Study Shows Fox News Gives Most Balanced Coverage - Page 12 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ Tsk, tsk...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 03:30 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
^Now that is funny, I don't care who you are.
post #113 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Predict Fox News Boycott If Ron Paul Excluded From Upcoming Debate

Posted January 3, 2008 -- Huffington Post

I predict that Ron Paul supporters will launch a major boycott of Fox News, which will then be supported by many progressive Democrats, if Fox News shamefully excludes Paul from the upcoming New Hampshire primary debate.

Maybe Democrats should invite Ron Paul to an upcoming Democratic debate to give him fair time and demonstrate how our democracy is the real democracy, compared to the Fox News and George Bush brand of Republicans.

Mark my words, we have already seen Dennis Kucinich shamefully excluded from a major Democratic debate in Iowa, and there will soon be moves to exclude other candidates in both parties from future debates. Who will be the next Democrat excluded? Dodd? Biden? Richardson? Kucinich again?

First major media fails to give candidates even minimally fair coverage, going back a year.

Then major media makes some of the most experienced and qualified candidates virtually beg for a few seconds in the debates.

Now they move to exclude candidates entirely.

Whoever controls the aiwaves controls the ballgame. Though the airwaves are a public trust, they have been abused by those holding the airwaves in trust for the public, violating the most cardinal values of a free press, First Amendment, and truly democratic debate.

With the FCC now violating the will of the Congress, the opinion of most voters, and its own public trust watch what happens when too-consolidated media, consolidates further.

Perhaps we should just cancel the campaign entirely, put the presidency up for bidding at EBAY, and allow only two establishment candidates to bid for the White House.

Of course, Fox News is the fair and balanced voice for the Republican National Committee, but now, by excluding Ron Paul, Fox News may be doing the bidding of insider Republicans but now fails to be even a fair and balanced voice for the Republican Party they represent.

Ron Paul will raise close to $20 million for his campaign in the current quarter, which should place him among the top candidates in both parties in total campaign fundraising. This alone should guarantee his seat at the table for any Republican debates for the immediate future.

If Democrats such as Biden, Dodd, Richardson and Kucinich have not gotten a fair deal from the mainstream media, it is bizarre that Fox News, the voice of the Republican Party, now takes this to a new level, excluding a candidate for Republicans who is the only true libertarian conservative voice in the Republican campaign.

I predict that if Fox does not join the ranks of American Democracy and include Ron Paul, his supporters will boycott Fox, reach out to many progressives who would never support Paul but may well join his legions to make a stand against this latest abuse of democracy, by the fair and balanced network that only represents certain factions in their vision of a one party media.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #114 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 11:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
If he does well in Iowa they wont be able to keep him out.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thats what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #115 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 11:41 AM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
fox the decider
post #116 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 12:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liberals (Huffington Post) being so pissed at Fox is just more validation for its content and methods.

Paul is a legitimate candidate who is trying to triangulate the Democrats and Republicans. That will only work if he is an independent candidate; it will only lead to disappointment for the Paul-lites if he tries to leverage from within the Republican party.

One has to be suspicious when the liberals are complaining that one Republican is not being treated fairly by other Republicans.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #117 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 12:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
SHUT UP! he writes! SHUT UP! No, no, no, I don't think so... I call you on your sources and you throw up the wall. I believe that says a lot about how you operate. One standard for you and another one for the rest of us...what do you call us...ah, kiddies as I recall. To SHUT UP is to acquiesce to the emperor wearing his new clothes when he is really mcBARE.

No, can't shut up. Having too much fun.
No, you didn't call me on my sources, you wanted me to do your homework. I provided the source, I provided the link. I can't help it if you can't follow it or can't understand what to do once you did follow it. Apparently reading comprehension and research are not your strong points. It explains much

So, either look it up, drop it or shut up if you are too lazy to do the work. I really don't care which it is. I will continue to back my comments with resources, facts and research and you will continue to obfuscate, misdirect and play games. You go, girl.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #118 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 01:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
McBare, you should immediately contact Dan Rather about this "considered perception".
It would be why he got his ass fired, for good reason. And remember, that was on a feature program, 60 Minutes, not the news program.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #119 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 01:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
^ Tsk, tsk...

Foreplay? I don't think so.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #120 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Ron Paul Gets Huge Boost in New Hampshire

An attempt by the Fox News Network to prevent Republican US Presidential candidate Ron Paul from participating in a New Hampshire debate has apparently backfired. Following calls by Paul supporters to boycott Fox News, its sponsors and even short their shares, the worst blow against Fox came from the New Hampshire GOP itself, which announced Saturday it would be backing out of sponsoring the debate. The news gives Ron Paul some interesting last minute exposure before Tuesday's New Hampshire Debate.

Party Chairman Fergus Cullen said Fox’s decision to limit participation runs counter to the primary’s “national purpose.”

“Only in New Hampshire do lesser-known, lesser-funded underdogs have a fighting chance to establish themselves as national figures,” Cullen said in a statement posted on the party’s website.

Fox offered no explanation as to why Ron Paul was not invited. Both Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani were. Paul beat Giuliani severely in Iowa and is ahead of Thompson in the New Hampshire polls.

Cullen told Politico that he had asked Fox News last week to allow Paul and Duncan Hunter at the forum, which was scheduled for Sunday night.

“Our mutual efforts to resolve this difference have failed,” Cullen's statement said, adding “the New Hampshire Republican Party hereby withdraws as a partner in this forum.”

The Paul campaign praised Cullen and blasted Fox in a statement.

"Fox News' decision to exclude Congressman Paul is unfair, but it won't stop Dr. Paul's message of freedom, peace and prosperity from resonating with the people of New Hampshire," said campaign spokesman Jesse Benton. He told Politico that the campaign wouldn’t hold any protest event at the same time as the forum, but rather would “just buy our own airtime and reach New Hampshire voters ourselves.”

Paul was participating in a Saturday night ABC Debate sponsored by Facebook. The ABC debate featured both Republicans and Democrats. And while there were exclusions (most notably Dennis Kucinich), ABC provided specific criteria that each candidate had to meet. Ron Paul met that criteria.

Even non-supporters of Ron Paul agreed the decision by Fox to exclude the long time Congressman was wrong.

One comment appearing on the Politico website:

"As much as I find Ron Paul a distraction, I agree that he's performed well enough to be included. However, Duncan Hunter has earned no such place at the table. I predict that Fox will flip on this and let Ron Paul attend."

And another:

"I'm a Romney supporter, and I'd like to see the field narrowed, too, BUT excluding Ron Paul seems wrong to me. He's polling pretty strongly in a wide open field, he did better than Hizzoner in Iowa by a long shot, and he has a strong and faithful following in N.H. Who cares if he's at 4% nationally. We've had only the Iowa Caususes at this point. It's too early to be throwing him off the bus. I am not supporting Paul, but I am supporting his right to still be in the game at this point."

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in