LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
By the way I got a belated Christmas present about half an hour ago. The sump pump went out. Only second one in 20 years so that is not bad. But I will be installing the new one later this evening. Wonder if they come with a ribbon and bow?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 04:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
By the way I got a belated Christmas present about half an hour ago. The sump pump went out. Only second one in 20 years so that is not bad. But I will be installing the new one later this evening. Wonder if they come with a ribbon and bow?
We'll have a ribbon-cutting for you...

Don't believe everything you think
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 04:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
sump ?
Attached Images

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 04:52 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Do yourself a favor and get a waste pump. I just replaced a 200 pound all cast pump with one that actually is more powerful (2hp) and about 1/3 of the weight also no more float ball. It has a circuit board with a level sensor inside.

post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill View Post
Do yourself a favor and get a waste pump. I just replaced a 200 pound all cast pump with one that actually is more powerful (2hp) and about 1/3 of the weight also no more float ball. It has a circuit board with a level sensor inside.
Not a bad idea. I don't have an emergency need [which is good] as only the washer, dehumidifier and A/C condenser run to it - unless we get 5 inches of rain again. And I don't have backup so that is even better. I might wait until tomorrow and just go to Tractor Supply as they tend to have better quality stuff like that.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 05:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
What'sump, dude?

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Give'm sump'in to talk about.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:07 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Not a bad idea. I don't have an emergency need [which is good] as only the washer, dehumidifier and A/C condenser run to it - unless we get 5 inches of rain again. And I don't have backup so that is even better. I might wait until tomorrow and just go to Tractor Supply as they tend to have better quality stuff like that.

Oh man. Get yourself a backup too. The problem is when you need it the stores will be all out. When I bought the new generator last month($400) the guy at Home Depot said during our last flood and power out, people were offering 4000 bucks for one. It was madness. Most of us have finished basements that our insurance will not cover so losing $10-15 thousand dollars of stuff is not uncommon. An Ace in the Hole setup is fairly cheap and runs off a car battery and usually we lose power when we're sleeping. I don't know if you ever had to cut wall to wall rug and pad in 75 pound 2 sq ft dripping pieces to get it out of the house but it really sucks and I've done it 4 times.

post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
And there goes the thread

Puncrap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	155104  
Attached Images

Last edited by mlfun; 12-27-2007 at 06:12 PM.
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 07:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill View Post
Oh man. Get yourself a backup too. The problem is when you need it the stores will be all out. When I bought the new generator last month($400) the guy at Home Depot said during our last flood and power out, people were offering 4000 bucks for one. It was madness. Most of us have finished basements that our insurance will not cover so losing $10-15 thousand dollars of stuff is not uncommon. An Ace in the Hole setup is fairly cheap and runs off a car battery and usually we lose power when we're sleeping. I don't know if you ever had to cut wall to wall rug and pad in 75 pound 2 sq ft dripping pieces to get it out of the house but it really sucks and I've done it 4 times.
You shouldda seen it post-Katrina and Post-Rita. Smart money bought truck loads of tarps, ice, and generators. Pulled into any parking lot and sold stock in cash, off the back. You've got to move fast, though. Show-up a day too late and you're stuck with a truck load of tarps and no market.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in