Head of the house - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Head of the house

Saudi Arabia beheads foreign maid
BBC

An Indonesian housemaid has been executed in Saudi Arabia after being convicted of killing her employer, the Saudi interior ministry has said. The woman was beheaded in the southern Asir province, in what was the second execution in the country in 2008. The maid was earlier found guilty of suffocating her female boss and stealing her jewellery.

Rape, murder and other serious crimes can carry the death penalty in the conservative desert kingdom. Beheadings usually take place in public.

Last year, Saudi Arabia - which follows a strict interpretation of Sharia, or Islamic law - executed more than 130 people, compared to fewer than 40 in 2006.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:12 AM
worst mod in BW history
 
ThrillKill's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Location: Chicago
Posts: 27,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
From Wiki:

Painless
If the headsman's axe or sword was sharp and his aim was true, decapitation was quick and was presumed to be a relatively painless form of death. If the instrument was blunt or the executioner clumsy, however, multiple strokes might be required to sever the head. The person to be executed was therefore advised to give a gold coin to the headsman so that he did his job with care. Not getting their proper money's worth, Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex and Mary, Queen of Scots required three strikes at their respective executions. But compared to Essex and Mary, James Scott, 1st Duke of Monmouth required at least five strokes before the executioner used a knife to complete the execution

ThrillKill is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:17 AM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Is this yet another thread advocating cannibalism?
Shane is offline  
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Always Remembered RIP
 
cascade's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Location: Grass Valley, N. Calif. / Gardnerville, Nevada
Posts: 10,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill View Post
From Wiki:

Painless
If the headsman's axe or sword was sharp and his aim was true, decapitation was quick and was presumed to be a relatively painless form of death. If the instrument was blunt or the executioner clumsy, however, multiple strokes might be required to sever the head. The person to be executed was therefore advised to give a gold coin to the headsman so that he did his job with care. Not getting their proper money's worth, Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex and Mary, Queen of Scots required three strikes at their respective executions. But compared to Essex and Mary, James Scott, 1st Duke of Monmouth required at least five strokes before the executioner used a knife to complete the execution

TMI

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.


"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
cascade is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 10:41 AM
~BANNED~
 
benz rider's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well at least they "cut down" on prison overcrowding.

maybe if America did this, people wouldn't be so quick to commit crimes.
benz rider is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 10:52 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,124
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz rider View Post
well at least they "cut down" on prison overcrowding.

maybe if America did this, people wouldn't be so quick to commit crimes.
That's an interesting point. When I was in Saudi Arabia sometimes I would leave my car running so the air conditioning stays on and I would have a cool car to come back to if I am going for a five minute or less errand. Car unlocked, keys in the ignition and no worries... oh that was a 600SEL by the way
Another interesting observation was in the gold market; the displays were wide open and no one dared grabbing the stuff.
Here in Baltimore if I leave my lawnmower in my yard just so I can get inside for a quick drink then there is a good chance I won't see it again when I come out (unless I let the dog loose in there, unfortunately he loves to attack the lawnmower which I still don't understand why).
DP is online now  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
When I was a kid in Atlanta GA we'd leave our house unlocked unless were were going out of town. I guess it's different now.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,250
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
That's an interesting point. When I was in Saudi Arabia sometimes I would leave my car running so the air conditioning stays on and I would have a cool car to come back to if I am going for a five minute or less errand. Car unlocked, keys in the ignition and no worries... oh that was a 600SEL by the way
Another interesting observation was in the gold market; the displays were wide open and no one dared grabbing the stuff.
Here in Baltimore if I leave my lawnmower in my yard just so I can get inside for a quick drink then there is a good chance I won't see it again when I come out (unless I let the dog loose in there, unfortunately he loves to attack the lawnmower which I still don't understand why).
Shit, even copper gutters nailed to a fucking house aren't safe in Baltimore.
Qubes is online now  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:38 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,124
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Shit, even copper gutters nailed to a fucking house aren't safe in Baltimore.
Yeah tell me about that
DP is online now  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Punjabi's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Location: In Virtual Reality
Posts: 3,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Yeah tell me about that
heh, heh....did our famous 'Balti Houses' of Birmingham (UK) originate in Baltimore! heh heh........
Punjabi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    'IF YOU CAN'T RUN YOUR OWN HOUSE, YOU CAN'T RUN THE WHITE HOUSE'... Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 4 08-22-2007 12:15 PM
    House approves anti-OPEC bill - Does the House have their head up their ass..... Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 32 07-30-2007 09:39 PM
    The seven best car videos - cutting edge technology goes head to head! firstmb Off-Topic 0 03-11-2006 09:58 PM
    240D for toy house or tree house BILLSONG W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 6 12-30-2005 06:44 PM
    Old White House on Rove: He had nothing to do with it. New White House on Rove: No Comment FeelTheLove Off-Topic 36 07-18-2005 12:43 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome