Whats For Dinner? - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 03:05 AM
Outstanding Contributor
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
That was an interesting write-up by Tuetone. The medicinal power of the food we eat is also interesting. Some time back I rented a room in a family home and the landlord was a Chef in a Chinese goverment hotel.

One evening I ate some chinese street food and it must of been bad as I started with the runs and ended up doubled-up with pain. My wife could see I was really ill and wanted to take me to the hospital so she told the landlord. He said dont worry ill fix his problem (remember this man is a chef and not a doctor) I was a little worried about this and warned him I would not swallow any chinese medicine.

He took a wet towel and onto the towel he placed a lot of crushed ginger and then wrapped the ginger with the towel and placed it on my stomach.
Well, I kid you not, within 5 mins my pain started to go away and after 20 mins I was sleeping like a baby.

The towel has to be removed after 15 mins or you will have a large red burn mark on the skin as I had, but it whent away a couple of days later.

Most of us dont really understand the power of the foods we eat

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
Sponsored Links
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 03:17 AM
CH4S Artist
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
There is a Persian dish called Khoresht Fesenjan , chicken on safron rice, with a sauce made with ground walnut and pomegranate molasses, that is out of this World.
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 05:47 AM
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
There is an Iranian restaurant up the road from me called House of Kabab where they have a buffet. The food is excellent and the prices are very reasonable. When I lived in DC I used to go to Moby Dick of Georgetown where they served fast Iranian food but it was 100 times better than other fast foods. I loved watching them bake the small bread wraps right there on the spot. They would smack the dough against the walls of the open oven and it would come out oh so delicious. I also loved the yogurt dishes.
The best restaurant Iranian food I had was in UAE or Bahrain I can't remember which but for the best of the best you got to manage to get invited by an Iranian family, anywhere in the world, they just seem to be born with cooking skills and excellent tastes in many other things.
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 06:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by 420 SE View Post
Oddly (for my part of the world) there is a fantastic restaurant the next beach up which is totally Persian themed food.

It is one of the best (and cheapest) restaurants on the Coast, the twoo guys who run it are not Iranian but lived there for a long time.

Absolutely brilliant food.
I won't be surprised for demographically, Australia has sizeable Mediterranean and Middle Eastern community.

I believe Melbourne, for example, has one of the largest Greek community outside of Greece and that its population is second only to that of Athens.

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: