Merry Christmas Everyone - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
By the way I got a belated Christmas present about half an hour ago. The sump pump went out. Only second one in 20 years so that is not bad. But I will be installing the new one later this evening. Wonder if they come with a ribbon and bow?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 04:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
By the way I got a belated Christmas present about half an hour ago. The sump pump went out. Only second one in 20 years so that is not bad. But I will be installing the new one later this evening. Wonder if they come with a ribbon and bow?
We'll have a ribbon-cutting for you...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 04:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Location: Ratville
Posts: 24,029
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
By the way I got a belated Christmas present about half an hour ago. The sump pump went out. Only second one in 20 years so that is not bad. But I will be installing the new one later this evening. Wonder if they come with a ribbon and bow?
sump ?
Attached Images
 
mlfun is offline  
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 04:52 PM
worst mod in BW history
 
ThrillKill's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Location: Chicago
Posts: 27,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
By the way I got a belated Christmas present about half an hour ago. The sump pump went out. Only second one in 20 years so that is not bad. But I will be installing the new one later this evening. Wonder if they come with a ribbon and bow?
Do yourself a favor and get a waste pump. I just replaced a 200 pound all cast pump with one that actually is more powerful (2hp) and about 1/3 of the weight also no more float ball. It has a circuit board with a level sensor inside.

ThrillKill is offline  
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill View Post
Do yourself a favor and get a waste pump. I just replaced a 200 pound all cast pump with one that actually is more powerful (2hp) and about 1/3 of the weight also no more float ball. It has a circuit board with a level sensor inside.
Not a bad idea. I don't have an emergency need [which is good] as only the washer, dehumidifier and A/C condenser run to it - unless we get 5 inches of rain again. And I don't have backup so that is even better. I might wait until tomorrow and just go to Tractor Supply as they tend to have better quality stuff like that.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 05:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
What'sump, dude?

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Give'm sump'in to talk about.
yoseyman is offline  
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:07 PM
worst mod in BW history
 
ThrillKill's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Location: Chicago
Posts: 27,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Not a bad idea. I don't have an emergency need [which is good] as only the washer, dehumidifier and A/C condenser run to it - unless we get 5 inches of rain again. And I don't have backup so that is even better. I might wait until tomorrow and just go to Tractor Supply as they tend to have better quality stuff like that.

Oh man. Get yourself a backup too. The problem is when you need it the stores will be all out. When I bought the new generator last month($400) the guy at Home Depot said during our last flood and power out, people were offering 4000 bucks for one. It was madness. Most of us have finished basements that our insurance will not cover so losing $10-15 thousand dollars of stuff is not uncommon. An Ace in the Hole setup is fairly cheap and runs off a car battery and usually we lose power when we're sleeping. I don't know if you ever had to cut wall to wall rug and pad in 75 pound 2 sq ft dripping pieces to get it out of the house but it really sucks and I've done it 4 times.

ThrillKill is offline  
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Location: Ratville
Posts: 24,029
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
And there goes the thread

Puncrap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	155104  
Attached Images
   

Last edited by mlfun; 12-27-2007 at 06:12 PM.
mlfun is offline  
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 07:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill View Post
Oh man. Get yourself a backup too. The problem is when you need it the stores will be all out. When I bought the new generator last month($400) the guy at Home Depot said during our last flood and power out, people were offering 4000 bucks for one. It was madness. Most of us have finished basements that our insurance will not cover so losing $10-15 thousand dollars of stuff is not uncommon. An Ace in the Hole setup is fairly cheap and runs off a car battery and usually we lose power when we're sleeping. I don't know if you ever had to cut wall to wall rug and pad in 75 pound 2 sq ft dripping pieces to get it out of the house but it really sucks and I've done it 4 times.
You shouldda seen it post-Katrina and Post-Rita. Smart money bought truck loads of tarps, ice, and generators. Pulled into any parking lot and sold stock in cash, off the back. You've got to move fast, though. Show-up a day too late and you're stuck with a truck load of tarps and no market.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Merry Christmas AndyFracica W164 M-Class 6 12-25-2006 10:50 AM
    Merry Christmas! LOCHS 2 W163 M-Class 19 12-24-2006 07:45 PM
    Merry Christmas one and all! adamuk V-Class 1 12-22-2006 10:28 AM
    MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! dodgy geezer W140 S-Class 5 12-16-2004 04:18 AM
    MERRY CHRISTMAS Alan G-Class 4 12-23-2001 03:30 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome