CaDigillac - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1272 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
CaDigillac

I have come to realize that Shane...

is a true cocksucker and I don't mean that in a friendly "Gay greets Gay" kind of way.

I have been perfectly happy tootling around in my widdle bitty 107 but HE, the scumlicking asswipe, has to go around posting dicksplash pictures of his "tuna boats" and rekindle a long dormant flame.

It was a pleasant 45 degree/overcast day so I put the top down and a warm leather jacket on and went about the business of dealing with my errands.

Then I drove past this...

and God help me, I pulled in to look it over,

thanks to that fecking gobshite, Shane and his collection of automobiles.

"IT" is a 1974 Cadillac Fleetwood Talisman. The Talisman was a factory option that transformed an ordinary Fleetwood into 4 seat "personal car/limo". This particular model has the royal blue interior which is in PERFECT condition. Big poofy French whorehouse upholstery, SHAG, THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID SHAG carpeting (including the back seat footrests!) and lockable armrest storage consoles that you could hide a body in.

I didn't get pics inside but here are some I found and the color is correct.

Ordinarily, I would drive right past a land yacht of this vintage but since that excreable sproat Shane started flaunting his GM luxury vehicles, my curiosity was piqued.

The guy (mid 70's, the car was his father's daily driver 'til he passed this year) claimed to be the 2nd owner and the car was resprayed before they bought it. He replaced the vinyl roof after they acquired it. There is so much undercoating on it it reaches up into the door sill area.

472 cu.in. power plant cranked a bit and fired up. Sounds like an exhaust manifold leak somewhere. There's a bit of rust on the usual edges of a GM product. Everything works and he's asking $6K.

Shane, you ignorant pap smear, you will doubtless disavow all responsibility in the matter but when you look into the mirror, you cumbucket, at those impossibly high cheekbones of yours, just think of the anguish and suffering your assmunching automotive predilections have caused.

I barely escaped with my checkbook intact.

Shame, young man. Shame.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Feel better now Dig?

I was just wondering how you know what the interiors of "poofy" French whorehouses look like.

The "Talisman" ended when the cars were "downsized. 1976 was the last model year for the "Talisman".

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<

Last edited by cascade; 12-28-2007 at 04:10 PM.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 04:07 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
No curbfeelers?

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post
I was just wondering how you know what the interiors of "poofy" French whorehouses look like.
Maybe I should have said "Barbary Coast"?

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 04:35 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
Maybe I should have said "Barbary Coast"?

I have been to the Barbary Coast and it's not cushy
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 05:31 PM
~BANNED~

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Your Welcome!

Run from that one, stooperstraight. I smell bucket o' rust looming large in the optical scan. You can see where the north east rear bumper bashers were recently removed when the rear painted rubber fillers were replaced with fiberglass reproductions without of course replacing the plastic chrome surrounds. I loathe those stupid bumper bashers. Repaint means 92&#37; of the time the door jambs, trunk and hood surrounds are shot to shit and then all the stainless and chrome is ruined by sanding and chemicals. Add to the fact the recent undercoating in weird places and the strangely discolored hubcaps (salt) and you have a car to run not walk away from.
Color combo. is better than tolerable and Talisman adds at least a third to the value but fuck that POS anyway. '74 is considered a bastard year to Caddie enthusiasts, btw because of the ugly round headlamps, first year for clog o matic catalytic converters, and no power what so ever due to cluelessness regarding U.S. emissions. You want a '76 as the stupid, narrow minded, herd o' sheep only like the last year of anything. Idiots! Find a nice, low mile, original paint, '76 Fleet if you want one. Better yet get a '77 to '79 as they are cheaper, better sized, have adequate accel. and better build quality, although not comparable to a S class benz of the same time period. Rust is not an issue on any of these cars if they have been kept correctly, if you see more than surface rust anywhere then run.
Actually, get a '90 to '92 Cadillac Brougham with low miles and all original paint. The old body style never got better than that despite the euro lamps and lower cladding. These are cars that don't rattle, stand up to high miles, and are quite reliable and very durable. Try to get the Chevy 5.7 liter but the Chevy 305 is adequate if you must. Early '90 5.0 liter models did have the Oldsmobile 307 which is long lasting but a little low on hp. Keep it garaged as you would any old car and it will last as well as any other kind of car, possibly better.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 05:37 PM
~BANNED~

Here are two decent examples for sale now. The white one appears a little cleaner but the black one isn't too bad.

eBay Motors: Cadillac : Fleetwood (item 300185239379 end time Jan-16-08 09:46:31 PST)

eBay Motors: Cadillac : Fleetwood (item 320200221823 end time Dec-31-07 14:15:00 PST)
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 05:42 PM
~BANNED~

If you want to go old here is one in green and in a more tolerable year before 5mph bumpers and emissions shot them to shit. I suggest old only if you enjoy working on old cars. Regardless of make you will have to dedicate time to it. Paint on top surfaces might buff out if they have not yet crazed. Looks to be original paint. Offer no more than $6,500.00. The newer Fleets are for someone who just likes to wash and turn ignition keys.

eBay Motors: Cadillac : Fleetwood (item 140192312833 end time Dec-28-07 18:27:42 PST)
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Excellent eye on the fiberbashers. The seller has a new set of color matched rubber ones in the trunk.

If I find an 'Old Guy" 90 to 92, can I put Impala SS wheels on it and lower it a bit?

No. STOP IT. Get out of my head!

126 126 126 126 126 126 ommmmmmmmmm.

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 05:46 PM
~BANNED~

I also recommend this one. Terrible color and no sunroof so it should stay cheap considering it appears to be in nice original cond.

eBay Motors: Mercedes-Benz : 300-Series (item 150198286442 end time Jan-01-08 20:22:18 PST)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in