiting. Last night I played Asia for one good hit but found myself sweating the entire 40 minutes [that was different], My broker is pissed because I am keeping everything on the side instead of all the shiny new accounts she opened to grab my money.

Much like our discussion of Climate vs Weather, we are now in a Economy vs Market view. The market is going to be pulled by daily influences much like the daily weather but the foundation Economy is where the concern is. And that trend is what bothers me [and a bunch of other people]. Right now bonds are not making much BUT they are losing nothing.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #70 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
(Thread Starter)
Quote:

B
Thanks, but I would urge you to drop the word "timing" from your investment vocabulary. It is well documented that only full-time investment experts will do well, and even they fail as often as they succeed. And armatures like us will get killed in the long run. I don't care how old you are, invest for the long haul and don't worry about what the market will do this week or next year. Armatures occasionally get lucky, which of course reinforces their dangerous behavior, but they will eventually get killed! But then it is too late...

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in